Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Problem with the Unlock Bootloader

OP Jamizzle93

26th April 2012, 08:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Right, I hope I am not being a total noob with this but here goes.

I got my HTC One V today, I plan to unlock bootloader and root my device.

So, following the bootloader stages, blah blah blah (at HTCDev).
And then, I get this: (< waiting for device > )
(Attached image 1)

So, I done some research, and it seemed to narrow down to me not having the right drivers. So I've done some driver research and so on, and installed a few. I also installed HTC Sync.

And then I got to this, when the device is turned on and plugged in through USB:
(Attached image 2)

So, now I try to turn it off and enter the bootloader, follow the steps and so on, but I still get < waiting for device >. Also, if I got to device manager while in this mode I am presented with this:
(Attached image 3)

I have tried following some guides and steps to fix this but I'm getting nowhere.

Anyone think they could help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waiting.jpg
Views:	1277
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1026113   Click image for larger version

Name:	myhtc.jpg
Views:	1064
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1026114   Click image for larger version

Name:	bootloader.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1026115  
27th April 2012, 05:38 AM   |  #2  
when using fastboot or adb make sure you have adb drivers from android sdk and htc drivers from htc sync and also close htc sync in your tray.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
27th April 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
by the way, anybody can help me how to relock bootloader ?
27th April 2012, 07:08 AM   |  #4  
ckpv5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 9,532
 
7,368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
More
-EDIT-
Last edited by ckpv5; 27th April 2012 at 09:10 AM.
27th April 2012, 12:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonemad02

when using fastboot or adb make sure you have adb drivers from android sdk and htc drivers from htc sync and also close htc sync in your tray.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I am almost certain I have the ADB drivers and the HTC Drivers from HTC Sync. Although I am not so sure about the HTC Sync drivers. I downloaded and installed the program and then I exited it when I try and fastboot.

My device manager now says this when I go into the bootloader on my HTC One V.
(attached image 1)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newdevmanager.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1027175  
27th April 2012, 12:21 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,267
 
2,779 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
HI..check ckpv5's post...it is the link to the thread he created to unlock the boot loader...if you need right drivers install htc sync.....

Then put in bootloader and let it install..then wait for it in fastboot....after all drivers have been installed it will work.....

BUT BEFORE THAT YOU HAVE TO DELETE THAT UNKNOWN DEVICE AND RE-CONNECT YOUR DEVICE..
27th April 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamchamaria

HI..check ckpv5's post...it is the link to the thread he created to unlock the boot loader...if you need right drivers install htc sync.....

Then put in bootloader and let it install..then wait for it in fastboot....after all drivers have been installed it will work.....

BUT BEFORE THAT YOU HAVE TO DELETE THAT UNKNOWN DEVICE AND RE-CONNECT YOUR DEVICE..

I have followed that thread about 5/6 times but still get waiting for device.

Installed and reinstalled HTC Sync about 4 times.

The drivers appear to be on my computer, yet I'm still getting waiting for device.
27th April 2012, 01:06 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,267
 
2,779 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamizzle93

I have followed that thread about 5/6 times but still get waiting for device.

Installed and reinstalled HTC Sync about 4 times.

The drivers appear to be on my computer, yet I'm still getting waiting for device.

Pictorial representation for thee!!



EDIT: sorry i didnt read your post properly...most probably try installing sdk and the usb driver package that comes with it..i had it installed as it is very useful
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newdevmanager.jpg
Views:	6532
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1027241  
27th April 2012, 01:37 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamchamaria

Pictorial representation for thee!!



EDIT: sorry i didnt read your post properly...most probably try installing sdk and the usb driver package that comes with it..i had it installed as it is very useful

I assume you mean this driver: (attached image 1).

Yeah, its installed. Also, if I try and install this driver in fastboot mode on the bootloader it says the driver cannot be found. (attached image 2 & 3).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	driver.png
Views:	401
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1027260   Click image for larger version

Name:	installdriver.png
Views:	344
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1027261   Click image for larger version

Name:	unable.png
Views:	270
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1027262  
27th April 2012, 01:50 PM   |  #10  
ckpv5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 9,532
 
7,368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamizzle93

I assume you mean this driver: (attached image 1).

Yeah, its installed. Also, if I try and install this driver in fastboot mode on the bootloader it says the driver cannot be found. (attached image 2 & 3).

Try my files here: http://bit.ly/IwbRMu

It has Android SDK but the old version, you can skip that one if you want to.
It has Android USB driver and HTC usb driver. So on any unknown device, just point to the drivers folder and see whether it helps or not. After install, reboot your pc first.

Edit: It may be old version but it works great for my new Win7 PC at work that I receive today
Last edited by ckpv5; 27th April 2012 at 01:54 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes