24th April 2012, 05:24 AM   |  #21  
Newark, OH
Thanks Meter: 139

150 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAU420

I just read about the eng hboot and it seems you can not be on the ICS firmware and con gives a warning about flashing over ICS. I was looking at re-flashing the v.02 hboot to my phone. I know I have to rename it to PH98, just not sure what hboot controlbear. There is two hboot files, one is a zip and the other is a .img file. Not sure if it could work or not. I have read that other have flashed over the v.02 hboot file.

Rename the .zip one.

I just downloaded the current jb_hboot from the site and it still has the same problem.
24th April 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #22  
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 452

1,695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAU420

Yeah I checked with the phone and I have 28.6G of free space on the sd card.

I just read about the eng hboot and it seems you can not be on the ICS firmware and con gives a warning about flashing over ICS. I was looking at re-flashing the v.02 hboot to my phone. I know I have to rename it to PH98, just not sure what hboot controlbear. There is two hboot files, one is a zip and the other is a .img file. Not sure if it could work or not. I have read that other have flashed over the v.02 hboot file.

Yup, correct. The ENG HBOOT should be combined with GB Firmware. There is a thread in the development section that has the ENG HBOOT and GB Firmware already packaged up, and if you're running an ICS ROM then all you have to do is flash the old firmware patch, also easily found via searching in the development section.
24th April 2012, 05:35 AM   |  #23  
Newark, OH
Thanks Meter: 139

150 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1614366

This has the instructions for ENG on ICS. I'm about to try it and I'll report back in a min.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffeely

This has the instructions for ENG on ICS. I'm about to try it and I'll report back in a min.

Sigh, nope. It didn't fix it.

In the process it did occur to me that it is odd that you can flash from the ext sd card but can't back up to it.
24th April 2012, 05:52 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 26

230 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffeely

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Sigh, nope. It didn't fix it.

In the process it did occur to me that it is odd that you can flash from the ext sd card but can't back up to it.

Yeah its the same for me and it is odd that the ad card works for every thing but not in recovery.......

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
24th April 2012, 06:04 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 95

1,473 posts
I am soff with 3.13 running gingerbread. No problem running a nandroid.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
24th April 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 2,323

2,279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carm01

I have seen a lot of folks having all kind of strange issues with AR recovery after s-off. Myself included. Most notably:

1) No being able to mount the SD card getting error:
E: can't mount /dev/block/mmcblkp2 ( File exists )

2) unable to preform nandroid back up stating oops an error occurred, please check the log. well there is no log.

3) cant move the error log, gives another error.

After hours of trying to do everything under the sun, this is extremely frustrating; nothing works, but....

CWM touch. I can mount the SD card, and do nandroid back ups.

Is anyone else having issues with AR recovery?

i am having these issues exactly,and have concluded it has to be the card.

im on the ICS leak. full firmware,rooted stock. amon worked fine before s off on this same combo.

tried permanently flashing. 3.14 and 3.15. tried launching both from fastboot. no change

tried a spare 4 gb card,mounted fine,backed up fine. tried the 16gb card from my dev phone,again,worked fine- mounted and made a backup.

so i tried reformatting the sd in the PC,and the busy box cmd directions. neither worked.

my card is fine when the phone is booted- it just disapears in recovery.

for now,i guess i just leave the 16 gb card from the dev rezound in there... not sure how things got goofed up enuff the card wont work for recovery

but i do feel better my phones not effed up somehow

anyone else havin issues tried a different sd?
24th April 2012, 06:50 AM   |  #27  
Phoenix, Arizona

1,695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

i am having these issues exactly,and have concluded it has to be the card.

im on the ICS leak. full firmware,rooted stock. amon worked fine before s off on this same combo.

tried permanently flashing. 3.14 and 3.15. tried launching both from fastboot. no change

tried a spare 4 gb card,mounted fine,backed up fine. tried the 16gb card from my dev phone,again,worked fine- mounted and made a backup.

so i tried reformatting the sd in the PC,and the busy box cmd directions. neither worked.

my card is fine when the phone is booted- it just disapears in recovery.

for now,i guess i just leave the 16 gb card from the dev rezound in there... not sure how things got goofed up enuff the card wont work for recovery

but i do feel better my phones not effed up somehow

anyone else havin issues tried a different sd?

Just curiosity, but did you happen to re-format your SDCARD at all during this process? I've heard of a number of people who have plugged their phone into their computer in mass storage mode, then formatted their SDCARD in FAT32 format, then ran all the juopunutbear S-OFF stuff.

I personally did not mess with the SDCARD at all during the process. I simply grabbed a spare one that I had, didn't even bother to wipe it since the directions for the exploit specifically said it would wipe the card automatically.

Anyways, since many people apparently have been formatting the SDCARD via an external connection, I was wondering if there was a correlation between the instances of formatting their card and inability to access the card after the S-OFF process.
24th April 2012, 06:51 AM   |  #28  
Flag Brew City, WI, 414
Thanks Meter: 11

508 posts
Donate to Me
More
I hope we get 4EXT soooon...

if I already have AR, how do I go about using CWM-Touch instead?
24th April 2012, 06:53 AM   |  #29  
Phoenix, Arizona

1,695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybizzle

I hope we get 4EXT soooon...

if I already have AR, how do I go about using CWM-Touch instead?

CWM has had some weird issues with the Rezound, and anyway Amon Ra just works and has far more options than any CWM build I've ever seen. But then again, Con's TWRP2.1 recovery has really been tempting me to venture away from my newly found favoritism of Amon Ra...
24th April 2012, 11:17 AM   |  #30  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 82

560 posts
More
i think controlbear 0.2.1 fixed these problems

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread