Originally Posted by hephappy
My final decision: I won't support Jelly Bean...
- No space: P500 has 190MB for system partition. We have to delete dictionaries+wallpapers if we want to install rom+gapps. Removing dictionaries can't be acceptable.
- Cache problem: There is not enough /cache. Dalvik-cache fills all cache... So, you can't use browser, you have to free cache everytime.
- Hardware problem. QCOM abandoned armv6. No hardware support for msm7x27. Display drivers (hwcomposer, liboverlay) supports > armv7. Audio drivers rewritten by me, but we have video problem. Video H/W support abandoned fully in JB. Maybe, video recording can't be run anymore.
- Our hardware doesn't support triple buffering, so no Project Butter for you. VSYNC on slows down the navigation.
- No Google Now for you, there isn't enough space...
If we can't use jb features, there is no sense to develop it. IMO, ICS is the final android for P500... ICS and JB almost have the same user interface.
Well, a big THANKS to you, adfad666, lupohirp and other devs for really maximizing the potential of our phones.
I guess we need someone like andy572 (real big shame that he abandoned phoenix rom) to really maximize gingerbread(without depending on cm7)
On the other hand, i saw this commit in a galaxy ace kernel https://github.com/dragonnn/firekern...21caa5f#diff-8
Is it the "triple buffering" that JB wants or not (frankly I don't think it is)?