Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flashing windows mobile to android through usb

Tip us?

hom.hom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] flashing windows mobile to android through usb

So I have a broken sd card port, which does not read my sd cards anymore. And I was already on scoot's latest android build, but what do you do when something is broken? Well, you go back to factory settings and for our blessed HTC Kaiser or in my case MDA Vario III, this means going back to the abomination called WM (and to make matters even worse it is tmobile themed). But it seems that this also doesn't fix the problem and the sd card is still not read. It does say it needs to format the sd card for it to work, which I then give the permission to do, but it is never able to finish the format.

So my question is fairly simple: how to flash android on your WM device with usb?

thanks in advance!

( I am really stupid, going back to WM )

**I have looked for other guides, but they all assume you to already have android installed on your phone**

PoXFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 826

DONATE TO ME
It sounds like the ribbon cable is broken for the SD card. The only fix is to replace it, unless there is some other problem with the main board.
Daily device
Samsung Infuse SGH-I997, CM 10.2/11
x86 device
HP Mini 5101 10" net book
Android 4.4.2

hom.hom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
So how am I suppose to replace this "riboon cable" do I need to buy some extinct hardware specifically for the kaiser (which probably is impossible to get?) or can I do it some other way. And is there really no way to flash Android on the kaiser via usb, since I think I can manage with only a couple of apps on the internal storage...

Also I have already tried to flash android on my htc kaiser:

- I dragged and dropped the KAISIMG.NBG over the installer of my original t-mobile rom, but somehow it just installs the original rom again and not the KAISIMG.NBG

PoXFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 826

DONATE TO ME
AFAIK, the only 2 ways to flash anything to a Kaiser is through the SD card or USB port. Noone (to my knowledge) has ever created a RUU-flashable Android package for the Kaiser or any other device, which would be your only option.

Given the constraints on the RAM built into the Kaiser, you would have to build a pretty small package for the install, maybe 55-60MB, use Oli's NBH creator and (hopefully) build an installable package that can be sent via USB with an unsigned RUU updater.

If someone wants to take on the task of stripping an androidinstall package, extracting it and repacking it into a RUU installable NBH, feel free. I know it can be done with a kernel package, but that is only 3MB and goes to the first partition. All the other files would have to go to the correct partitions as well (/system, /data, /cache, etc.).
Daily device
x86 device
Android 4.4.2

hom.hom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
So how am I suppose to make an installable package? I have the file to get WM to Android, the kernel, and scoots android install package, which I have stripped down to 67 mb.

What should I do with these files? Do you have some kind of instructions?

PoXFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 826

DONATE TO ME
You would have to figure out how to not only partition the NAND, but direct the kernel and all files to their appropriate partitions.
Someone must have some info on how to do this...

Sent from this addictive thumb magnet...
Daily device
x86 device
Android 4.4.2
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe