Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 40,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in Recovery Boot TWRP

Tip us?

Einherion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck in Recovery Boot TWRP

TLDR: i system restored my kindle using the KF launcher. cant get past TWRP and KFU says im still in Recovery mode 5001. (TWRP 2.0.0 KFU 0.9.5)

When i selecte 1. Bootmode menue -> 1. Normal <4000> all i get out of KFU is "The system cannot find the drive specified.

Soooo i used the KFU 0.9.5 on my kindle fire 6.3 to root and install FIREFIREFIRE and TWRP. Then i installed google play store. Then google said to update my kindle app and i was all "yeah yeah w/e w/e." Well that update maid it so that my kindle kindle build in app wouldnt read any of my books or documents. This troubled me. Since it is late at night i figured i would just system restore and reinstall the root and stuff since KFU makes it all so easy.
Now im stuck in REcovery boot 5001 and cant get further than TWRP. pretty sure EVERYTHING is wiped, which isnt an issue, i jsut want my kindle to do its thing.

So i read around on the forums and realize i have 2 options, try to install and flash Kindle software 6.3 onto it using TWRP or 2. just get the kindle out of recovery and back into normal boot 4000.

HOWEVER, when i try to use KFU to boot into normal mode i get "the system cannot find the drive specified."

any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading around on the forums but am hesitant to move forward and make the problem any worse than it already is.

so what do i do?

soupmagnet
Old
(Last edited by soupmagnet; 25th April 2012 at 04:13 PM.)
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,375
Try this:

Turn Kindle off
Uninstall/delete drivers
Reinstall drivers
Navigate to KFU's tools folder containing fastboot.exe
Shift + right-click on the tools folder
Select Run in Command prompt (or something like that)
When the prompt comes up, enter:

fastboot oem idme bootmode 4000 (if firefirefire is installed)
or
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000 (if firefirefire is not installed)

When it says "<waiting for device> turn the Kindle on
Your prompt should reflect the change but it may not (wait about 30 sec.)
Hold power button for 30 sec to shut down

The device should boot normally

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to soupmagnet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Einherion
Old
(Last edited by Einherion; 25th April 2012 at 03:25 PM.) Reason: clairty
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i was only ever able to find the drivers for the kindle to delete them when it was plugged in and operating normally as a kindle. where do i go about finding them now in Win 7 x64?
not to be a complete nub. i did a qick google search and searched "device manager" but that was result-less.

should i just install the drivers again w/o uninstalling them? will that handle it properly? after this hiccup i cant wait to try what you suggested to fix it.

soupmagnet
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,375
I don't use Windows, for this and so many other reasons. If you can only delete the drivers with the device plugged in, then do so. You may want to reboot afterwards though.

Then reinstall your drivers, turn the device off and carry on.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to soupmagnet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Einherion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
in case anyone else is looking, i didnt uninstall the drivers but instead re-ran the drivers install.bat in KFU, then did as told. im now at the Kindle Fire screen and hopefully it will boot up. IT DID.

so thanks a lot, friend. you just made my day.