CM3 needed to get sotk rom and info back.

Search This thread

kamale0n

Apr 26, 2012
Hey there

I just recovered my phone from being bricked twice, so not afraid of experimenting while i can.

Yesterday i had my phone working just fine on stock firmware 2.2 and CWM 3.x

I made a backup with CWM 3.x and saved it on my desktop in case i needed.

After recovering from brick i rooted the phone and installed CWM 5, to my surprise the backup made with CWM 3 is not compatible with current CWM 5.

So, loaded an "Original Euro Open Rom" and have a clean install.

What i would like to do is install CWM 3 and load the backup i made yesterday before all this mess.

I have downloaded cwm-3.2.0.1, as being an older version i need assistance as to get it installed in my phone. i thik ni might haveused oding the first time around and being too long to remember

kamale0n

Apr 26, 2012
well well... Let it be known, older CWM backups do work with current CWM5

Hi HerrKuk,

Last night i pretty much did what you are now suggesting...

1. Used smartflash to load "bin_lgp990at-00-v20l-eur-xx-oct-20-2011+0(1)"
2. Rooted the phone with "UnlockRoot v2.3.1"
3. Downloaded Rom Manager - Installed ClockworkMod V5.0.2.0
4. Created a backup with ClockworkMod - (its faster than smartflash)
5. Used Rom manager to load older bakcup (my old stock one)
6. 10 mins later CWM recovery finished loading the old backup
7. Rebooted and phone didnt go past LG logo, so it was bricked again.. :mad:

After you posted, i said.. lets do it again why not, worst it can happen is that it gets bricked again lol.. no biggie.. i had a little bit of time to kill

Well, what do you know.. this time it worked!! :D NICE!! :D But I'm baffled as to why it didn't work last night with same steps and files..

I believe if you do things following the same steps you should get the same results... i guess i was wrong :cool:

tablighs

Mar 1, 2011
Not getting past LG logo is not actually what one call a 'bricked' phone. It's just a rom issue you need to resolve.

I had an experience actually bricking a HTC android phone. What BRICK actually means that, it turns On but with black screen, there's no access to your phone, no LG logo, no CWM, no S/W upgrade screen, no ADB & no Fastboot possible. Nothing.

Please don't use the word 'brick' too loosely, just sharing my 2cents :)

Reactions: spica1234

kamale0n

Apr 26, 2012
Ditto that tablighs,

it seamed bricked to me as it was non operational after soft upgrade failure, most newbies like my self would think of it as bricked.. but thanks for clarifying the difference

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not getting past LG logo is not actually what one call a 'bricked' phone. It's just a rom issue you need to resolve.

I had an experience actually bricking a HTC android phone. What BRICK actually means that, it turns On but with black screen, there's no access to your phone, no LG logo, no CWM, no S/W upgrade screen, no ADB & no Fastboot possible. Nothing.

Please don't use the word 'brick' too loosely, just sharing my 2cents :)