Thread Closed

Kernel issue - Bricked By a Stunner Rom version

OP thebz1

27th April 2012, 04:36 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 26

479 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl

so... if i use LP5 kernel on my stunner 1.4.19 right now (afraid to kill = i dont upgrade)
will i kill the Gnote if i try to go 1.4.26.1
and will i kill it if i do Darky's resurrection?

i'm not sure if it will help or not... (can anyone comment on the effectiveness ?) but i flash lp6 kernel repack first on top of it without wipe before flashing 1.4.26
27th April 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #42  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,637

13,460 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdawgnc

I am still unsure what kernels are a problem or is it all N7000 ICS roms

Right now:
Any Gingerbread kernel is OK
The only current ICS kernel for N7000 that is built from I9100 source is DAFUQ (name might change with the next release... My Touchwizz kernels no longer can be considered "daily driver" since I usually run CM9). Others are welcome to fork my source if they wish.
Anything ICS-based that is a repack of a leak kernel is DANGEROUS.

I'll work with xplodWILD to get CM9 builds going soon, hopefully this weekend, using a kernel built from I9100 sources which seems to be safe.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 05:04 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 26

479 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Right now:
Any Gingerbread kernel is OK
The only current ICS kernel for N7000 that is built from I9100 source is DAFUQ (name might change with the next release... My Touchwizz kernels no longer can be considered "daily driver" since I usually run CM9). Others are welcome to fork my source if they wish.
Anything ICS-based that is a repack of a leak kernel is DANGEROUS.

I'll work with xplodWILD to get CM9 builds going soon, hopefully this weekend, using a kernel built from I9100 sources which seems to be safe.

ok, i think i'll flash your kernel now without wipe... Thanks
27th April 2012, 06:09 AM   |  #44  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 104

1,415 posts
More
I'm also among the unfortunate ones who got their Note bricked by flashing Stunner. I have been running Stunner since the first release and never had any issue until this latest release.

Now just waiting to hear back from mobiletechvideo whether this can be restored via jig or I'm totally f**ked.
27th April 2012, 06:25 AM   |  #45  
Flag Macau SAR
Thanks Meter: 96

123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils

I'm also among the unfortunate ones who got their Note bricked by flashing Stunner. I have been running Stunner since the first release and never had any issue until this latest release.

Now just waiting to hear back from mobiletechvideo whether this can be restored via jig or I'm totally f**ked.

I sent mine out to MobileTechVideo yesterday and they should be receiving it tomorrow. I really hope they can fix it with JTAG
27th April 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #46  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,637

13,460 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils

Hardbricks can't be restored with a jig - JTAG goes WAY beyond jig. Bad news is that most of the ICS-caused failures seem to be the first hardbricks that JTAG can't resurrect.
27th April 2012, 06:49 AM   |  #47  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,126

373 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you think that I can send it to Samsung to fix even though it's the international model and I'm in the U.S.?
27th April 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #48  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 104

1,415 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutekidane

I sent mine out to MobileTechVideo yesterday and they should be receiving it tomorrow. I really hope they can fix it with JTAG

I talked with Josh (the owner of MobileTech) and he told me to hold off from sending the phone just yet as he isn't sure if these can be fixed by JTAG and he want to test on the phones that he is already getting (probably yours and couple of other XDA members).

Lets hope for the best otherwise I will be in line for S3
27th April 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #49  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 10

47 posts
More
actually, i always wanted to try these custom roms but threads like this always stops me.
27th April 2012, 09:29 AM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 101

757 posts
A lot of people are flashing development ROMS who are not developers and therefore don't fully appreciate the problems and risks involved. Some end up with bricked devices due to damaged hardware which means the device needs to go away for repair. So even doing a full firmware backup before flashing does not mean you can restore your device back to working order because software can overdrive hardware causing it to fail.
Last edited by Gaugerer; 27th April 2012 at 09:39 AM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread