Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I was able to get an HTC One X (LTE) from AT&T last night.

Tip us?

therulebookman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default I was able to get an HTC One X (LTE) from AT&T last night.

If you have questions about the AT&T version post here and I'll try to answer.

First few observations:

Lightning fast, there is no hesitation doing any action. It's a bit surreal coming from a Captivate.

Camera is awesome.

Thin, light, but solid build, looks good and doesn't feel cheap.

You can't turn off LTE. If you go into Settings -> Mobile Network, there is no option for "Preffered Network Mode" like on the Galaxy Nexus or Rogers HTC One X. Really hoping to get this fixed via OTA or custom ROM as there is no LTE anywhere near me.

Stock browser doesn't have a dedicated "tabs" button. You have to press menu to get to your tabs. Kind of annoying, not sure if that is just an HTC thing or if this is the first phone like that. I'm just going to start using Chrome since it has a tabs button.

Sense 4.0 is nice, it's not obtrusive and actually improves on the stock ICS experience instead of replacing it altogether. I love the WebOS style recent apps list. It really looks nice.

I read some people saying they were seeing some yellow wash out on some screens, and I think mine is OK, but certain apps, particularly games do have a yellow tint to them, but stuff like the homescreen and google maps look great. Temple Run has a pretty clear yellow tint to it when compared with a Galaxy Nexus running Temple Run. Not sure what to make of this. Maybe something else that can be fixed in an OTA.

Here's the detailed software info:

Android Version:

HTC Sense Version

Software number:
1.75.502.1 710RD

HTC SDK API level:

HTC Extension version:
HTCExtension_403_1_GA_4

Kernel version:
3.0.8-01111-g188cf26
root@ABM009 #1
SMP PREEMPT Sat Apr 7 01:37:15 CST 2012

Baseband version
0.16.32.09.01_3_10.79.32.08L

Build number
1.73.502.1 CL54373 release-keys

Browser version
WebKit/534.30
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to therulebookman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Artimus009
Old
Thanks Meter 129
which store and where?
AT&T SGSIII rocking KT747

chiefbluehat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default It's cool but

Camera is awesome.

But can you jump out of a plane and take pics with it?

therulebookman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus009 View Post
which store and where?
They only had one in the box and I got it. It is a freestanding ATT store in a relatively small town outside Atlanta. The salespeople there are commission based, so he had motivation to sell it to me. First thing I even said to him was "You can't sell it to me today though, can you?" He said he could, so I had him ring it up. I just kept waiting for the bomb to drop that his system wouldn't let him or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to therulebookman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chaosjh
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by therulebookman View Post
If you have questions about the AT&T version post here and I'll try to answer.
how do i get one today?
lg incite-sucked --> htc pure-rocked -->
iphone 4-sucked --> captivate-rocked -->
atrix-rocked --> samsung note sucked -->
htc one x rocked /iconia a500 rocked -->
HTC one m7 rocked/iPad sucks -->

HTC one m8 rocks/iPad sucks/droid xyz sucks...

Artimus009
Old
Thanks Meter 129
It was probably what he was supposed to use as a display...lucky dawg! I have already called around to the stores around me and only one said that they had a few but cant sell them until the 6th. The sales guy told me to order it online and that some folks might get them early...the 4th.
AT&T SGSIII rocking KT747

therulebookman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosjh View Post
how do i get one today?
Find a commission based salesperson at a po-dunk ATT store that doesn't really pay attention to the ATT corporate materials.

clcross18x
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by therulebookman View Post
They only had one in the box and I got it. It is a freestanding ATT store in a relatively small town outside Atlanta. The salespeople there are commission based, so he had motivation to sell it to me. First thing I even said to him was "You can't sell it to me today though, can you?" He said he could, so I had him ring it up. I just kept waiting for the bomb to drop that his system wouldn't let him or something.
What town in Atlanta? I will cancel my pre-order and drive over there imminently lol.

Although they probably wouldn't sell it to me since I'm buying for full retail and they probably wouldn't really make any money off me that way.

UMGixxer
Old
Thanks Meter 13
lucky bastard lol jk
Samsung Captivate: SLIM ICS 3.5
HTC One X: Pending Rom

mrvirginia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2597

DONATE TO ME
i was using the stock browser on my GNex but have since started to love Chrome Beta. it's awesome and what i'll use from now on.
thanks for the first impressions!
Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 running VirginROM / Apollyon
MotoX XT1053 running personal dev build
Kahvitahra's mods || SGS2 GingerWay_BlueOcean Theme || GNex battery mod thread || S3 Virgin Theme