XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I do believe I'm hard-bricked

Tip us?

circaoffire
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] I do believe I'm hard-bricked

I had been having issues with my phone not connecting to my computer, Odin, or Heimdall. I was trying to start fresh. But instead, I just FTPed the stuff on my phone and flashed that way. I was on ED01 and EvilFascination 3.6. I flashed TeamHacksungs Build 1. I liked it but everybody said AOKP. So I tried it. I then flashed Icy Glitch kernel v14. No problem yet. Then I decided AOKP was overrated and I wanted to be on TeamHacksung. I flashed it and it booted. Then I flashed gApps and it rebooted. Then i tried the glitch kernel. It bootlooped. It turns on, shows Samsung, and then flashes black and starts over. I cannot get into Recovery mode. Download mode is manageable, but no Odin working or Heimdall. I have installed and reinstalled the drivers a dozen times. Tried 3 different usb data cables(only one was Samsung), all usb ports, 3 computers(two windows 7 and one xp), and I think I am bricked. Any more suggestions welcome. If worse comes to worst, will Verizon be able to tell i was rooted and had custom kernel, rom, and radio?

droidstyle
Old
(Last edited by droidstyle; 26th April 2012 at 05:00 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by circaoffire View Post
I had been having issues with my phone not connecting to my computer, Odin, or Heimdall. I was trying to start fresh. But instead, I just FTPed the stuff on my phone and flashed that way. I was on ED01 and EvilFascination 3.6. I flashed TeamHacksungs Build 1. I liked it but everybody said AOKP. So I tried it. I then flashed Icy Glitch kernel v14. No problem yet. Then I decided AOKP was overrated and I wanted to be on TeamHacksung. I flashed it and it booted. Then I flashed gApps and it rebooted. Then i tried the glitch kernel. It bootlooped. It turns on, shows Samsung, and then flashes black and starts over. I cannot get into Recovery mode. Download mode is manageable, but no Odin working or Heimdall. I have installed and reinstalled the drivers a dozen times. Tried 3 different usb data cables(only one was Samsung), all usb ports, 3 computers(two windows 7 and one xp), and I think I am bricked. Any more suggestions welcome. If worse comes to worst, will Verizon be able to tell i was rooted and had custom kernel, rom, and radio?
your device is pissed at you for removing aokp...how can you call it over rated?? when you purchase a vehicle are you the type that likes the base model with hub caps, cloth, no ac, no power...or do you like the loaded version with the big motor, power everything, and nice wheels? thats the difference between ths and aokp in a nutshell.

On a side note have you tried adb to get into recovery?
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

circaoffire
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ADB doesn't detect the device either. And all the unicorns and stuff was annoying. I preferred the clean smooth look of THS. All the customization, I don't even use.

m771401
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just picked up a couple of used fascinates for backup.
One works just fine with Odin the other doesn't.

With the phone booted USB functions work just fine.
Odin and Heimdall do not see it.

Looking for some guidance.

neh4pres
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by circaoffire View Post
I would try buying a new usb cord.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

jawman27
Old
Thanks Meter 136
^^I second that^^

I picked up this one on Amazon after my factory cable went a little screwy. It works like a charm.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00
Fascinate History: Stock, Stock Debloated with TB, SC3 w/ stock kernel, SC3 w/ Lean Kernel, SC3 w/ KGB, TSM Res w/ KGB, CM7 w/ Glitch V13.1, AOKP m4, b29, b30, Gummy 1.0, AOKP w/Glitch b32, b34, m5 DEVIOUS, b40 DEVIOUS, m6 DEVIOUS w/Devil, CM10 nightlies, BAKED JB

m771401
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have several usb cables and 3 fascinates.
2 Fascinates work just fine with multiple cables.

Just this one fassy is fussy. Will go into download mode every time but USB device is unrecognized. Tried on multiple computers with multiple cables. Works fine otherwise.

jawman27
Old
Thanks Meter 136
I'm just thinking out loud here, but perhaps there's a piece of dirt or hair or a bent prong somewhere in the micro usb hole. Have you ever tried disassembling, vacuuming, or sending some compressed air in there?
Fascinate History: Stock, Stock Debloated with TB, SC3 w/ stock kernel, SC3 w/ Lean Kernel, SC3 w/ KGB, TSM Res w/ KGB, CM7 w/ Glitch V13.1, AOKP m4, b29, b30, Gummy 1.0, AOKP w/Glitch b32, b34, m5 DEVIOUS, b40 DEVIOUS, m6 DEVIOUS w/Devil, CM10 nightlies, BAKED JB