Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Switching from one ROM to another

Tip us?

penance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobah204 View Post
If the radio you're using is working and you're flashing from gb to gb, you shouldn't have to worry about the radio. You'll still have the same one. Radios flash separately from roms. I don't think you'll NEED to flash a new radio unless you change to an ICS rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Well, I don't really know whether or not the radio is working. I suppose in my case it is working since I am able to recieve and make calls, text, and go on the web. However, I am unable to see the att logo, wifi/cell signal on the top of my phone. I don't know if this problem has anything to do with the radio though. Sorry for my lack of understanding..
I'm assuming the problem is more my fault in terms of not flashing correctly. I have no idea whether or not I need a separate radio for this ROM.

silver03wrx
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2688

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like a systemui /frame work problem

Wipe data/cache/dalvik

Reflash

Fully boot

Shutdown

Flash update

Wipe dalvik

Reboot.

boobah204
Old
Thanks Meter 375
The signals at the top wouldn't be affected by he radio. You would most likely get them back if you reflashed your from or flashed another. As long as it's a 2.3.5 or 2.3.6. And also follow the instructions (usually pretty standard, wipe data factory reset a few times, wipe cache partition, advanced, wipe dalvik cache a few times, go back, mounts and storage, format system a few times. Then install zip from SD card) oh and always backup first and make sure you can restore the backup. But yeah if you can make calls and use internet, your radio should be OK.

The Following User Says Thank You to boobah204 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

penance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver03wrx View Post
Sounds like a systemui /frame work problem

Wipe data/cache/dalvik

Reflash

Fully boot

Shutdown

Flash update

Wipe dalvik

Reboot.
Thanks! That's what I figured the problem to be JK.
I'll give it go and hope for the best this time around.

penance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobah204 View Post
The signals at the top wouldn't be affected by he radio. You would most likely get them back if you reflashed your from or flashed another. As long as it's a 2.3.5 or 2.3.6. And also follow the instructions (usually pretty standard, wipe data factory reset a few times, wipe cache partition, advanced, wipe dalvik cache a few times, go back, mounts and storage, format system a few times. Then install zip from SD card) oh and always backup first and make sure you can restore the backup. But yeah if you can make calls and use internet, your radio should be OK.

Alright thanks alot for your guide and clarification. Still learning day by day

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by penance View Post
Alright thanks alot for your guide and clarification. Still learning day by day
Just do this and skip the radio step

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
You need to flash the base and boot it before flashing an update, like you said.

Before flashing any rom this is a general procedure

wipe data/factory reset 3x
Wipe cache 3x
wipe dalvik cache 3x
format system 3x
flash radio if need be
flash rom
reboot
dont touch phone for at least 10 mins
set up basics

if it has an update

reboot to cwm
wipe cache 3x
wipe dalvik cache 3x
flash update
reboot

btm fdr
Old
Thanks Meter 833
Not sure the deal with your cell/wifi signals not showing in your status bar, but, the carrier logo could have been removed in the ROM itself.
PHN LG G2
ROM Mahdi
KRN Stock
RCV dr87 TWRP

chompy630
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I would try out the nexusmod zero ics I'm running it now and I like it a lot more than nexus 4. Also when I went from the from you are on now I had to do a super wipe before I could get the ics rom to work without bootloop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA