TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ROM Manager

OP KEB64

23rd April 2012, 05:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 78

704 posts
More
ROM Manager has an option to "Backup Current ROM" and "Manage and Restore Backups". Can all that be used on stock (odexed), rooted ROM?

The End.
23rd April 2012, 05:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 44

363 posts
More
I noticed this feature as well. I personally never tried but i am not sure how it would work. It might create a file in the the clockwork mod folder. But i doubt it works. You could always try it out. the worst it could do it bootloop your phone and you can just fxz? haha.
23rd April 2012, 05:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ

704 posts
More
I don't have a method yet for flashing a fxz file. I'm on linux. Ive never been forced to learn how to do it. You try. ;)

The End.
23rd April 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bay Area, CA

363 posts
More
Haha. That is a great challenge. My phone is charging right now. We need to find another "victim" to do it. I don't think ROM toolbox is very reliable though. Or at least not as reliable as CWM
23rd April 2012, 06:12 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 28

202 posts
I use this app to backup and restore apps.
Don't know for sure to backup and restore rom.
Need someone who has warranty to try this though LOL

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 06:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ

704 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindacrazyazn

Haha. That is a great challenge. My phone is charging right now. We need to find another "victim" to do it. I don't think ROM toolbox is very reliable though. Or at least not as reliable as CWM

We're talking about ROM Manager by Koushik Dutta. Not "ROM Toolbox". Right?

The End.
23rd April 2012, 06:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 109

242 posts
More
As far as backing up and restoring a stock rom, I fairly certain that it will. However, it depends on a CWM mod recovery and at the moment all we have is a frankinmod recovery and Rom Manager doesn't even acknowledge it.
So, if we had CWM in better shape, or a way for Rom Manager to see it, then everything else would fall into place.

On a random note, Rom Manager will boot into recovery with our frankinmod, but that's about it.
23rd April 2012, 06:48 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ

704 posts
More
@41rw4lk
These are exactly the concerns i have.

The End.
23rd April 2012, 07:23 AM   |  #9  
Flag Bay Area, CA

363 posts
More
I was referring to ROM Toolbox but i personally never trusted ROM Toolbox or ROM manager. But that is just me personally.
23rd April 2012, 07:26 AM   |  #10  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 399

655 posts
More
ROM Manager makes things a whole lot easier for flashing ROMs and backing up/restoring. It's developed by koushikdutta, the same person that develops CWM, so everything should be seamlessly integrated. But as 41rw4lk stated, ROM Manager only partially detects our modified, bootstrapped recovery (it can boot into it but no automation). However, you can get it to work on the A2 . Apply the A2 bootstrap, then flash the Bionic recovery from ROM Manager, then re-apply the A2 bootstrap.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindacrazyazn

I was referring to ROM Toolbox but i personally never trusted ROM Toolbox or ROM manager. But that is just me personally.

Using ROM Toolbox for flashing/restoring/backing up/etc only works if you have the premium ROM Manager. It uses methods from the premium ROM Manager to do just what ROM Manager does. So ROM Toolbox works although there isn't really a reason to use it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread