Anyone have update.zip for COM_GEN1

Search This thread

flavianoxxl

Sep 17, 2011
Resita
@chisme

That's the leak from March. Not the recent OTA update.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

everything work for me....

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
terrormattie thank for your reply and i know this must be very annoying but could you please confirm this is 100% the exact copy being pushed in the uk as of last night? there is so many varied posts showing old leaks i need to be sure this the genuine version , thank you:)

flavian i understand faceunlock is not included in the leaked versions?

Last edited:

masands

Apr 15, 2010
You guys keep posting the WW_GEN1 files. We are specifically looking for COM_GEN1 files.

malickie

Oct 14, 2009
Austin, TX
The difference is the WW is a leaked version that does not have the full implementation of what Acer is releasing as far as I know anyway. Either way people want the real OTA I am guessing so they can test root and what not.

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
Because the ww version is missing features and has a few bugs!!

sent from my Acer iconia a500, I pad killer

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Because the ww version is missing features and has a few bugs!!

sent from my Acer iconia a500, I pad killer

I believe you are MISTAKEN. On this thread, on the first post at the top of the page, a guy lists his rom version after completing the OTA update and it shows a WW version. This was the OTA update from like yesterday or the day before! Can't be a leaked version. Maybe WW stands for worldwide?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1315683&page=20

EDIT: You are definitely wrong. There are many people who posted screens of the settings screen AFTER they did the OTA update and they are all showing the WW GEN 1 image.

Last edited:

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
I believe you are MISTAKEN. On this thread, on the first post at the top of the page, a guy lists his rom version after completing the OTA update and it shows a WW version. This was the OTA update from like yesterday or the day before! Can't be a leaked version. Maybe WW stands for worldwide?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1315683&page=20

EDIT: You are definitely wrong. There are many people who posted screens of the settings screen AFTER they did the OTA update and they are all showing the WW GEN 1 image.

ah you sir are correct, however can somebody please just tell me in a plain simple answer,
"is that ww_gen1 THE UPDATE THAT IS BEING PUSHED right now and is it exactly the same as the ota?"

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
ah you sir are correct, however can somebody please just tell me in a plain simple answer,
"is that ww_gen1 THE UPDATE THAT IS BEING PUSHED right now and is it exactly the same as the ota?"

Within that thread I posted is the update file that someone posted after receiving the OTA update. So that file IS the OTA update. And that's the one I'm using with no issues. Not sure if that helps. :)

redthunda69

Aug 16, 2010
Atlanta
Just cancel that download, refresh and try again. It'll let you download the file.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

When I try to install this (via volume down+power button), I see the android with gears for a moment, then an android with an exclamation mark on his stomach, Por que?

Top Liked Posts