Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia PLAY R800x Verizon Update Coming April 30th, 67mb

Tip us?

Leraeniesh
Old
Thanks Meter 952

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216Monster View Post
Maybe Verizon half @$&'ed this..wouldn't surprise me if there was an update for their update..

Sent from my R800x on CM9
They will fix this.

In seven months.
Current Devices:
VZW HTC One M7 - S-OFF - CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies - Elite Lunar Kernel
AT&T Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted - CyanogenMod 11
Nexus 7 - Unlocked - CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies
Older Devices:
Droid Razr M XT907 - Unlocked - CyanogenMod 11
Xperia Play R800x - Unlocked - Xperia NXT Gaming - DooMKernel
Kindle Fire - Rooted - Cyanogenmod 11 with SGT7 framework

FH-CS
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidjunkie View Post
Same here, I'm also having problems downloading sdcard data for star battalion, crash bandicoot, and Bruce Lee but i'm thinking that's another issue
I had to re-download the SD card data for Star Battalion, Asphalt 6, Crash Bandicoot, and The Sims 3, but they downloaded without a hitch. In fact, Asphalt 6 now works with the touchpads (although I think I still prefer the d-pad for that game :P ). I had Bruce Lee downloaded before the OTA update as well, but it was the only game where the SD card data did not have to be re-downloaded.

On a different note, it does appear that Swype got an update after all. It finally got a feature that the beta has had for a bit now where you can slide your finger from the swype key to the letter c, x, v, or a, and it'll copy, cut, paste, or select all text (respectively).

Also, this was probably obvious to most of you, but as a reminder to any who might have forgotten (like I did when I tried playing Spyro earlier) you will have to reconvert your PS1 games if you used PSXperia 1.0. PSXperia 2.0 beta supports 2.3.4.
The Following User Says Thank You to FH-CS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

216Monster
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklebott View Post
You think they'll actually try to fix it with yet another update? You realize this is Verizon right? :P
Tis why I made the joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leraeniesh View Post
They will fix this.

In seven months.
That soon lol
~ Verizon LG G3 ~
The Following User Says Thank You to 216Monster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ozzmanj1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,496
I am having same issues. Gtalk and sync issues.....

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,481

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1 View Post

Yeah, i was checking to see if it was a baseband issue, but it's not

Has anybody tried flashing the lastest gbGapps to see if it fixes it?

Pax
Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Looks like I won't be doing anything android for a long time

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax

216Monster
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1 View Post

Im calling little Red riding hood in the morning... their used to me calling with complaints and giving them a "respectable hard time"

Of course it probably wont solve anything (never has before) but at least the problem will start moving through their channels
~ Verizon LG G3 ~

GHRocker08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Finally got my update working thanks to Rogue Leader's mini tutorial!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=503 (from this thread, linked to for convenience)
If SuperOneClick looks too complicated, or you have problems, like I did, use Flashtool's Rooting tool! Can't wait for Sony to give us some PS Store love!

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,481

DONATE TO ME
In case anybody's curious about the GTalk problem:

Code:
W/GTalkService(  315): [GTalkConnection.24] doConnect: caught XMPPError connecting to mtalk.google.com:5228.: (502)
W/GTalkService(  315):   -- caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection closed by peer
I/GTalkService(  315): handleDoConnectError: error=2, XmppError=null
I/GTalkService(  315): [GTalkConnection.24] connectionClosed: connId=0, error=CONNECTION FAILED
I/GTalkService(  315): [GTalkConnection.24] handleDoConnectError: release wakelock
I/GTalkService(  315): [GTalkConnection.24] releaseAsyncWakeLock: clear timer: WakeLock{2b05cff0 held=false, refCount=0}
I/GTalkService(  315): [GTalkConnection.24] EVENT_REQUEST_ROSTER: not connected
I/GTalkService(  315): [GTalkConnection.24] (WORKER THREAD) update account status
I/GTalkService(  315): [GTalkConnection.24] (WORKER THREAD) update account status - done, took 89 ms
Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax

Rogue Leader
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHRocker08 View Post
Finally got my update working thanks to Rogue Leader's mini tutorial!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=503 (from this thread, linked to for convenience)
If SuperOneClick looks too complicated, or you have problems, like I did, use Flashtool's Rooting tool! Can't wait for Sony to give us some PS Store love!
Glad it worked out.

I needed to redownload the data for some of the preloaded games (Star Battalion, Asphalt 6, Crash Bandicoot, and The Sims), but other than that everything seems to work. Also needed to restore my Backup of Asphalt 6, for some reason it wiped out my savegame. Works fine now.

When I get around to it I will need to reconvert my playstation games, for now I just deleted them, I have them backed up on my PC anyway.

I am not having any of the other issues anyone is describing, the only problem I have lately is my battery SUCKS but thats been going on for the past week or so.

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,481

DONATE TO ME
Yupp, just tried flashing latest GB Gapps & talk is still broken.

Thanks Verizon. Well, back to I've tomorrow, with an update to CM9!!

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
Tips:

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax