HTC One X bricked or repairable?
I was wondering whether anyone would be nice enough to help me with my HTC One X? I am not sure whether the device is repairable or not in its current state, so I will just explain what I did, and hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on the situation.
1. I unlocked the device using HTC Dev
2. I installed ClockworkMod Recovery (this method
3. I created a backup using ClockworkMod Recovery
4. I flashed this custom ROM on the device (Cool OneX v2
5. I extracted boot.img from the Cool-ROM.zip and flashed it using fastboot
6. The device would not get past the HTC boot screen, so I decided to restore from the backup
7. Rebooted device, ROM appeared to be back to stock, battery indicator looked like it was around 70%, jumped to red icon and device turned off
8. Restarted device again whilst charger was plugged in, ROM did not appear to recognise charger, device turned off
9. Tried Cool OneX V2 ROM again and re-flashing boot.img, did not work again
10. Tried wiping battery stats in recovery
I presume that the ClockworkMod Recovery restore includes boot.img?
The device currently has no charge (permanently or not, I am not yet sure), though I can turn it on whilst it is plugged in. The red indicator is currently flashing. The device will however not stay turned on once Android has loaded. It will stay turned on whilst in fastboot and recovery.
Is it possible for me to flash another ROM on the device using fastboot or recovery? The device obviously doesn't have removable storage, and only has Cool-ROM.zip and the restore on it.
Any help would be highly appreciated. Does this sound like a hardware or a software related issue?