Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Taking Screenhots

Tip us?

Roeni
Old
(Last edited by Roeni; 25th April 2012 at 05:01 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] Taking Screenhots

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is some easy way to take screenshots.
Other Samsung devices have a shortcut for this: http://opensourcehacker.com/2011/02/...droid-devices/

The Glide seems not to have.
So is there any other way? E.g. by defining some app in "Settings > Applications > Quick launch" ?

Or is "Screenshot" an app, removed in OsiMood-Rom?

incidentflux
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I use the 'Home + Power key' combo to take screenshots. No special apps installed. Screenshots are saved in the 'ScreenCapture' folder.

Roeni
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
mhh ok... my glide seems to recognize this home+power shortcut but it throws me an error:
The application com.sec.android.app.screencapture has stopped unexpectedly

:-/

nightbirddesigns
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for your trouble. I've soft-bricked my phone several times tooling with apps I shouldn't have and such, and I am rooted on the Craniam OC Kernel and the stock rooted ROM, but I've never had issues with screen capture working. I don't know how extensive your mods are, but is it possible some app manager is freezing some component of the system that screen capture needs? Shot in the dark but I hope you get answers.

gabby131
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roeni View Post
mhh ok... my glide seems to recognize this home+power shortcut but it throws me an error:
The application com.sec.android.app.screencapture has stopped unexpectedly

:-/
if you have OsiMood or INC3PTION, you wont be able to use the HOME + POWER for screenshots for it is considered to be a bloatware so removed....you can search the Glide forums for the screenshot.apk found in stock ROM.

Errrr....just take the attached file and put it in /system/app
Attached Files
File Type: apk ScreenCaptureService.apk - [Click for QR Code] (23.7 KB, 62 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kanagadeepan
Old
(Last edited by kanagadeepan; 4th May 2012 at 10:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
^^^^^
Thanks and any precautions like say giving permissions while placing in that folder??? Thanks again...

UPDATE:-
Done and is working perfectly... Thanks... Just use the "mount RW" option when copying that attached file to /system/app folder... No need to change the permissions.... Thanks a lot again...

gabby131
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanagadeepan View Post
^^^^^
Thanks and any precautions like say giving permissions while placing in that folder??? Thanks again...

UPDATE:-
Done and is working perfectly... Thanks... Just use the "mount RW" option when copying that attached file to /system/app folder... No need to change the permissions.... Thanks a lot again...
Oh yeah sorry, forgot to metion that you need system to be writable (RW). About permissions, just give it full (rwxrwxrwx), Android will change and give it the right permissions after a reboot....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda premium

Lisali
Old
(Last edited by Lisali; 8th July 2012 at 04:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
if you have OsiMood or INC3PTION, you wont be able to use the HOME + POWER for screenshots for it is considered to be a bloatware so removed....you can search the Glide forums for the screenshot.apk found in stock ROM.

Errrr....just take the attached file and put it in /system/app
Hi there - I am on OsiMood and have replaced the existing file with the attached one - but it's still not working for me. I get the "...has stopped unexpectedly".

What to do?

dudejb
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisali View Post
Hi there - I am on OsiMood and had replaced the existing file with the attached one - but it's still not working for me. I get the "...has stopped unexpectedly".

What to do?
You can try screenshot er demo I believe out comes in the newest osimood. Or check the app store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda app-developers app
Installed:
CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar.md5
ICS 4.0.4 LiteRom 0.9.0
LiteKernel
The Following User Says Thank You to dudejb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lisali
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudejb View Post
You can try screenshot er demo I believe out comes in the newest osimood. Or check the app store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda app-developers app
Hi - thanks for your response, but I'd really just like the stock screenshot app; it worked just fine and is free. Why can't I use it?

Thanks!