Search This thread

IparryU

May 29, 2011
Tokyo
UPDATE:
NEW THREAD HERE:

SC-02B][CM-10.1_PATCH]Howto install I9000 CM-10.1 ROM to GS1 NTT Japan
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094861

I will host all the files until the become irrelevant.
@didhiy, please PM me when you get stuff sorted so I can delete everything off my Google Drive.

[Original Post]
First of all... it took me months of searching, trial and error, stopping, restarting, and getting to a solid solution to root my phone, get the latest firmware, and also have CWM.

So credit to everyone who helped in the below threads:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23307082#post23307082
http://galaxy.anddo.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=4505138adb8184c62f53453e901fbd5c

What you need:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B_UvqlM1EJ_yeFVIN1JUQXNRZEU/edit

1. Odin 1.87
How to use Odin: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1160580

2. Flash SC02BOMKE3
(auto reboot, f. reset time CHECKED)
PDA: SC02BOMKE3_Daddy.tar.md5

3. After reboot, Wipe data/factory reset, clear your cache, then reboot.

4. Download the Superuser app from Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=superuser&c=apps)

5. Run Superuser on the phone to test if rooted or not (the above kernel is already rooted, so it should work). Update the su in the options page and it should update and be ok.

6. Go to Settings/About phone/Software update/Check for update and it update the firmware without flashing the whole system so you get to keep your 2.3.x update and root. I had to update twice... first time i did manually and the second popped up after the reboot...

7. Download and extract "KL4_ext4.zip"

8. Flash "zImage.tar" with Odin 1.87 to get CWM on your phone
PDA: zImage.tar

9. Flash "kyapaT10mod3.tar"
PDA: kyapaT10mod3.tar

For additional modifications to the kernel... I do not know what the changes are as the source is in Japanese and I don't feel like having my wife read the kanji for me... but apply if you want.

COMPLETE

IF ALL ELSE FAILS: (missing dbdata... sim card not detected...)
A. Flash SC02BOMJJ1
(re-partition, auto reboot, f. reset time CHECKED)
Pit: sc02b_odin_2011112.pit
*PDA: SC02BOMKE3_Daddy.tar.md5
Phone: MODEM_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5
CSC: CODE_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5

* Yes i know that the firmware code it does not match... but it worked for me and I use this phone for work…

B. Wipe data/factory reset and clear your cache, then continue from step 2

Last edited:

wesker5131

Mar 25, 2011
So I flashed doing what was in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1379650
Using thsese files (thanks robo-d):
JVU + CFROOTJVU (better than JVP):https://hotfile.com/dl/151999730/10c...FROOT.rar.html

but my sim card was not detected. tryied to flash my modem file, that failed. but then I just reflashed everything to get CWM and restored my to working condition with my Nandroid backup.

will do some more testing now... I should read more about how the modem, csc, code, etc stuff works so I dont do any pointless flashing.

But to make it clear, I did get CM9 on my phone, no problem.

Status 7 error was also solved when I flashed the JVU kernal. So the status 7 error should be there for anyone who flashes SC02BOMKE3.

My next step:
get stock firmware
CF-root it, boot into CWRecovery
check if Status 7 error exists when flashing CM9
IF NO Status 7, flash CM9 and check Simcard
IF Status 7, back to square 1.

keep it up. IPARRYU. FULLY SUPPORT YOUR WORK.

Sent from my SC-02B using xda premium

wesker5131

Mar 25, 2011
iparryu, can you try after root and try to use asansm dongle to unlock phone? i read some article on the net said that asansa dongle can unlock the sc02b by one click. but i see the supported list, the sc02b was not listed there.

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
finally a thread for this Android Phone (SC02B), now ive already tried all your instructions and its working for me..i wants to try another ROM or any compatible for this phone..can you recommend something for me?.how about Dark Knight ROM?.or CM9?.is CM9 can now be flash in this phone?.

Thanks

IparryU

May 29, 2011
Tokyo
iparryu, can you try after root and try to use asansm dongle to unlock phone? i read some article on the net said that asansa dongle can unlock the sc02b by one click. but i see the supported list, the sc02b was not listed there.

Jist go to a docomo shop... the mmi code is invalid on my phone so the thread regardoing the mmi methos dont work for me.

Post a link of what you are talking about.

finally a thread for this Android Phone (SC02B), now ive already tried all your instructions and its working for me..i wants to try another ROM or any compatible for this phone..can you recommend something for me?.how about Dark Knight ROM?.or CM9?.is CM9 can now be flash in this phone?.

Thanks
CM9 will flash... but the sim card wont detect. But i only tried on the usa firmware... i cant find a SC02B firmware that i can flash CWM and NOT get a status 7 error when i truy to flash CM9.

I will try DK rom next as i lucked out with CM9 for the past few days.

If the process is not the same as CM9 then it may work...

Then again, after a few hours of trian and error, i noticed that when i flash the rom baseband or kernal is changed... so this would screw up any previous firmware that i am on...

Pleas note that i not a dev... i dont make any of these files... i just flash them...

I must look like a total jackass to one of these super nerds here... but hey, let the Guinea pig do his job.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

wesker5131

Mar 25, 2011
you mean after root the sim still can detect? is it after flash cm9 the sim only become not detected?

IparryU

May 29, 2011
Tokyo
you mean after root the sim still can detect? is it after flash cm9 the sim only become not detected?

no, i flashed US stuffs, and was able to flash CM9 from CW recovery.

So after reading some stuffs... the Status 7 error is proably from me trying to flash CM9 with firmware (or whatever it is called) that does not match...

same think happened with Dark Knight 5.

So I am at a conclusion that all we can do is hope someone develops a ROM for SC02B or there is something else we can do to get around this...

so for now, we are stuck with kyapas T10 mod3 (not that it is really bad... but no other ROMS)

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
no, i flashed US stuffs, and was able to flash CM9 from CW recovery.

So after reading some stuffs... the Status 7 error is proably from me trying to flash CM9 with firmware (or whatever it is called) that does not match...

same think happened with Dark Knight 5.

So I am at a conclusion that all we can do is hope someone develops a ROM for SC02B or there is something else we can do to get around this...

so for now, we are stuck with kyapas T10 mod3 (not that it is really bad... but no other ROMS)

Ive also tried the recovery-clockwork 2.5.1.2 which is for the GALAXY S GTI9000 i think but when i try to reboot it works for the first time the Ntt Docomo has been replaced by the GTI9000 logo..so i went to the recovery mode to try to flashed the CM9 Nightly ROM but it doesnt work so ive try to reboot it..oh im stucked with the Ntt DOcomo and the GTI9000 logo..lol..so ive tried to reflashed again..i think are phone is not COMPATIBLE to any ROMS..anyways i want to ask about the kyapat10 mod kernel its good for me cause it has OC mod already..but when i try to lock my phone some fading/blurring colors appear so any solution for this?.thanks a lot for the help..keep it up..

IparryU

May 29, 2011
Tokyo
Ive also tried the recovery-clockwork 2.5.1.2 which is for the GALAXY S GTI9000 i think but when i try to reboot it works for the first time the Ntt Docomo has been replaced by the GTI9000 logo..so i went to the recovery mode to try to flashed the CM9 Nightly ROM but it doesnt work so ive try to reboot it..oh im stucked with the Ntt DOcomo and the GTI9000 logo..lol..so ive tried to reflashed again..i think are phone is not COMPATIBLE to any ROMS..anyways i want to ask about the kyapat10 mod kernel its good for me cause it has OC mod already..but when i try to lock my phone some fading/blurring colors appear so any solution for this?.thanks a lot for the help..keep it up..

I would get the NTT docomo boot screen followed by the GTI9000 screen, so we are on teh same page. the CM9 Nightly build works perfectly fine despite the sim card not being detected.

If I knew how to make a CF-root kernal for the SC-02b I would do it... but dont know who to get at to get the stuff needed...

ya i got that weird screen too.. also if you turn your brightness down using zdtools it will give the same effect until you increase the brightness.

that is not a major malfunction, so don't worry about it.

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
I would get the NTT docomo boot screen followed by the GTI9000 screen, so we are on teh same page. the CM9 Nightly build works perfectly fine despite the sim card not being detected.

If I knew how to make a CF-root kernal for the SC-02b I would do it... but dont know who to get at to get the stuff needed...

ya i got that weird screen too.. also if you turn your brightness down using zdtools it will give the same effect until you increase the brightness.

that is not a major malfunction, so don't worry about it.

Yah i think its not a major problem, but is there any solution you can find about that screen problem?

how come you flashed the CM9, ive tried to flashed it with the SGS GTI9000 method, but ive got some error so i didnt succeeded

About the sim detection?.did u try to unlock it again?.like the number combination method?.or maybe the modem is the problem?.what do you think?.

can you teach me how to flash the CM9?.step by step pls?.tnx a lot..

thanks for the info you gave us..i thought that im the only person who wants to try other ROMs..thanks..godbless..morepower..have a good day

IparryU

May 29, 2011
Tokyo
Yah i think its not a major problem, but is there any solution you can find about that screen problem?

how come you flashed the CM9, ive tried to flashed it with the SGS GTI9000 method, but ive got some error so i didnt succeeded

About the sim detection?.did u try to unlock it again?.like the number combination method?.or maybe the modem is the problem?.what do you think?.

can you teach me how to flash the CM9?.step by step pls?.tnx a lot..

thanks for the info you gave us..i thought that im the only person who wants to try other ROMs..thanks..godbless..morepower..have a good day
used these instructions (also snip quoted below) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1379650

BUT with these files:
I translated into Spanish and updated this tutorial. I also uploaded the files that were dropped.
JVU + CFROOTJVU (better than JVP):https://hotfile.com/dl/151999730/10c2529/I9000XXJVU__CFROOT.rar.html
From this: http://miandroideazul.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/tutorial-como-instalar-cwm-recovery-y.html

+ ROM (I used update-cm-9-20120416-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd-signed.zip)
Requirements:
Flashing Root and CWR via Odin:
  • Boot into Download mode (3 buttons salute)
  • run Odin
    choose only these 3 parts
    PIT = 512
    PDA = CODE_I9000XXJVP_CL264642_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    CSC = GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVP.tar.md5
  • flash it (Start)
    note: you do not need to change your KG3 modem for Canada
    odinjvponlyflashpitpdac.png
  • wait for it to finish rebooting, and skip all those steps in the 1st time phone wizard
  • reboot back into download mode again
  • close your previous session of Odin
  • run a new session of Odin
  • select PDA
  • select CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVP-v3.7-CWM3RFS.tar
  • flash it (Start)
  • it will reboot again
  • Congratulation! if all went well you should see these in your App drawer screen
  • to make sure it actually works, go into CWManager, and select ClockworkMod
  • select reboot into recovery
  • if all goeswell you should be inside the orange ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5

Flashing ICS AOSP ROM

if you followed all the above to this point, might as well have fun and load ICS, but first...
  • in CWR make a Nandroid backup of your stock JVP with KG3 modem
  • in CWR select backup and restore
  • select backup in the sub menu, i'll take about a minute or two to complete
  • it will automatically go back to the main menu in CWR when it's done with the backup
  • select mounts and storage
  • select mount USB storage in the sub menu
  • now copy & paste the ICS ROM to your phone, and optionally the Google Apps, face unlock, etc
  • select unmount
  • select +++++Go Back+++++
  • select wipe data/factory reset
  • select wipe cache partition
  • select install zip from sdcard
  • select choose zip from sdcard
    in my case i installed these:
    - ICS_4.0.1_r1-Beta2-i9000.zip (AOSP) or teamhacksung_galaxysmtd-ota-eng.BUILD7.zip ("CM9")
    - gappsv5.1.zip
  • optionally you can also install
    - face-unlockv5-final.zip
    - FuguModICS_GT-I9000_update-Beta2.zip
    - bd-ics-bootanimation-flashable.zip
  • after the flash it will reboot on its own, let it do its ICS magic

