Post Reply

Xperia PLAY R800x Verizon Update Coming April 30th, 67mb

30th April 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #91  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,490
 
2,036 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
I was wrong about the updater-script i've played around with checking recovery/kernel (just looked at my files) and if anybody wants to see a OTA check from the nether-regions of Dante's Inferno's 9th circle, here's a link to it: http://pastebin.com/uyQ6QJuc (It's from the Casio Commando's M070 update)

Pax
30th April 2012, 05:37 PM   |  #92  
agraceful's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 170
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Leaked Verizon image regarding the update:

http://www-bgr-com.vimg.net/wp-conte...k2-645x483.jpg
30th April 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #93  
- Swift -'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Galway, Ireland
Thanks Meter: 800
 
2,856 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraceful

Leaked Verizon image regarding the update:

http://www-bgr-com.vimg.net/wp-conte...k2-645x483.jpg

Pretty cool but didn't someone show this a few pages back.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
30th April 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #94  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,513
 
3,591 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishStuff09

Pretty cool but didn't someone show this a few pages back.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium



I did, post #34.


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1621431&page=4



Original link, second photo down.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/27/v...date-schedule/
30th April 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #95  
savage24x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
597 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1

The OTA update will begin 11.59pm 4/30 so technically I guess I shouldnt have put 4/30, more like 5/1. And unless you have used test point to unlock your bootlaoder DO NOT OTA you will brick your phone or have it end up on ICU....

I had my bootloader unlocked last summer via Mills, where I provided my IMEI and received my unlock code, so I will NOT be OTA... now I guess I can always relock my bootloader then OTA... but I am going to most likely wait a few days and see how it goes... then go from there...

Same here. I don't get the update

Sent from my R800x using XDA
30th April 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #96  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,513
 
3,591 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage24x

Same here. I don't get the update

Sent from my R800x using XDA



Update wont be released until midnight tonight, so tomorrow it should be available to force OTA, settings, about phone, update.
30th April 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #97  
agraceful's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 170
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1

I did, post #34.


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1621431&page=4



Original link, second photo down.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/27/v...date-schedule/

Lulz my bad :P it's a security update, just got a hold of a buddy that works for Verizon. Sorry for the bad news
30th April 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #98  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,513
 
3,591 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraceful

Lulz my bad :P it's a security update, just got a hold of a buddy that works for Verizon. Sorry for the bad news

Security update to block all root access and a ton of updated V-crap apps that cannot be deleted due to root being removed.........no offense but I am SO hoping this isnt the case, but i wouldnt put it past Verizon...
30th April 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #99  
agraceful's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 170
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1

Security update to block all root access and a ton of updated V-crap apps that cannot be deleted due to root being removed.........no offense but I am SO hoping this isnt the case, but i wouldnt put it past Verizon...

Haha seems you have a lot of hate toward Verizon. I don't blame you though, they make it EXTREMELY difficult at times..Q2 is when ics is coming..Which technically is now, but just saw a blog from sony 2 days ago saying they're starting to roll out now, and we're pretty much dead last to get it
30th April 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #100  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,513
 
3,591 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraceful

Haha seems you have a lot of hate toward Verizon. I don't blame you though, they make it EXTREMELY difficult at times..Q2 is when ics is coming..Which technically is now, but just saw a blog from sony 2 days ago saying they're starting to roll out now, and we're pretty much dead last to get it

Any chance you have the link for this Sony post?

And my hatred is only for the terrible service, which I know is totally case specific and area specific. I have had more dropped calls in 1 year then I have ever had, and dont get me started with the data speeds. Plus I just hate how far behind we R800x users are from the rest of Xperia PLAY gang...... just wish that updates were controlled by the manufacturer and not the carriers....... and no I do NOT want a crapple device.... :)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes