[GUIDE]Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 ROOT+CWM

Search This thread

mb-14

Nov 21, 2010
Pune
Update: Updated CWM recovery.New version fixes bootloop issue

Rooting:
This technique should work on any stock firmware.
  • First flash CWM recovery.Instructions are given below
  • Boot in CWM recovery and connect phone to PC
  • Download and extract the RootMe.zip package on your PC
  • Run runme.bat on PC while phone is in recovery mode
  • Reboot the phone after process is over.

Clockworkmod Recovery:
  • Download the cwm tar package
  • Put phone into download mode and connect to the PC
  • Flash the cwm tar package as PDA and wait for phone to reboot

Recovery download link: cwm-trebon.tar.md5

Note:
[1]The yellow triangle at boot is of no importance.Deal with it :p

Recovery Mode: volume up+ volume down + home + power
Download Mode: volume down + home + power

Attachments

• Odin3.zip
    194.6 KB · Views: 61,868
  • RootMe.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 211,777
Last edited:

deadwood01

Dec 17, 2010
Bhadravathi
Hi i had rooted my phone as mentioned in this thread,i think i have a problem now don't if its related to rooting...
I had a software update notification this morning so i downloaded it but while installing i got an error like update failed...binary mismatch, after the phone booted i tried again now it says no update available...
Is it any way related to ur method of rooting....?

appaji04cn002

Apr 27, 2012
Galaxy ace plus vold.fstab file

HI guys,

I am new to this forum . i have tried swap internal and external SD cards in my galaxy ace plus s7500 . unfortunately i have taken backup to sd card . After modifying /system/etc/vold.fstab phone is unable to mount both sd cards :(

can any one please upload original vold.fstab of galaxy ace plus plsssss .

Regards,
Appaji .P

deadwood01

Dec 17, 2010
Bhadravathi
HI guys,

I am new to this forum . i have tried swap internal and external SD cards in my galaxy ace plus s7500 . unfortunately i have taken backup to sd card . After modifying /system/etc/vold.fstab phone is unable to mount both sd cards :(

can any one please upload original vold.fstab of galaxy ace plus plsssss .

Regards,
Appaji .P

Here you go....

Attachments

• vold.fstab.zip
    576 bytes · Views: 3,013
Reactions: benroyan

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
This guide is for rooting the Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500

Please follow these instructions carefully:
  1. Download and unzip Odin3.zip package.
  2. Download the ROOT.tar file.
  3. Put the phone into download mode(volume down+home+power on) and connect to the PC.
  4. Open Odin and flash the ROOT.tar file as PDA.Wait for the phone to reboot.
  5. Now root using DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit available from here

Enjoy full access to your rooted phone :D

Hey!

What does ROOT.tar includes? Can this be used on other samsung phones?

kilsmap

Feb 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i think i know...maybe qzem is trying to get it work on Galaxy S Advance...

logically, it should not work, since the ROOT.tar is built based on Galaxy Ace Plus's own boot.img... however, i am very interested to know how do you manage to modify the boot.img to allow access to DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit for rooting purposes... that might help cos i'm actually has started researching rooting methods for Samsung new phones, since i planned to buy Galaxy S Advance as well.. :D:D:D

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
i think i know...maybe qzem is trying to get it work on Galaxy S Advance...

logically, it should not work, since the ROOT.tar is built based on Galaxy Ace Plus's own boot.img... however, i am very interested to know how do you manage to modify the boot.img to allow access to DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit for rooting purposes... that might help cos i'm actually has started researching rooting methods for Samsung new phones, since i planned to buy Galaxy S Advance as well.. :D:D:D

You are right, man I am searching and trying every way to root Galaxy S I9070 Advace :D. Ben even unpacking and repacking system.img.d5, but with no success. Problem is I don't have enaugh knowlage in this, and I don't use linux, everything I did so far was in windows in Cygwin and on the phone it self when the shell was needed. Maybe we could put our heads together and figure this thing out :)! You can PM, if you have any good ideas. I was playing with a thought of installing linux vitualy, and make some enviroment for compiling this android stuff. I have some knowlage about computers since I am computer engineer, but i work as system administrator in windows based environment.

Cheers

mb-14

Nov 21, 2010
Pune
Well the steps are very easy & it should work on any android phone not just samsung phones.
First unpack the stock boot.img of your device.
Then open the default.prop file and set
ro.secure=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1
and save the file.
Now repack the boot image and tar it.
Then you can flash it via Odin
The changes give us root access to adb shell and we can push the su binary and Superuser.apk via adb.
But if you are lazy:) then run any of the available rooting tools which copy the necessary files via adb(eg Doomlord's toolkit)

kilsmap

Feb 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
whoa...quite simple...thanks bro...but i seemed to read somewhere that everytime our phone reboots, especially for Samsung phones, it will read everything back from the boot.img, so as this exploit is quite simple, will the root stick? sorry for the crudeness of the question...im quite a noob in android development as well..haha...

mb-14

Nov 21, 2010
Pune
whoa...quite simple...thanks bro...but i seemed to read somewhere that everytime our phone reboots, especially for Samsung phones, it will read everything back from the boot.img, so as this exploit is quite simple, will the root stick? sorry for the crudeness of the question...im quite a noob in android development as well..haha...