Enjoy! :D

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
used these instructions (also snip quoted below) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1379650

BUT with these files:

+ ROM (I used update-cm-9-20120416-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd-signed.zip)

when i flashed my CM9 i didn't used odin..i flashed it using the CWM..that's why i think it didn't worked for me..so this is the CM9 that cannot detect sim card??.i think the problem would be the modem..did u try the old modem of our phone??.the MODEM_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5..or it would have a conflict??.thanks i will give it a try..c:

IparryU

May 29, 2011
Tokyo
when i flashed my CM9 i didn't used odin..i flashed it using the CWM..that's why i think it didn't worked for me..so this is the CM9 that cannot detect sim card??.i think the problem would be the modem..did u try the old modem of our phone??.the MODEM_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5..or it would have a conflict??.thanks i will give it a try..c:

i used CWM too...

i did try the CF-root JVU files and the JJ1 modem but it failed.

I tried flashing my phone 5 times today... gonna stop at that and think about what I did.

need to start writing what I do down so I can back track so someone that knows what to do can look and give me some pointers...

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
i used CWM too...

i did try the CF-root JVU files and the JJ1 modem but it failed.

I tried flashing my phone 5 times today... gonna stop at that and think about what I did.

need to start writing what I do down so I can back track so someone that knows what to do can look and give me some pointers...

oh gosh..im not an android expert or linux whatever..i dont know what to do next..laughs..i think we should consult mr kyapa..i cant figure it out..nose bleed my friend..sorry..:C

IparryU

May 29, 2011
Tokyo
oh gosh..im not an android expert or linux whatever..i dont know what to do next..laughs..i think we should consult mr kyapa..i cant figure it out..nose bleed my friend..sorry..:C

mind you kyapa does it all from adb shell... so that might bring a bit more complication...

but if that is the way to go.. .it looks like another few weeks of my life will be hitting up these forums for more answers.

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
mind you kyapa does it all from adb shell... so that might bring a bit more complication...

but if that is the way to go.. .it looks like another few weeks of my life will be hitting up these forums for more answers.

gudluck my friend i hope u can figure it..i will also try another ROMs but i think Cyanogenmod are not compatible for this phone according to CyanogenWiki..did you read about the recovery 3e?.i think that sounds useful..but i didnt tried it yet..gudluck to us..c:

IparryU

May 29, 2011
Tokyo
Well the rom is based off some firmware as all ot does is over right some files.

It did mention in the guide above that they keep a specific modem... that and in rom manager there ate several roms to download and flash.

But from my understanding, the japanes model has a one off modem just for the phone and using othe country modles wont work.

as mentioned in the guide above, Canada does not need a different modem file as it will still work.

That all makes sense... so the next step is to find a way to:
A) flash the modem file before flashing CM9
B) flash the modem file after CM9
C) integrate the modem file in CM9 so when

I tried A and B but it failed (i flashed with odin)

C would require knowledge of what a ROM actualy does when you flash it... but going back to the gude, CM9 does not overwrite the modem file when flashing it...

More or less, this would have to be a compatibility issue with the PDA, CSC, PHONE, and .pit file

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
hey guys i was browsing about our phone today

i just notice a value pack for our phone it's the OCL4

anyone who tried this one?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:
    NEW THREAD HERE:

SC-02B][CM-10.1_PATCH]Howto install I9000 CM-10.1 ROM to GS1 NTT Japan
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094861

I will host all the files until the become irrelevant.
    @didhiy, please PM me when you get stuff sorted so I can delete everything off my Google Drive.

[Original Post]
    First of all... it took me months of searching, trial and error, stopping, restarting, and getting to a solid solution to root my phone, get the latest firmware, and also have CWM.

So credit to everyone who helped in the below threads:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23307082#post23307082
    http://galaxy.anddo.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=4505138adb8184c62f53453e901fbd5c

What you need:
    https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B_UvqlM1EJ_yeFVIN1JUQXNRZEU/edit

1. Odin 1.87
    How to use Odin: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1160580

2. Flash SC02BOMKE3
    PDA: SC02BOMKE3_Daddy.tar.md5

3. After reboot, Wipe data/factory reset, clear your cache, then reboot.

4. Download the Superuser app from Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=superuser&c=apps)

5. Run Superuser on the phone to test if rooted or not (the above kernel is already rooted, so it should work). Update the su in the options page and it should update and be ok.

6. Go to Settings/About phone/Software update/Check for update and it update the firmware without flashing the whole system so you get to keep your 2.3.x update and root. I had to update twice... first time i did manually and the second popped up after the reboot...

7. Download and extract "KL4_ext4.zip"

8. Flash "zImage.tar" with Odin 1.87 to get CWM on your phone
    PDA: zImage.tar

9. Flash "kyapaT10mod3.tar"
    PDA: kyapaT10mod3.tar

For additional modifications to the kernel... I do not know what the changes are as the source is in Japanese and I don't feel like having my wife read the kanji for me... but apply if you want.

COMPLETE

IF ALL ELSE FAILS: (missing dbdata... sim card not detected...)
    A. Flash SC02BOMJJ1
    (re-partition, auto reboot, f. reset time CHECKED)
    Pit: sc02b_odin_2011112.pit
    *PDA: SC02BOMKE3_Daddy.tar.md5
    Phone: MODEM_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5
    CSC: CODE_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5

* Yes i know that the firmware code it does not match... but it worked for me and I use this phone for work…

B. Wipe data/factory reset and clear your cache, then continue from step 2
    sc-02b kernel for galaxysmtd cm-10.1 nightly, build 1231
    - memory 383 MB
    - update cwm
    - row scheduler
    - gps & battery variable commits from hiikezoe
    - etc...
    gps fix:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/820341/sc02b-ril-gps-blobs.zip
    kernel:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/820341/sc02b-jb42-1231.zip

note:
    - it's not recommended to install this kernel & blobs if your gps is works fine, just use previous kernel.
    - didn't necessary to install modem when update rom or kernel
    - no way to fix battery performance as good as gb stock rom :D
    - to fix call function, edit /system/build.prop from SamsungExynos3RIL to RIL only, but this will make (at least for me) the network hard to connect.. needs a few reboot to make it works
    and last... don't expect everything will works as stock rom ;) did some search & read for your trouble then try it by yourself... maybe you'll find another fix for our problem

enjoy your holidays & happy new year to all :D
    will check this, I've successful build kyapa for stock LC04 but still can apply the modemctl to cm based kernel

To detect DOCOMO sim you need to do the following:

1) copy modem.bin in SC02BDCMLC4 to /radio/modem.bin after booting the kernel
    2) rild must be restarted
    I've modified init.aries.rc like this <https://gist.github.com/4168157>
    3) Network operators in Mobile network settings should be 'Choose automatically'
    here is another kernel for cm-10.1 (jb 4.2.1)
    just install from cwm if you already on cm-10.1 rom
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/820341/sc02b-jb42-1225.zip
    it won't fix anything, only added liveoc, voodoo color, bfq i/o scheduler & some cpu governors
    download nstools & voodoo sound control from google play to use that feature
    [PORT]cm10 stable with OMLC4 modem

This is the way I enable sc02b modem
    First, install cm-10.0.0-galaxysmtd.zip on your phone.
    Reboot to recovery, install this 3 files:
    - kernel
    - modem
    - blobs
    Reboot to system
    If the baseband still unknown, switch to airplane mode and reboot.

so do u hav cm10 that can detect sim?

If my post are helpful, hit "LIKE"

yes I have :) I will write a short guide how to do that whit a necessary files attached..
    actually this only modified galaxysmtd cm10, base on HiroyukiIkezoe work. You can call it a "port" of rom.

The better way is, use HiroyukiIkezoe device and kernel tree to build the full rom from source.