Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

Tip us?

IsaacNewton
Old
(Last edited by IsaacNewton; 20th September 2012 at 03:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by petepc View Post
Hi there, the model I purchased called OT-995A says supports HSPA/WCDMA 850/1900/2100 MHz but I believe the OT-995 and OT-995S support 900/2100MHz - but I have only seen OT-995A in Australia.

I was wondering if to enable 900MHz support it could be done by a firmware flash from the other model - but I dont want to break it.

Thanks for your help.
Hi Pete,

That confirms my suspicion. Alcatel has two versions of the OT995: one with CDMA and one with HSDPA. So far there isn't a chip available that enables both CDMA and HSDPA. I don't think you will be able to use your version on an HSDPA network. By that I mean, a firmware switch doesn't enable HSDPA, because the phone isn't capable of HSDPA.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Btw, there are chips that support both CDMA and HSDPA, but so for no phone manufacturer has shipped a phone with one.
Nexus 4 with ParanoidAndroid 4.43
The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacNewton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acilsekirlet
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Can anyone confirm that FOTA works after restoring a CWM image? Is it even working without giving yellow triangles? Not talking about ICS or anything. I just wanna know that a cwm flashed and restored 995 can do FOTA without problems.

dimitrijer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
they removed updateter from 995 download list-again.
i hope this will be final final updater for ics update

mightyjackstar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrijer View Post
they removed updateter from 995 download list-again.
i hope this will be final final updater for ics update
I don't actually think we are going to see ICS in September. Maybe, MAYBE October, but Alcatel is really showing us that it is just another rinky-dink company.

Anybody wanna buy a 995. I'm already sick of these guys.

IsaacNewton
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by acilsekirlet View Post
Can anyone confirm that FOTA works after restoring a CWM image? Is it even working without giving yellow triangles? Not talking about ICS or anything. I just wanna know that a cwm flashed and restored 995 can do FOTA without problems.
If you use CWM to restore a stock OT995 image(from your country), than the update will hold. Root will be removed, however.

gaelos
Old
(Last edited by gaelos; 20th September 2012 at 10:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Coming very soon
official from alcatel website

How can I use FOTA to upgrade my phone from Android 2.3 to Android 4.0?

For updating your Alcatel ONE TOUCH 995 from Android 2.3 to Android 4.0, you need to upgrade twice with FOTA. The first time is to upgrade your phone from Android 2.3 lower version to 2.3 highest version V61j; while the second time is to upgrade from 2.3 highest version to ICS 4.0. Please follow the steps below to make upgrade twice:

1. Please press “Menu” key at home screen--> “Settings”-->“About phone”-->“System updates” -->“Check for update” -->“Download”, then the phone will download a package to your SD card. “Install” the package, then the phone will auto reset.
a_37

2. After the above upgrade finishes successfully, please go to “Settings”-->“About phone”-->“System updates”--> “Check for update” again to check whether there are other updates. If yes, please update again; if there are no other updates, it means your phone software version is the latest one.

Why does my ONE TOUCH 3D Launcher disappear after I upgrade my phone to Android 4.0 successfully?

The update brings Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 to your ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 995. Please note that your phone will lose ONE TOUCH 3D Launcher as this software isn’t compatible with Android 4.0.

So it's official everything seems ready now
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 Int i9300
Wiko Stairway
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Geek Club Bellegarde

acilsekirlet
Old
(Last edited by acilsekirlet; 20th September 2012 at 11:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacNewton View Post
If you use CWM to restore a stock OT995 image(from your country), than the update will hold. Root will be removed, however.
Thank you!
Do we have such restore image in our hands? Without operator branding.

Only unlocked 995's will be updated as I understand. We need a Sim-Free, Operator-Free Stock Rom restore image!

IsaacNewton
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by acilsekirlet View Post
Thank you!
Do we have such restore image in our hands? Without operator branding.

Only unlocked 995's will be updated as I understand. We need a Sim-Free, Operator-Free Stock Rom restore image!
In which country do you use your phone? In the repository of mistercheese(in his signature) are the various CWM recoveries from various countries which you can download to restore your phone.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaelos View Post

[Ö]
Why does my ONE TOUCH 3D Launcher disappear after I upgrade my phone to Android 4.0 successfully?

The update brings Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 to your ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 995. Please note that your phone will lose ONE TOUCH 3D Launcher as this software isnít compatible with Android 4.0.

[Ö]
If this means we get the stock Android launcher I'm happy!

milasin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
OTA 2.5.4 --> select your phone model --> select ONE TOUCH 995 not OT 995!!!

BENETNATH
Old
Thanks Meter 857

DONATE TO ME
was it posted anywhere?
http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/fr/do...-5-4-setup.exe

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

FYI, previous version shuts down my phone after 10 sec. this one too, so i cannot confirm if it works

Tags
ot-995, ot995