5,596,128 Members 33,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

Tip us?
 
roti86
Old
#4631  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 89
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfrax View Post
ICS-Ultimate after normal use, browsing,calling,donloading and playing light games. Oc to 1.7

Attachment 1773768
Here is my result on ICS+ 1.3. UC to 1.0Ghz. Smartass v2 governor. Min frequency 122Mhz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery0305.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1782117

Looks like Ultimate ICS is more battery friendly, but I keep testing it. What about your results OT 995 users?
 
tumaini418
Old
#4632  
tumaini418's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 1,059
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ängelholm
Default Re: Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by barclac View Post
Could someone please tell me how to get the phone into fast boot mode.

Sent from my OT-995 using xda premium
I don't know what is going on with your phone, but have you tried the batch file approach yet?

Sent from my OT-995 using xda premium
 
Jinxxed
Old
#4633  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 401
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: badalup
Quote:
Originally Posted by barclac View Post
Could someone please tell me how to get the phone into fast boot mode.

Sent from my OT-995 using xda premium
1. turn off your phone.
2. while holding volume down press power, don't let go of volume down for a few seconds (let's say five seconds).

You're now in fastboot mode.

I checked the version of cwm i uploaded to my dropbox and it's working fine.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumaini418 View Post
Don't like it, won't do it. lol
Though I do see your point.
My point was that if I can do it, anyone can. You have to want to do it. All the noob questions have been answered. This device is the same as any other as far as flashing, recoveries and so on. That's why I say legitimate questions should be addressed, all "how do I" questions should be looked up. Like I said, I knew what to do from searches I've done in the past. I've learned very little in this thread. I hadn't flashed a recovery with fastboot before, so I had no idea what to do with the first one that was posted here. So I found out how to do it. The one question I had for it never did get answered here.

Sent from my OT-995 using xda premium
Well that is an assumption on your part that i don't agree with. With windows you can have 93512 usb gadget drivers for different things that may or may not mess with your drivers for your phone, not to mention that having ANY drivers installed for your phone will in itself prevent fastboot from working properly. You were lucky, you didn't have anything installed that would prevent fastboot from working, i'd say about 50% of everyone trying do have something installed that will prevent it from working though and since there is a LOT of devices out there that people will still want to keep installed while using fastboot it's almost impossible to fix it without removing support for keyboard, mouse, external storage, what have you...

I get your point about a newbie corner though but i sincerely doubt it will resolve fastboot issues and just installing ubuntu on windows will fix the issue in less than an hour. If my daughter could run slackware in 1998 then you can run ubuntu in 2013. It won't slow down your Windows installation, in fact it won't affect it at all except that when you boot your computer you'll have the choice to boot Ubuntu, it won't touch the partition table, it installs into a single file on your NTFS partition you're using to run Windows.

Personally i have NEVER been able to get fastboot to work correctly in windows, formatting options sometimes work, other times they don't, sometimes the flash works, other times it's trying to flash a keyboard that is attatched to the USB interface it's expecting the phone to be on.

I'm just saying that if you really want to use these things then it might be worth the hour to set it up properly rather than relying on a half arsed windows/cygwin emulation of Linux to actually rewrite the storage that boots your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jinxxed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tumaini418
Old
#4634  
tumaini418's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 1,059
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ängelholm
Default Re: Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

I know that jinxxed.
I wasn't making a defense for windows. lol
I just don't like Linux. Though I do understand why some may.
BTW, in '95 I took my first IBM apart and put it back together. It was a freebe cause my mother worked for the company. First computer I had contact with was a main frame. PCs weren't around yet. Phones I don't know, computers..... different all together.

Sent from my OT-995 using xda premium
 
HoScHaKaL
Old
#4635  
HoScHaKaL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 204
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Trabzon

 
DONATE TO ME
New H1N1 CM 10

cm-10-20130305-UNOFFICIAL-cocktail
revision fixes
Updated-cm
light source can now manually setting
the backlight is Bill
embedded media player works well web See Pic 1 2 3
OMX codec fix
Preview graphic camera bug fixed
google-now fixed in the new GAAPs
-Fixed wifi mac address
Battery-fix v2
screen lock screen "burn-in" is fixed (still questionable)

Download

ROM : http://d-h.st/Szr
Gapss : http://d-h.st/AeR
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoScHaKaL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jika23
Old
#4636  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 64
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Viseu
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoScHaKaL View Post
New H1N1 CM 10

cm-10-20130305-UNOFFICIAL-cocktail
revision fixes
Updated-cm
light source can now manually setting
the backlight is Bill
embedded media player works well web See Pic
OMX codec fix
Preview graphic camera bug fixed
google-now fixed in the new GAAPs
-Fixed wifi mac address
Battery-fix v2
screen lock screen "burn-in" is fixed (still questionable)

Great news, downloading now, and flashing in a moment.
 
Jinxxed
Old
#4637  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 401
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: badalup
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumaini418 View Post
I know that jinxxed.
I wasn't making a defense for windows. lol
I just don't like Linux. Though I do understand why some may.
BTW, in '95 I took my first IBM apart and put it back together. It was a freebe cause my mother worked for the company. First computer I had contact with was a main frame. PCs weren't around yet. Phones I don't know, computers..... different all together.

Sent from my OT-995 using xda premium
I don't get why... you can't kllick a K instead of your usual start menu? Can't handle installinga program with one click rather than searching the web, finding it, downloading it and have it say you need to pay for it rather than just click package manager, search for whatever file format or action you want the program to do, get a suggestion and install it?

Yeah... i can see how that would be a tradeoff... wut?

In 1983 i programmed a C64 to make a customer registry for renting copied VHS tapes.

You once asked me how old i am, i'm a grandfather and that is all i'll say on the matter.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoScHaKaL View Post
New H1N1 CM 10

cm-10-20130305-UNOFFICIAL-cocktail
revision fixes
Updated-cm
light source can now manually setting
the backlight is Bill
embedded media player works well web See Pic 1 2 3
OMX codec fix
Preview graphic camera bug fixed
google-now fixed in the new GAAPs
-Fixed wifi mac address
Battery-fix v2
screen lock screen "burn-in" is fixed (still questionable)

Download

ROM : http://d-h.st/Szr
Gapss : http://d-h.st/AeR
1. OMX was fixed a long time ago.
2. Never had a problem before his ROM's and nice that he claims to have fixed it while just reverting his own changes into the original ius code.
3. No it isn't, i can tell you how to fix it but you'll need a ROM that is better than this one to make it work, any one of Ben's will work, this won't.
4. The battery problem is because the kernel is using power collapse rather than halt, it is not fixed, it's worse than ever and you can't just slap code onto kernel without upgrading it to the code from which kernel you stole the code from. This is why this kernel is useless.
5. you wut?

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoScHaKaL View Post
New H1N1 CM 10

cm-10-20130305-UNOFFICIAL-cocktail
revision fixes
Updated-cm
light source can now manually setting
the backlight is Bill
embedded media player works well web See Pic 1 2 3
OMX codec fix
Preview graphic camera bug fixed
google-now fixed in the new GAAPs
-Fixed wifi mac address
Battery-fix v2
screen lock screen "burn-in" is fixed (still questionable)

Download

ROM : http://d-h.st/Szr
Gapss : http://d-h.st/AeR
99% is ius and Ben's work and it seems someone found my github because bagyusz tree won't build this but mine will and it will because i removed what is in his tree and replaced it with the ICS compat files, i'd like to see someone build it on his tree without using mine.

I've contacted him five times about cooperation, ben has contacted him too three times, it seems like he's not interested at all, he just wants to use the code and claim it is his.

Well, i'm removing my code now, though i suppose he has already copied my manifest and the changes he will not get the finished ROM for free with 4.2.

It is not my fault nor is it Ben's fault that he refuses to cooperate on this, i sincerely don't care about the code i release as long as i'm credited for my release, nor does Ben i'm sure but to just build a rom off of my tree and then not even updating your own to reflect where you got it from...

I'm retreating, i'll work with ben to release the code we have going on 4.2.2 and i'm making my git private as a result of this stupidity.
 
Exroid
Old
#4638  
Exroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 122
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Belleville
Default Re: Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

In my option Linux is better for computer savvy people. Easy to add support for any device and stable. Like u wouldn't use ford engine in a Honda. Use Linux on Linux(android)

Sent from my OT-995 using xda app-developers app
---------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices:
Alcatel One Touch 995S 2S50 (CM10.1)
Samsung Exhilarate SGH-i577(CM10.1)

Google Projects:
OT-995 ICS & JB Addons
---------------------------------------------------------
 
wwenigma
Old
#4639  
wwenigma's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 503
Posts: 749
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Miskolc

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

Excuse me MR. Epic linux programmer. Have YOU ever posted ANYTHING in this topic? Maybe NO? So when you wrote the above post, you forgot about that tiny thing... and one more little thing:

EVIDENCE

Evidence about stoling your (lol, lol, lol) code, and evidence about 99% revert to ius code. Bagyusz's tree is working, maybe you cant able to make 4.2 then you say that....

So, evidence about these things, or shut the * up....

We share our stuffs, bagyusz make a really good cm10, now you start help us with your knowledge or stfu.

Sent from my OT-995 using xda app-developers app
[ROM][OT-995][2.3/4.x] H1N1 GB&ICS (bagyusz&Heimdallr75) <=> [ROM][OT-995][ICS][CM9][CM10.x] H1N1 CM9 / CM10 / Clean ICS ROM (bagyusz)
Post here for Alcatel OT-995 CYANOGENMOD support, and HERE for OT-995 XDA topic!!
--------------------------
 
Exroid
Old
#4640  
Exroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 122
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Belleville
Default Re: Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwenigma View Post
Excuse me MR. Epic linux programmer. Have YOU ever posted ANYTHING in this topic? Maybe NO? So when you wrote the above post, you forgot about that tiny thing... and one more little thing:

EVIDENCE

Evidence about stoling your (lol, lol, lol) code, and evidence about 99% revert to ius code. Bagyusz's tree is working, maybe you cant able to make 4.2 then you say that....

So, evidence about these things, or shut the * up....

We share our stuffs, bagyusz make a really good cm10, now you start help us with your knowledge or stfu.

Sent from my OT-995 using xda app-developers app
Dude wtf is your deal I was just giving my option on Linux or windows. What are you talking about stolen code. Plz leave this forum you cause way to many problems with people

Sent from my OT-995 using xda app-developers app
---------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices:
Alcatel One Touch 995S 2S50 (CM10.1)
Samsung Exhilarate SGH-i577(CM10.1)

Google Projects:
OT-995 ICS & JB Addons
---------------------------------------------------------

Tags
ot-995, ot995
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes