[Kernel] ardatdat kernel v1.6 released [CWM] (2012-04-26)
First, thanks all testers that have contributed a lot in testing the v1.6 beta kernel. Without your valuable feedback, v1.6 release will not be here.
Let me introduce the features of "The New Kernel" v1.6
1. Generally, smoother
than all the previous versions (feedback from most of the beta testers)
2. Stabilized the voltage & frequency setting
such that the 'stock' voltage is used without affecting OC stability.
3. As different machine's CPUs are different, OC to 1.35Ghz is not the most stable setting. Instead, 1.3Ghz will be the max
4. Remove some of the useless codes used in v1.5
5. Re-base the whole kernel source from official XWLA4
6. Add in support to read NTFS & CIFS
7. Switch to use the SLUB allocator
8. Fine tune the brightness control (brightness changes smoother than v1.5)
9. Disable ipv6 (unless I am told to add it back)
10. Keep the feature of measuring correct 3g/wifi data counter
11. Makefile optimization
12. Other minor bug fixes
Special thanks to: CyanogenMod, intersectRaven, pershoot, faux123 for their kernels and references.
Flash method: CWM Recovery
Mirror (115): http://115.com/file/dpu17w7b#ardatda...ernel-v1.6.zip
Finally, flashing any kernels or ROMs have risks! Flash at your own risk! You have been warned!
You can refer this post for the previous version: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1418895