Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301 (FD24 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

OP sfhub

29th April 2012, 06:58 AM   |  #141  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 3,458

1,704 posts
Donate to Me
More
Based on your configuration and settings, wifi could be dropped and lost the connection.

1. battery saver app installed?
2. check wifi settings (check option - never is turned on)
3. any tweaks applied?

(if you also want some tweaks, check out - this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1625299)
29th April 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #142  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 1,336

4,244 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobridge

Based on your configuration and settings, wifi could be dropped and lost the connection.

1. battery saver app installed?
2. check wifi settings (check option - never is turned on)
3. any tweaks applied?

(if you also want some tweaks, check out - this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1625299)

Ive had issues with wifi as well, from the start of these leaks. As others describe, no issues on my home network but when I connect to a network at my campus, or other large networks as others have reported, it frequently drops out.

Ive tested it on completely stock flashes on different builds as they surface and consistantly have the same issues. No apps, modifications to the system, or settings in my caae are causing this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
29th April 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #143  
Thanks Meter: 12

32 posts
For those with Wifi issues are you sure that you have the same version? SPH-D710.FD

the only time i had wifi issues was when i flashed the wrong rom.
29th April 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #144  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,854

4,757 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnacles10

Ive had issues with wifi as well, from the start of these leaks. As others describe, no issues on my home network but when I connect to a network at my campus, or other large networks as others have reported, it frequently drops out.

Ive tested it on completely stock flashes on different builds as they surface and consistantly have the same issues. No apps, modifications to the system, or settings in my caae are causing this.

In your testing, have you had a chance to verify whether this bug is still present in FD26 or not?

Thanks.
29th April 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #145  
PhiLLy
Thanks Meter: 9

169 posts
2 things I've come across--I haven't had time to read thru all 100+ replies to see if these have already been covered.

#1) Constant dropped wifi. I'm used to leaving wifi on 24/7--now I've got to keep checking just before I do anything which requires a connection.

#2) I've lost the ability to screen capture via power/home combo. Must now use an app to screen capture.
29th April 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #146  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois

4,244 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX

2 things I've come across--I haven't had time to read thru all 100+ replies to see if these have already been covered.

#1) Constant dropped wifi. I'm used to leaving wifi on 24/7--now I've got to keep checking just before I do anything which requires a connection.

Yes, this has reported by a few people. Is this a home network your connection is dropping out on or a larger network elseware? Seems most people with the issue have it with the latter.

#2) I've lost the ability to screen capture via power/home combo. Must now use an app to screen capture.

Hold volumeDown+power for a few seconds at the same time to screen capture in ICS.

10char, responses in quote. /\
The Following User Says Thank You to barnacles10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #147  
PhiLLy

169 posts
Question
Wifi drop out is on home network and thank you for the ICS screen capture tip.

Also, I was sitting here earlier watching QBKing's video & I realized my baseband didn't change but everything else did. I'm still on EL29....how is that possible and what do I need to do to get it to FD24?

30th April 2012, 03:42 AM   |  #148  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois

4,244 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX

Wifi drop out is on home network and thank you for the ICS screen capture tip.

Also, I was sitting here earlier watching QBKing's video & I realized my baseband didn't change but everything else did. I'm still on EL29....how is that possible and what do I need to do to get it to FD24?

Did you ODIN the one click-full or did you just odin the ROM package? The ROM in post 2 doesn't include a modem. You can grab the modem from the second post and just odin that.
30th April 2012, 05:08 AM   |  #149  
PhiLLy

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnacles10

Did you ODIN the one click-full or did you just odin the ROM package? The ROM in post 2 doesn't include a modem. You can grab the modem from the second post and just odin that.

2) Download the FD24 full restore One-Click self-extractor
SPH-D710.FD24_CL451301_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1] (RESET user data)
[MD5: 803491d73e895fc57cd153b2c7d3c4dc / Size: 303,869,688]

I used mobile odin to do this. Just saw this...."Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently."

So my question--can I use CWM to get FD24 modem onto my phone?

EDIT: Nevermind....just found the answer
b5) [CWM] FD24 Modem
Last edited by ScandaLeX; 30th April 2012 at 05:12 AM.
6th May 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #150  
Thanks Meter: 4

63 posts
info please

am i good to go from my current to this release? thanks in advance

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread