5,599,337 Members 37,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone just shut off. Restarted, shut off again.

Tip us?

Oathdynasty
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Phone just shut off. Restarted, shut off again.

Just sittin' there, minding my own business when my phone shuts off. It won't boot again, so I pulled the battery, and booted it up. It worked, said 68% battery, so I put it on the charger for the hell of it, and it turned off again about a minute later. It wouldn't boot again, so I held Volume up, down, and power - it vibrated 5 times (I think), and the green LED came on. I'm about to pull the battery and reboot again, if that doesn't work, got any suggestions?

PS. When I was charging it, the red LED didn't come on.

Darunion
Old
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oathdynasty View Post
Just sittin' there, minding my own business when my phone shuts off. It won't boot again, so I pulled the battery, and booted it up. It worked, said 68% battery, so I put it on the charger for the hell of it, and it turned off again about a minute later. It wouldn't boot again, so I held Volume up, down, and power - it vibrated 5 times (I think), and the green LED came on. I'm about to pull the battery and reboot again, if that doesn't work, got any suggestions?

PS. When I was charging it, the red LED didn't come on.
my first step would be clean the usb connector, clean the battery terminals and connectors on the phone. get the simple stuff out of the way first.
Let me google that for you -The best way to help someone and also tell them they are lazy at the same time.

Trolls are like stray cats, if you stop feeding them, eventually they move on.

Answer a users question, he's smart for a day. Teach a user how to research his own questions, he's smart for a lifetime!

Oathdynasty
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darunion View Post
my first step would be clean the usb connector, clean the battery terminals and connectors on the phone. get the simple stuff out of the way first.
How do I clean it? I did canned air into where my battery goes in... is that enough? And I was thinking about wiping everything and reloading CM7... would that possibly help?

Darunion
Old
Thanks Meter 881
q-tip with very small amount of alcohol. dry it quickly. canned air is good, get the usb connector too. a full wipe wouldnt be a bad idea
Let me google that for you -The best way to help someone and also tell them they are lazy at the same time.

Trolls are like stray cats, if you stop feeding them, eventually they move on.

Answer a users question, he's smart for a day. Teach a user how to research his own questions, he's smart for a lifetime!
Tags
phone wont boot keeps rebooting