Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-off is Official!!! With Instructions...

Tip us?

luis86dr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,591
In the proccess of restoring boot image now and going to give this another go. Placed the s-off files in my adb / fastboot folder now. Hopefully it plays nice. :/

Slacker101
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffeely View Post
I also am having this same problem. I have been sitting at this screen for 30 minutes now. I'm assuming something hung. Has anyone found a fix for this specific problem (sorry if I missed it in my reading).

I am:
running Clean Rom
Windows 7
unlocked
started in Android
have USB debugging on
am unlocked
am rooted

Thanks!
The second device I did this with had the same problem. I closed the program, pulled the battery on the phone, restarted it, and then I ran the program again and it would pick up right where it left off.
If I helped, thank me by hitting the button please
The Following User Says Thank You to Slacker101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antp121
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,062

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis86dr View Post
In the proccess of restoring boot image now and going to give this another go. Placed the s-off files in my adb / fastboot folder now. Hopefully it plays nice. :/
Make sure you follow the directions. Leave the phone on with USB debugging on. Or will go into boorloader mode automatically.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Current Phone(s):
Current Tablet(s):
LG G2(VS980)
Google/ASUS Nexus 7 32GB

Slacker101
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis86dr View Post
My files were in a different folder than adb/fastboot and I did not have any issues. Also you shouldn't have to reflash a rom in order to retry just boot to the green arrow and run the program.

jefffeely
Old
Thanks Meter 138

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopi45 View Post
Im having the same problem!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker101 View Post
The second device I did this with had the same problem. I closed the program, pulled the battery on the phone, restarted it, and then I ran the program again and it would pick up right where it left off.
Thanks. I'm giving it a try. Wish me luck haha.

johnwaynegacy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Thanks guys just kept trying and sure enough I got it. Timing is everything and I guess mines not always that great ask my last girlfriend LOL
whats her phone number?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnwaynegacy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slacker101
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffeely View Post
Thanks. I'm giving it a try. Wish me luck haha.
If it doesn't pick up where it left off and starts over, don't worry about it. If you have issues where it does not connect with the phone reboot your computer, I did have that issue once.

fix-this!
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwaynegacy View Post
whats her phone number?
Lmao...

Slacker101
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Also if anyone cares I was able to restore my old flash and everything without reflashing a rom or a backup by simply reinstalling amon ra. Then it booted right up, never even went into the menus for it. It was an unexpected side effect of me trying to flash a backup.

cpurick
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Once you've got S-off, how do you downgrade firmware? Does this just make it possible to fastboot flash hboot, or something like that?

Just trying to understand exactly what the procedure is that we're able to do once S-off is done.