Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HBOOT Version after S-OFF

OP nbhnohome

23rd April 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 106
 
484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Hi guys,

I've done S-OFF the Rezound and still on Stock Leaked ICS HBOOT (there is no Juopuntu/Bear on top of the screen in Bootloader like most of the people here have).

Could you please sum up the differences in all the HBOOT here ? What is it for ? (Engineered HBOOT posted by con, Leaked ICS HBOOT , Gingerbread HBOOT, ICS HBOOT with Juopuntu/Bear on top of the screen......).

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to nbhnohome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #2  
luis86dr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,591
 
2,220 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Did you flashed the jb_hboot.zip in fastboot?

I had that issue and did as follows:

Booted into fastboot and ran these commands in command prompt:

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip jb_hboot.zip
fastboot reboot

Sent from my Htc Rezound
Follow me on twitter @lmrtech
Last edited by luis86dr; 23rd April 2012 at 03:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luis86dr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 106
 
484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis86dr

Did you flashed the jb_hboot.zip in fastboot?

Sent from my Htc Rezound
Follow me on twitter @lmrtech

I haven't flashed any jb_hboot.zip after getting S-OFF. Should I be flashing the zip file posted in you Thread ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613309

Thanks
23rd April 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #4  
con247's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 3,119
 
3,070 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
This is what I have gathered so far.

GB Firmware Info:

Stock:
  • Refuses fastboot flashes
  • Allows PH98IMG.zip flashes of anything
  • Allows normal S-OFF activites, except not via fastboot unless you htcdev.com unlock again

Engineering:
  • You can do whatever the hell you want
  • Allows fastboot and PH98IMG.zip to flash anything
  • Looks badass having ENG S-OFF in the tag
  • Extra Engineering Commands


ICS Firmware Info:

Stock:
  • Refuses fastboot flashes
  • Allows PH98IMG.zip flashes of anything
  • Allows normal S-OFF activites, except not via fastboot unless you htcdev.com unlock again

JuopunutBear Modified:
  • Says JuopunutBear in Purple
  • Allows fastboot and PH98IMG.zips like an ENG hboot
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to con247 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 106
 
484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247

This is what I have gathered so far.

GB Firmware Info:

Stock:

  • Refuses fastboot flashes
  • Allows PH98IMG.zip flashes of anything
  • Allows normal S-OFF activites, except not via fastboot unless you htcdev.com unlock again

Engineering:
  • You can do whatever the hell you want
  • Allows fastboot and PH98IMG.zip to flash anything
  • Looks badass having ENG S-OFF in the tag
  • Extra Engineering Commands


ICS Firmware Info:

Stock:
  • Refuses fastboot flashes
  • Allows PH98IMG.zip flashes of anything
  • Allows normal S-OFF activites, except not via fastboot unless you htcdev.com unlock again

JuopunutBear Modified:
  • Says JuopunutBear in Purple
  • Allows fastboot and PH98IMG.zips like an ENG hboot

Thank you very much.

This is extremely helpful
23rd April 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #6  
luis86dr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,591
 
2,220 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhnohome

I haven't flashed any jb_hboot.zip after getting S-OFF. Should I be flashing the zip file posted in you Thread ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613309

Thanks

If your on ICS Leak, yes.

Sent from my Htc Rezound
Follow me on twitter @lmrtech
23rd April 2012, 08:03 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag North ID
Thanks Meter: 84
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
con im on juopunutbear and i can't flash in fastboot ... do you also have to be unlocked?

sorry if it seems obvious this s off thing made this a lot different (confusing)

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

... now it work's ive been messing around and im not sure what fixed it but i can fastboot flash and stuff now ....
**** has been wonky
Last edited by RoryHe; 23rd April 2012 at 07:36 AM.
23rd April 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag LaGrange, GA
Thanks Meter: 33
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Has anybody tried the JB hboot on Gingerbread? If so does it work and were there any problems?
23rd April 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 106
 
484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryHe

con im on juopunutbear and i can't flash in fastboot ... do you also have to be unlocked?

sorry if it seems obvious this s off thing made this a lot different (confusing)

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

... now it work's ive been messing around and im not sure what fixed it but i can fastboot flash and stuff now ....
**** has been wonky

How did you mess with it to get it flash Juopunutbear HBOOT ? Put it in freezer for hours jk.

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes