OP fenguepay

22nd April 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #11  
Cullman
Thanks Meter: 259

1,160 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan

Some guys advocate that AOSP devs will flock back to the rezound if we have s off.

We got s off because some developers from a completely different device put in a crapload of time and effort in order to figure out the exploit and then test it on our devices.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

The flock of new developers may be wishful thinking honestly. But I'm thankful to the guys who figured this exploit out. Genius

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,150

5,176 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

One big deal for a lot of people is that you will be able to make and restore nandroid backups without having to seperately go into hboot and flash the kernel (boot.img) for what you're restoring.

Also people want to be able to download and flash roms in a single file and installation process. Once devs begin packaging them for s off, you won't do the old two file method of rom in recovery followed by PH98IMG.zip in hboot.

This is my main reason. My Rezound loves the radios and Incredikernel. So I did a mixture of the 3, s-0ff, ics firmware, & Ineffabilis. Also just re-packed a GB rom that included kernel boot.img flashing and it worked BEAUTIFULLY. No PH98IMG flashing done at all.

Also, can always go back to Rezrom Ex 3.4 via nandroid without issue.
22nd April 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 27

191 posts
Does anyone know if we will be able to get the mount points changed for sdcard and sdcard2? I know recovery reads the actual sdcard, but for apps backing up data, it all goes to the internal "sdcard". More than once have I gotten in a rush and forgot to backup my internal sdcard. just hoping we can get that changed around.
22nd April 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #14  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,219

3,792 posts
Donate to Me
More
Someone should know this
Is there anything to gain with supercid on this device?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 19

193 posts
Will the process get any easier for s off I am a noob with this s off and roms in general for the rezound because I have yet to flash a new rom on
This phone it came with clean rom 3.7(bought on swappa) and I have no clue what some ppl are taking I came from a tbolt easy to flash rooms so was the razor but I'm just so lost with this phone
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
22nd April 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #16  
Account currently disabled
Flag Cincinnati Ohio
Thanks Meter: 105

1,424 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knights665

Will the process get any easier for s off I am a noob with this s off and roms in general for the rezound because I have yet to flash a new rom on
This phone it came with clean rom 3.7(bought on swappa) and I have no clue what some ppl are taking I came from a tbolt easy to flash rooms so was the razor but I'm just so lost with this phone

the process now is easy. takes hardly any time. the wire trick isnt bad at all took me twice to get it with paper clip is all
The Following User Says Thank You to luke1333 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #17  
Flag Highlands Ranch, CO.
Thanks Meter: 170

512 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by knights665

This process is DEAD SIMPLE ... Just time consuming if you can't get the "wire Trick" timing down.

All devices are different. All I can suggest is READ ... READ ... READ

Since you don't really even know what you want to do ... S-Off can wait. Then maybe a different s-off process may be available when you DO need it. I doubt it will be "easier" though.
22nd April 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 19

193 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1333

the process now is easy. takes hardly any time. the wire trick isnt bad at all took me twice to get it with paper clip is all

Alright I may give it a try but I hope someone comes up with a YouTube tutorial of the whole process ...I dont want to insult devs saying its to hard because I know how hard they worked and I appreciate it ..I'm just confused lol

22nd April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #19  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 198

2,032 posts
More
Quote:

One big deal for a lot of people is that you will be able to make and restore nandroid backups without having to seperately go into hboot and flash the kernel (boot.img) for what you're restoring.

Also people want to be able to download and flash roms in a single file and installation process. Once devs begin packaging them for s off, you won't do the old two file method of rom in recovery followed by PH98IMG.zip in hboot.

Everything will be included in recovery.

And to me the big deal is that you can flash the latest ice cream sandwich radio firmware by flashing the RUU, and whenever you want you can how back to the gingerbread radio firmware and gingerbread roms. As opposed go how its always been where once you upgraded there was no going back for radio firmware.

Also people will tell you that's the reason that we don't have a lot more developers on our device is because of s off. I personally think that's wishful thinking, and the user base is a reason a lot of devs walked away, but I'm passing along the information since its posted constantly that once s off is achieved there will be a line of devs a half mile long begging to get to the rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Wow it's been a long time since I was last s-off...until now! But surely they haven't managed being able to flash a rom and a new hboot along with a radio all in recovery?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA
23rd April 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #20  
Flag Brew City, WI, 414
Thanks Meter: 11

508 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is EXT4 recovery compatible now with our S-Off rezounds?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread