Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone just shut off. Restarted, shut off again.

OP Oathdynasty

26th April 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Madison
Thanks Meter: 2

55 posts
More
Just sittin' there, minding my own business when my phone shuts off. It won't boot again, so I pulled the battery, and booted it up. It worked, said 68% battery, so I put it on the charger for the hell of it, and it turned off again about a minute later. It wouldn't boot again, so I held Volume up, down, and power - it vibrated 5 times (I think), and the green LED came on. I'm about to pull the battery and reboot again, if that doesn't work, got any suggestions?

PS. When I was charging it, the red LED didn't come on.
26th April 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 881

1,142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oathdynasty

Just sittin' there, minding my own business when my phone shuts off. It won't boot again, so I pulled the battery, and booted it up. It worked, said 68% battery, so I put it on the charger for the hell of it, and it turned off again about a minute later. It wouldn't boot again, so I held Volume up, down, and power - it vibrated 5 times (I think), and the green LED came on. I'm about to pull the battery and reboot again, if that doesn't work, got any suggestions?

PS. When I was charging it, the red LED didn't come on.

my first step would be clean the usb connector, clean the battery terminals and connectors on the phone. get the simple stuff out of the way first.
26th April 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Madison
Thanks Meter: 2

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darunion

my first step would be clean the usb connector, clean the battery terminals and connectors on the phone. get the simple stuff out of the way first.

How do I clean it? I did canned air into where my battery goes in... is that enough? And I was thinking about wiping everything and reloading CM7... would that possibly help?
26th April 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 881

1,142 posts
More
q-tip with very small amount of alcohol. dry it quickly. canned air is good, get the usb connector too. a full wipe wouldnt be a bad idea
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
phone wont boot keeps rebooting
Previous Thread Next Thread