If using a root browser such as root explorer i make any changes to the files in the boot partition such as init.rc or default.prop then the changes will not persist after a reboot as the phone reads everything back from the original boot.img.

But if we change the the original boot.img(that is what we are doing here) and flash it then the changes will persist.

kilsmap

Feb 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i see...thanks for the explanation...good job with the root guide for Ace Plus...

To qzem, yeah...im quite as much noob as most of the users here in xda...but maybe we have to do this in a Linux environment, cos i read somewhere for ROM making, its quite difficult to use Windows... now for me, rooting our Galaxy S Advance is quite probable, just that learning how to use Ubuntu just for making these exploits is quite unnerving... there are quite thorough guide for unpacking and repacking those .img files, but you have to be familiar with Linux...

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
Well the steps are very easy & it should work on any android phone not just samsung phones.
ro.secure=0
ro.debuggable=1
and save the file.
The changes give us root access to adb shell and we can push the su binary and Superuser.apk via adb.
But if you are lazy:) then run any of the available rooting tools which copy the necessary files via adb(eg Doomlord's toolkit)

How to unpack and repack boot.img? Is there any useful guide here. Can I pull boot.img straight from my phone or can I extract it from firmware (.tar file) on my pc, and how? Or do I need kernel source code, to compile insecure kernel? Thanks for your help!

kilsmap

Feb 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
now i have definitely run into some confusion here...your guide in remaking the boot.img is very clear, but the problem now is that i can't figure out where is boot.img located in Galaxy S Advance firmwares...all i have are system.img, cache.img, hidden.img, kernel.bin and modem.bin... is it in the kernel.bin? if so, how do i extract it?

mb-14

Nov 21, 2010
Pune
Im not sure but i think unpacking tools are same as boot.img.There are many guides available online

kilsmap

Feb 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i see...how do u manage to get CWM working for Ace Plus? do we have to root 1st for flashing CWM, cos i remember that it is not necessary... what are the files we need to port CWM to other devices?

mj111996

Apr 30, 2012
Mumbai
Rooting Ace Plus

I am a noob in rooting stuff,i have never used p.c for rooting,despite being with android for 2 years,
My ques is-
will my phone be rooted after flashing root.tar as PDA?
or i have to use doomlord's rooting tool kit also?(i dont know to use)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: Updated CWM recovery.New version fixes bootloop issue

Rooting:
    This technique should work on any stock firmware.
    • First flash CWM recovery.Instructions are given below
    • Boot in CWM recovery and connect phone to PC
    • Download and extract the RootMe.zip package on your PC
    • Run runme.bat on PC while phone is in recovery mode
    • Reboot the phone after process is over.

Clockworkmod Recovery:
    • Download the cwm tar package
    • Put phone into download mode and connect to the PC
    • Flash the cwm tar package as PDA and wait for phone to reboot

Recovery download link: cwm-trebon.tar.md5

Note:
    [1]The yellow triangle at boot is of no importance.Deal with it :p

Recovery Mode: volume up+ volume down + home + power
    Download Mode: volume down + home + power
    ro.secure=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    and save the file.
    After Update my Galaxy ace plus by Odin with latest DDLD1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware..Recovery Mode Is Working After so many efforts...pls suggest wat to do
    pressing volume up+ volume down + home + power

thanks

Hold the volume up,volume down and home button and gently press and leave the power button once
    This guide is for rooting the Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500

Please follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Download and unzip Odin3.zip package.
    2. Download the ROOT.tar file.
    3. Put the phone into download mode(volume down+home+power on) and connect to the PC.
    4. Open Odin and flash the ROOT.tar file as PDA.Wait for the phone to reboot.
    5. Now root using DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit available from here

Enjoy full access to your rooted phone :D

Hey!

What does ROOT.tar includes? Can this be used on other samsung phones?
    heloo
    I have installed CWM recovery on my samsung S plus
    but something is strange
    An exclamation mark in yellow triangle shows up every time I boot my phone.The mark shows under the samsung logo

please help me..
    is something wrong?

Nothing s wrong , happens on all latest Samsung phones after rooting, there is a tutorial on how to remove it some where in the forum , u can try it if its annoying...