Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301 (FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

Tip us?

kobridge
Old
Thanks Meter 3458

DONATE TO ME
Based on your configuration and settings, wifi could be dropped and lost the connection.

1. battery saver app installed?
2. check wifi settings (check option - never is turned on)
3. any tweaks applied?

(if you also want some tweaks, check out - this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1625299)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
Samsung Galaxy II EPIC 4G Touch SPH-D710
Kobridge's Stock GB27/GB08/GA10/FL16 ROM + Addons
Kobridge Tweak Pack v4.34
TD's GB27/GB08 AIO Mod for E4GT Jelly Bean

barnacles10
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1336

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobridge View Post
Based on your configuration and settings, wifi could be dropped and lost the connection.

1. battery saver app installed?
2. check wifi settings (check option - never is turned on)
3. any tweaks applied?

(if you also want some tweaks, check out - this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1625299)
Ive had issues with wifi as well, from the start of these leaks. As others describe, no issues on my home network but when I connect to a network at my campus, or other large networks as others have reported, it frequently drops out.

Ive tested it on completely stock flashes on different builds as they surface and consistantly have the same issues. No apps, modifications to the system, or settings in my caae are causing this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Github
mdpi t(o.0t) [ Galaxy S4 | Google Nexus LTE | Nexus 7 ]

v1adg
Old
Thanks Meter 12
For those with Wifi issues are you sure that you have the same version? SPH-D710.FD

the only time i had wifi issues was when i flashed the wrong rom.

sfhub
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6828
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnacles10 View Post
Ive had issues with wifi as well, from the start of these leaks. As others describe, no issues on my home network but when I connect to a network at my campus, or other large networks as others have reported, it frequently drops out.

Ive tested it on completely stock flashes on different builds as they surface and consistantly have the same issues. No apps, modifications to the system, or settings in my caae are causing this.
In your testing, have you had a chance to verify whether this bug is still present in FD26 or not?

Thanks.
Disclaimer: No touchscreens were harmed nor injured during the creation of this post. GPS units were all treated ethically and humanely.
Signed: People against misbehaving Nexus 7 2013s

ScandaLeX
Old
Thanks Meter 9
2 things I've come across--I haven't had time to read thru all 100+ replies to see if these have already been covered.

#1) Constant dropped wifi. I'm used to leaving wifi on 24/7--now I've got to keep checking just before I do anything which requires a connection.

#2) I've lost the ability to screen capture via power/home combo. Must now use an app to screen capture.

barnacles10
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1336

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
2 things I've come across--I haven't had time to read thru all 100+ replies to see if these have already been covered.

#1) Constant dropped wifi. I'm used to leaving wifi on 24/7--now I've got to keep checking just before I do anything which requires a connection.

Yes, this has reported by a few people. Is this a home network your connection is dropping out on or a larger network elseware? Seems most people with the issue have it with the latter.

#2) I've lost the ability to screen capture via power/home combo. Must now use an app to screen capture.

Hold volumeDown+power for a few seconds at the same time to screen capture in ICS.
10char, responses in quote. /\
Github
The Following User Says Thank You to barnacles10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ScandaLeX
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Wifi drop out is on home network and thank you for the ICS screen capture tip.

Also, I was sitting here earlier watching QBKing's video & I realized my baseband didn't change but everything else did. I'm still on EL29....how is that possible and what do I need to do to get it to FD24?

barnacles10
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1336

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
Wifi drop out is on home network and thank you for the ICS screen capture tip.

Also, I was sitting here earlier watching QBKing's video & I realized my baseband didn't change but everything else did. I'm still on EL29....how is that possible and what do I need to do to get it to FD24?
Did you ODIN the one click-full or did you just odin the ROM package? The ROM in post 2 doesn't include a modem. You can grab the modem from the second post and just odin that.
Github

ScandaLeX
Old
(Last edited by ScandaLeX; 30th April 2012 at 04:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnacles10 View Post
Did you ODIN the one click-full or did you just odin the ROM package? The ROM in post 2 doesn't include a modem. You can grab the modem from the second post and just odin that.
2) Download the FD24 full restore One-Click self-extractor
SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1] (RESET user data)
[MD5: 803491d73e895fc57cd153b2c7d3c4dc / Size: 303,869,688]

I used mobile odin to do this. Just saw this...."Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently."

So my question--can I use CWM to get FD24 modem onto my phone?

EDIT: Nevermind....just found the answer
b5) [CWM] FD24 Modem

BiggieD
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default info please

am i good to go from my current to this release? thanks in advance