Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DX2 Users looking to upgrade

Tip us?

BreatheALittle
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontfinishlast View Post
Samsung Galaxy SIII. It'll be well worth the wait. As long as you can wait till July/August...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend View Post
Wait. 3 months is like a year in our world. I'd go with the Nexus ifi were you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
^ Agree with these guys. If you upgrade now, I would go with either the HTC Rezound or Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I just traded my iPhone (wasn't using it) for a Nexus, then gave the Nexus to my friend. I must admit... it is gorgeous. But if you decide to wait, I think the Galaxy SIII or the HTC One X would be aaaaahhhhmazing.

Elite49
Old
Thanks Meter 56
S3 looks like it may not be all that hot. Some say its a little upgrade, who knows. I can upgrade whenever thanks to my BBB complaint. Ill wait to see how that phone comes out then ill upgrade to Rezound or that. Nexus looks great but battery is terrible even the extended is crap. I'll take a 13nm phone with a 2750 battery over one that doesnt do much.
XDA the land of try hards, trolls and the occasional Android Gurus!
I "thank" for anything. Including tacos.
Current Phone: BLACK GS5 w/SlymHyde 11-2
WHITE GSIII w/BoneStock JB Fauxafied v26
NEXUS 7 CLEANROM 4.4.2

LordRalh3
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Verizon was dumb for not grabbing the note... Journal is a horrible name but I would have loved to switch for one, played with one for about half an hour... Its amazing even on stock and this screen is now way way to small, the note comes close to being the right size for my hand its barely to small bit if it comes to verizon its gonna be to late, A 5.6in screen with a trident style case is now my hope for the future. Im wanting a quad core with 2gb ram a massive battery and a big screen i dont care if it's heavy and fat... I want power to go

from my X2 roaming the north

Macguyver
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRalh3 View Post
Verizon was dumb for not grabbing the note... Journal is a horrible name but I would have loved to switch for one, played with one for about half an hour... Its amazing even on stock and this screen is now way way to small, the note comes close to being the right size for my hand its barely to small bit if it comes to verizon its gonna be to late, A 5.6in screen with a trident style case is now my hope for the future. Im wanting a quad core with 2gb ram a massive battery and a big screen i dont care if it's heavy and fat... I want power to go

from my X2 roaming the north
I would have to take a real hard look at the note if we got it. If not I may leave Verizon to get one.

I got a Dinc2 as a replacement for the X2 3 weeks ago. I will not go back to a locked phone again, I love this thing and I love HTC's build quality. If I stick with Verizon I'll be looking at a rezound this fall, should be cheap to upgrade to by then.

From my Inc2 running Inc2 HD

LaserChicken
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Not sure what i'll get but I'm hoping there will be more architecture similar to the 3 in 1 Asus Padphone.

Elite49
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Yea I'm waiting for May 3rd to see GS3 and then go from their. To me its ALL about the battery, here's to something that's over 2200 or whatever they think it is. A non removable phone that has THST LOW of a battery is laughable for those specs. I don't think many would deny that.
NEXUS 7 CLEANROM 4.4.2

litetaker
Old
Thanks Meter 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49 View Post
S3 looks like it may not be all that hot. Some say its a little upgrade, who knows. I can upgrade whenever thanks to my BBB complaint. Ill wait to see how that phone comes out then ill upgrade to Rezound or that. Nexus looks great but battery is terrible even the extended is crap. I'll take a 13nm phone with a 2750 battery over one that doesnt do much.
What happened with your BBB complaint that allows you to upgrade whenever you want? And a 13nm phone!!! @.@ (I know u meant 13mm! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49 View Post
Yea I'm waiting for May 3rd to see GS3 and then go from their. To me its ALL about the battery, here's to something that's over 2200 or whatever they think it is. A non removable phone that has THST LOW of a battery is laughable for those specs. I don't think many would deny that.
What is the likelihood of we getting a S3 this summer? I was (and still am a little) skeptical of the Big Red getting the SIII... But the rumor mill is cranking out stories like the SIII is slated for release on Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T... So may be I don't hafta kill a kitty this summer... Verizon, you may have just saved the lives of 1.1 Kitties... And you may have not effed me in the ass! Seriously, Big R's mobile lineup is an orgy of fugly looking Motorola phones and oh no-good-excuse-of-a-smartphones from Sammy (except the Gnex) and I believe just 1 good'ne from HTC... So basically 2 phones worth buying... Appalling stuff, Red.. Same story with AT&T... We are being bombarded by mediocre phones, man!
=== <<< @ >>> ===

Droid X2: Ditched!, Droid Inc2: SOLD, Droid Incredible 4G LTE: CM11.2 KitKat 4.4.2, TFP: Unlocked and on Stock JB 4.1.1 -> heaven, NOT SOLD!, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Stock 4.4.2, iPod Touch 4g: Stock iOS 6 (iOS 6 bad, my $0.02)

Elite49
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Lol yea I accidentally misstyped that on this crappy phone. My BBB complaint, is over and they're letting me upgrade anytime so deff. waiting to at least May 3rd. Also theirs a rumor VZW will be getting it first before anyone in the U.S so we shall see. Then we have the Razr HD... ok. Yea maybe... prolly not.
NEXUS 7 CLEANROM 4.4.2

Macguyver
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
What happened with your BBB complaint that allows you to upgrade whenever you want? And a 13nm phone!!! @.@ (I know u meant 13mm! )

What is the likelihood of we getting a S3 this summer? I was (and still am a little) skeptical of the Big Red getting the SIII... But the rumor mill is cranking out stories like the SIII is slated for release on Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T... So may be I don't hafta kill a kitty this summer... Verizon, you may have just saved the lives of 1.1 Kitties... And you may have not effed me in the ass! Seriously, Big R's mobile lineup is an orgy of fugly looking Motorola phones and oh no-good-excuse-of-a-smartphones from Sammy (except the Gnex) and I believe just 1 good'ne from HTC... So basically 2 phones worth buying... Appalling stuff, Red.. Same story with AT&T... We are being bombarded by mediocre phones, man!
Yep, it's getting to the point that I don't care how good they're damn network is if the phones are so overloaded with crap and bugs that they won't run right the network is useless.

I got a pair of Dinc2's as a replacement for mine and my wife's X2's. She wanted to run stock for awhile. She doesn't use many apps, mostly FB, words with friends, couple of games. But she's on the phone constantly. Well the one thing that should work is the damn phone, and while it does its just not laid out well. However she is constantly getting force closes, has to manually sync her email, stuff like that.

I'm done with big red when this contract is up I think. The network is great and they're customer service has been great, but every phone has been ****. I shouldn't have to hack a phone and load a custom Rom just to make it operate correctly and reliably, it should do that out of the box. Only reason I should have to hack it is because I want to play with it, customize it to my liking. NOT TO MAKE IT JUST WORK THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO.

Verizon can kiss my ass.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2