Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AR recovery and s-off ( FIX )

Tip us?

a.mcdear
Old
Thanks Meter 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAU420 View Post
I just tried it. Downloaded RA 3.15 then fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. The phone took it, then I reboot to bootloader and then to recovery. I tried a backup and got the following:

Ooops... something went wrong!
Please check the recovery log!
Strange. I wonder why yours doesn't work.....

ENG HBOOT 2.11 + S-OFF + Amon Ra 3.15 and all is working perfectly here.

The only thing that has never been on my phone is at any point yet HBOOT 2.21, so thats pretty much the only variable I see that could be messing **** up...
My Devices:
Nexus 7 - Android 4.4.2 [CarbonROM]
Rezound - Android 4.4.2 [CM11]
TF101 - Android 4.2.2 [EOS4] + KAT-kernel by timduru
MOTOACTV - Android 2.3.4 [ReACTV AOSP]

NAU420
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.mcdear View Post
Strange. I wonder why yours doesn't work.....

ENG HBOOT 2.11 + S-OFF + Amon Ra 3.15 and all is working perfectly here.

The only thing that has never been on my phone is at any point yet HBOOT 2.21, so thats pretty much the only variable I see that could be messing **** up...
I have not tried eng hboot yet or know if I can. Did you just flash the eng hboot over the ICS hboot 2.11?

phillybizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
doesn't wrk 4 me either
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooted.

jefffeely
Old
(Last edited by jefffeely; 24th April 2012 at 04:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 138

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I just tried it. Downloaded RA 3.15 then fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. The phone took it, then I reboot to bootloader and then to recovery. I tried a backup and got the following:

I am having the same issue. AR does not know where sd-ext is.

*edit oops meant to say I'm on Juopnunbear with ICS firmware

It seems likely that this particular hboot changed mounts up a little.

NorthlandAZ
Old
Thanks Meter 45
are you guys on v.01 or v.02? If your on v.01 I would try v.02 and see if that works for you.
HTC DNA
Samsung Galaxy SIII Play Phone!!!
HTC Incredible 4G LTE
HTC One X
HTC Rezound
HTC Incredible 2
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Incredible
HTC OZone

FlagAZ
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandAZ View Post
are you guys on v.01 or v.02? If your on v.01 I would try v.02 and see if that works for you.
you know what, I'm not sure if I'm on v.01 or v.02. How can you tell what ver you are on?

Nevilshaze
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Not sure if you have checked this or not but everytime I get this error when trying to make a backup its because my SD Card is full.

a.mcdear
Old
Thanks Meter 450
Quote:
I have not tried eng hboot yet or know if I can. Did you just flash the eng hboot over the ICS hboot 2.11?
Yup just flashed it over. I've never installed the leak, so I've never updated past the 2.11 HBOOT which was that last official GB OTA.
It definitely does not work properly with the ICS radios though - well 3G works but 4G does not - so if you've installed HBOOT 2.21 and the latest ICS firmware, I'd recommend looking for the thread in the development section for the ENG HBOOT + GB Firmware. Seems to be working extremely well for me.
My Devices:
Nexus 7 - Android 4.4.2 [CarbonROM]
Rezound - Android 4.4.2 [CM11]
TF101 - Android 4.2.2 [EOS4] + KAT-kernel by timduru
MOTOACTV - Android 2.3.4 [ReACTV AOSP]

nosympathy
Old
Thanks Meter 1132

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yup just flashed it over. I've never installed the leak, so I've never updated past the 2.11 HBOOT which was that last official GB OTA.
It definitely does not work properly with the ICS radios though - well 3G works but 4G does not - so if you've installed HBOOT 2.21 and the latest ICS firmware, I'd recommend looking for the thread in the development section for the ENG HBOOT + GB Firmware. Seems to be working extremely well for me.
I flashed that combo too, and it seems to be the only stable verison. I did get the SD mounting issue once, so I flashed con's port recovery and played around with it, and then reflashed amon ra and the sd mounting issue was gone.

I was on the Hboot 2.21 firmware before s-off as well, and after s-off was on it, and recovery worked fine. I don't think the ICS leak or hboot has anything to do with this.
[Phone] Samsung Galaxy Note II
[Root] Jailbroken
[Recovery] TWRP 2.4.1.0
[Rom] Beans #7
[Kernal] Saber Kernel

NAU420
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevilshaze View Post
Not sure if you have checked this or not but everytime I get this error when trying to make a backup its because my SD Card is full.
Yeah I checked with the phone and I have 28.6G of free space on the sd card.

Quote:
I just read about the eng hboot and it seems you can not be on the ICS firmware and con gives a warning about flashing over ICS. I was looking at re-flashing the v.02 hboot to my phone. I know I have to rename it to PH98, just not sure what hboot controlbear. There is two hboot files, one is a zip and the other is a .img file. Not sure if it could work or not. I have read that other have flashed over the v.02 hboot file.