[MOD][S-OFF] SuperCID Your Amaze!
So since I had a sensation before the Amaze, I remembered that once we got S-Off, a next step was to obtain SuperCID on the phone. Basically, having SuperCID allows you to flash any ROM, regardless of which carrier it is for. Pretty handy if you have your phone SIM unlocked and wanted to use your Amaze on Wind Mobile or something. Anyway, the steps are from this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1192300
) and original credit goes to "xl VipeR lx" for the Sensation write up.
The usual warning goes here. I'm not responsible for what you do, use this at your own risk!
Required - You MUST have your phone S-Off from Juopunutbear's method first! Go here for that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1611977
Also, if you've upgraded to ICS, the 1.93.0002 SHP Hboot is required to SuperCID!
It appears that the ICS update changes the firmware of the phone a bit. This means that using any bootloader other than SHP 1.93.0002 will remove your ability to write SuperCID to your device.
This includes the ENG bootloader. It makes no different if you're locked/unlocked and S-OFF, the command doesn't work without being on the proper HBoot. Unfortunately, being on 1.93.0002 also removes your ability to flash partitions directly in Fastboot (ie. fastboot flash recovery, fastboot flash radio, etc) and you must revert to ENG 1.90.2005 in order to use fastboot flash commands.
The process is very simple and exactly the same as the Sensation and most S-Off HTC devices:
1. Command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
2. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
3. Enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
4. Enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)
IF it doesn't you can Manually put the phone in the bootloader/hboot mode
Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)
It will take you to the fastboot bootloader screen on your phone
Connect your phone via USB
Your Screen should now read fastboot USB
5. Enter the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"
6. Enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
7. Enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
8. Enter the command "fastboot reboot"
9. You can now flash any ROM you like.
To remove SuperCID and return to stock CID:
1. Follow steps 1-4 for SuperCID
2. Enter the command "fastboot oem writecid __________" <--- Here you will put either T-MOB010 (T-Mobile), TELUS001 (Telus), GLOBA001 (Wind Mobile Canada)
3. Enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
4. Enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID has changed]
5. Enter the command "fastboot reboot"
6. You are now back on stock CID (for your carrier)
****If you like the automated route, benjamminzIs has provided two batch files, one for SuperCID (for all devices) and one for reverting to stock (T-Mobile only). Place them in your SDK/tools folder and run them!****