[ROM][26-6-2012] gedeROM v1.7 {Linaro - Swipe Controls}

29th April 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #261  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 104

241 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

[EDIT] Volume+ APK w/ speaker boost to 13 makes this ROM 100% complete for me! Wooo! Perfect ICS for KF

Direct APK from author (not pirated - this is the author's link from his website) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56466503/Bet...9.0.0.BETA.apk

l'm not sure that we are to be posting his links, but I figure if it is ok, we might as well post the most updated one http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56466503/Bui...9.0.1-FREE.apk
29th April 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #262  
Thanks Meter: 11

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damedus

Dunno what market you're using but I'm running all those games you mentioned just fine except the ones that requires the bar to hide unless I use a bar hide apk. I'm also able to get my kf edition games running. I just find stock to be weird and never liked it. also many things are faster in ics not to mention otg support. Games that used to stutter a bit on stock and cm7 work flawlessly on ics. once we have a default hide bar on this rom I'll never use cm7 again. Modaco and stock I lasted 1 day before hopping to cm7 , I don't see how you can't see how much faster the cm's are, not only at opening apps but many market games that DC on me on stock work on cm. not to mention webbrowsers are so much smoother on ics .btw IM able to update my kf edition apks on ics, after I dropboxed their apks they just pop up under my Amazon market.

Also I get the free daily Amazon apk on ics just fine, and I can use market purchases from Amazon apps also on ics, I've yet to find something stock runs that ics won't ,yet ics runs Skype for me with voice, zumocast plays 1080 video( it would stutter on modaco thus why I removed it) plus all that eye candy is awesome.

In the end one chooses which rom works better for yourself and without Skype and a laggy gameplay on my favorite games stock/Modaco ain't for me.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

As I mentioned the menus are faster and apps open faster in ICS by far. But there are a lot of bugs.The way you post its as if there are no bugs and its all smooth, but if you read this thread hundreds of bug reports.

If you can update your kindle fire edition apps on ICS please post how so we can all enjoy it. That would be useful instead of just writing the way you are doing so defensive.

You say you can play all the games I mentioned. How do you get dungeon hunter 2? It does not show up for me on ICS in play market. Please post how you got it to show up.

If you sideload them from titanium backup then they work I guess right? But then how do you get that to update through the amazon market? For me it only says "link to market" and it links it to the play market. So how do you make it link to amazon market?

I have a smartphone for skype and anything like that to voicechat or talk. The only thing i use my tablet for is video and games and browsing the internet once in a while. So far for me it is troublesome to do games and video compared to Modaco, maybe you can change my mind if you show us a guide on how you do all this flawlessly how you say.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Android16; 29th April 2012 at 10:59 PM.
29th April 2012, 11:10 PM   |  #263  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 60

315 posts
More
ADB won't connect to the device. Tried it under CM9 (USB debugging was enabled), and now trying it under TWRP, nothing. Already wiped the existing OS so I'm pretty annoyed, can't get anything to the device to install...

Any ideas?

EDIT: Tried on a different machine, worked fine. I'm running Windows 8 on my main computer, that was probably the issue.
Last edited by revxx14; 29th April 2012 at 11:19 PM.
30th April 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #264  
Thanks Meter: 390

1,753 posts
Cannot seem to get Asphalt 6 running. I am a legit owner... bought it during the big sale Google had. It shows as purchased and downloads and installs o.k. It downloads the extra files. But when I launch it, it says it is doing the license check (activity shows on the WiFi icon), then it kicks me out. I tried hiding my status bar, too. Any ideas? It is not a market access issue, so I assume it is not a build prop issue.

30th April 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #265  
Thanks Meter: 24

111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizey

Cannot seem to get Asphalt 6 running. I am a legit owner... bought it during the big sale Google had. It shows as purchased and downloads and installs o.k. It downloads the extra files. But when I launch it, it says it is doing the license check (activity shows on the WiFi icon), then it kicks me out. I tried hiding my status bar, too. Any ideas? It is not a market access issue, so I assume it is not a build prop issue.

Did you install the Amazon App store for Android and log into that first?

Edit: Crap. You're not using the Amazon App store version, you're on the Google version. I haven't tried that one yet. I really wish we could delete our own posts here. That's really lame.
Last edited by iesvs; 30th April 2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Can't very well delete the post, now can I?
30th April 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #266  
Thanks Meter: 390

1,753 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android16

As I mentioned the menus are faster and apps open faster in ICS by far. But there are a lot of bugs.The way you post its as if there are no bugs and its all smooth, but if you read this thread hundreds of bug reports.

If you can update your kindle fire edition apps on ICS please post how so we can all enjoy it. That would be useful instead of just writing the way you are doing so defensive.

You say you can play all the games I mentioned. How do you get dungeon hunter 2? It does not show up for me on ICS in play market. Please post how you got it to show up.

If you sideload them from titanium backup then they work I guess right? But then how do you get that to update through the amazon market? For me it only says "link to market" and it links it to the play market. So how do you make it link to amazon market?

I have a smartphone for skype and anything like that to voicechat or talk. The only thing i use my tablet for is video and games and browsing the internet once in a while. So far for me it is troublesome to do games and video compared to Modaco, maybe you can change my mind if you show us a guide on how you do all this flawlessly how you say.

Thanks in advance.

Your points are well taken, but I think the point you may be missing is that for a lot of us this is not our only android device. I don't own any Kindle Fire edition apps at all...I have a Thunderbolt and an Acer A200 as well, so it would not make sense to buy an app that only worked on the KF. I have bought about 100 apps on the play store, and I would like to make them work on the Fire. I have bought exactly one app on the Amazon App store...everything else I have there is the FAOTD.

For example, see my post above...I bought Asphalt 6 before I even had the fire.
30th April 2012, 03:56 AM   |  #267  
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
I solved this problem adding a generated imei to the kindle. You can check in logcat that the app crashes witout it

Sended from my GT-P1000 ..well my modded fire using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2012, 04:25 AM   |  #268  
Thanks Meter: 8

57 posts
Report Bugs
Hi gedemis...

I installed this ROM yesterday, played a bit and satisfied. But there are some bugs I found:

- When I set the setting -> Lock Screen -> Screen Lock to NONE, after the screen off -> it won't turn on -> need to restart

- Last night, the kindle was charged to 100% ... this morning (after 6 hours) it drained to 95%. On stock it stayed at 100%. I checked on bat stats after some periods showed increase use on : Android System, Tablet Idle and Android OS.

Thanks.
30th April 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #269  
Thanks Meter: 10

48 posts
More
Great rom, running it now. Blows cm7 out of the water. Got my nexus 4g running wifi tether, however its running as a nexus one with softap and it seems to work fine, adhoc still doesn't show up but I'm sure that'll come as the kernel gets finished. As for battery drain, turn your kindle off when not in use and read hash codes thread as to why. Only more good things to come! Great work!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
30th April 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #270  
Flag Brasilia
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
More
I need help. I installed this ROM and set my device to fasboot, now I can not connect to KF,
Went back to my old computer that I used to fastboot the device the other time and it did not work.

I do not know what to do.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread