Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Taking Screenhots

OP Roeni

25th April 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

64 posts
More
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is some easy way to take screenshots.
Other Samsung devices have a shortcut for this: http://opensourcehacker.com/2011/02/...droid-devices/

The Glide seems not to have.
So is there any other way? E.g. by defining some app in "Settings > Applications > Quick launch" ?

Or is "Screenshot" an app, removed in OsiMood-Rom?
Last edited by Roeni; 25th April 2012 at 06:01 PM.
25th April 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ajman
Thanks Meter: 10

79 posts
More
I use the 'Home + Power key' combo to take screenshots. No special apps installed. Screenshots are saved in the 'ScreenCapture' folder.
25th April 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

64 posts
More
mhh ok... my glide seems to recognize this home+power shortcut but it throws me an error:
The application com.sec.android.app.screencapture has stopped unexpectedly

:-/
26th April 2012, 01:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Sorry for your trouble. I've soft-bricked my phone several times tooling with apps I shouldn't have and such, and I am rooted on the Craniam OC Kernel and the stock rooted ROM, but I've never had issues with screen capture working. I don't know how extensive your mods are, but is it possible some app manager is freezing some component of the system that screen capture needs? Shot in the dark but I hope you get answers.
26th April 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #5  
Flag Winnipeg, MB Canada
Thanks Meter: 127

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roeni

mhh ok... my glide seems to recognize this home+power shortcut but it throws me an error:
The application com.sec.android.app.screencapture has stopped unexpectedly

:-/

if you have OsiMood or INC3PTION, you wont be able to use the HOME + POWER for screenshots for it is considered to be a bloatware so removed....you can search the Glide forums for the screenshot.apk found in stock ROM.

Errrr....just take the attached file and put it in /system/app
Attached Files
File Type: apk ScreenCaptureService.apk - [Click for QR Code] (23.7 KB, 62 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 10:59 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sivakasi
Thanks Meter: 25

143 posts
More
^^^^^
Thanks and any precautions like say giving permissions while placing in that folder??? Thanks again...

UPDATE:-
Done and is working perfectly... Thanks... Just use the "mount RW" option when copying that attached file to /system/app folder... No need to change the permissions.... Thanks a lot again...
Last edited by kanagadeepan; 4th May 2012 at 11:06 PM.
5th May 2012, 01:39 PM   |  #7  
Flag Winnipeg, MB Canada
Thanks Meter: 127

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanagadeepan

^^^^^
Thanks and any precautions like say giving permissions while placing in that folder??? Thanks again...

UPDATE:-
Done and is working perfectly... Thanks... Just use the "mount RW" option when copying that attached file to /system/app folder... No need to change the permissions.... Thanks a lot again...

Oh yeah sorry, forgot to metion that you need system to be writable (RW). About permissions, just give it full (rwxrwxrwx), Android will change and give it the right permissions after a reboot....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda premium
7th July 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 6

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby131

if you have OsiMood or INC3PTION, you wont be able to use the HOME + POWER for screenshots for it is considered to be a bloatware so removed....you can search the Glide forums for the screenshot.apk found in stock ROM.

Errrr....just take the attached file and put it in /system/app

Hi there - I am on OsiMood and have replaced the existing file with the attached one - but it's still not working for me. I get the "...has stopped unexpectedly".

What to do?
Last edited by Lisali; 8th July 2012 at 05:59 PM.
8th July 2012, 05:54 PM   |  #9  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 100

572 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisali

Hi there - I am on OsiMood and had replaced the existing file with the attached one - but it's still not working for me. I get the "...has stopped unexpectedly".

What to do?

You can try screenshot er demo I believe out comes in the newest osimood. Or check the app store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to dudejb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 6

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudejb

You can try screenshot er demo I believe out comes in the newest osimood. Or check the app store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda app-developers app

Hi - thanks for your response, but I'd really just like the stock screenshot app; it worked just fine and is free. Why can't I use it?

Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread