FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

How to remove bootstrap completely to recieve a ota

482 posts
Thanks Meter: 309
 
By Janker5050, Senior Member on 24th April 2012, 12:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Alot of people i see are still getting the update failed error...i was getting it and i found out i wasnt removing bootstrap completly..so heres the process i use
1. Go into titanium backup and find razr bootsrap
2. Click wipe data then uninstall
3.Go to root explorer or es file explorer
4. Navigate to system/ bin
5.In the bin folder you will find two files..."logwrapper" and "logwrapper.bin." Delete the file that is named just "logwrapper."Then go to the logwrapper.bin file and click rename. DELETE the". bin" so your just left with "logwrapper."
6.Reboot and except the ota

This will work only if you are stock rooted......

Sent for my maxxed out razr
Last edited by Janker5050; 24th April 2012 at 12:38 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janker5050 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
24th April 2012, 02:39 PM |#2  
Janker5050's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 309
 
More
Also if you didnt use voodo to backup root.....you can use motofail to root. 181.....i did with no issues

Sent for my maxxed out razr
24th April 2012, 04:15 PM |#3  
Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janker5050

Alot of people i see are still getting the update failed error...i was getting it and i found out i wasnt removing bootstrap completly..so heres the process i use
1. Go into titanium backup and find razr bootsrap
2. Click wipe data then uninstall
3.Go to root explorer or es file explorer
4. Navigate to system/ bin
5.In the bin folder you will find two files..."logwrapper" and "logwrapper.bin." Delete the file that is named just "logwrapper."Then go to the logwrapper.bin file and click rename. DELETE the". bin" so your just left with "logwrapper."
6.Reboot and except the ota

This will work only if you are stock rooted......

Sent for my maxxed out razr

When I try to delete logwrapper ES file explorer says "logwrapper cannot be deleted". I even tried renaming it something else like logwrapper2 or logwrapperbak and it says "sorry, operation failed". Any ideas?

Im on stock rooted rom, ota 748 xt912 verizon.

Thanks
24th April 2012, 04:18 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danh18

When I try to delete logwrapper ES file explorer says "logwrapper cannot be deleted". I even tried renaming it something else like logwrapper2 or logwrapperbak and it says "sorry, operation failed". Any ideas?

Im on stock rooted rom, ota 748 xt912 verizon.

Thanks

Do you have root enabled on es? Our you could just use root explorer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium
24th April 2012, 04:21 PM |#5  
Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Yes I enabled root. Might just have to go buy root explorer, you think that's the solution?
24th April 2012, 04:25 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Did not work. Really kinda frustrating. Buddy of my has same phone same basic setup yet his went through first time. Mine......not so much

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
24th April 2012, 04:33 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyboots13

Did not work. Really kinda frustrating. Buddy of my has same phone same basic setup yet his went through first time. Mine......not so much

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

Did you remount the filesystem R/W? It's read-only (R/O) by default...
The Following User Says Thank You to Giblet535 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 04:51 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Ehm, I'm on cwm for GSM, and I've this problem: with ES file explorer, I can't find system folder! And I can't even find the logwrapper with search option!
How can I resolve?
24th April 2012, 04:53 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by draga277

Ehm, I'm on cwm for GSM, and I've this problem: with ES file explorer, I can't find system folder! And I can't even find the logwrapper with search option!
How can I resolve?

Menu->Options->

Enable "Up to Root Folder"
24th April 2012, 04:59 PM |#10  
Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
that did it! Thanks, now to try the update...
24th April 2012, 05:13 PM |#11  
Hymizzle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
I didn't remove bootstrap recovery and ota went without any problems, just had to reroot.

Phone so sharp, I sliced myself.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes