I know the original Neo MT15i is not a super top of the line phone, but neither is it a budget phone. So when I get a startup time of 40 seconds without root I wonder if it is normal? In general I find the phone is a bit slow to react and launch apps as well (immensly slow compared to my girlfriend's Galaxy SII)
Using Android 2.3.4 / carrier 3Three - phone locked to carrier
The startup sequence approx is as follows:
- after a 10 second black screen the text Sony Ericsson appears
- after 24 seconds the SonyEricsson logotype swoosh animation appears
- after 31 seconds the carrier logo appears, and
- the locked homescreen appears after a total of 40 seconds.
I have seen videos on youtube where they boot the Neo in literally just a few seconds and the SonyEricsson logotype animation flies by in a second. Compared to mine it's like they were running an SSD and I was still on a 7200RPM HDD.
- Is this performance according to standard for this phone?
- Would it get better if I rooted?