[GUIDE]A500/501/G100W-Installing ICS V8 UNL-BL & CWM Or back to HC BL(24-6-2012)

OP civato

7th May 2012, 01:48 PM   |  #281  
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 445

1,573 posts
More
hang at formatting partition 4 please wait
running r14 - using apxflash and step 6 to try and revert HC
manually entered apx, plugged in cable, boot/recovery drivers install
should my tab be showing the "entering download mode screen" think i in apx still??
now its sitting on this screen "formatting partition 4" and has been for 15mins
can i flash the hc bootie and recovery manually some how?? and then run
the euu??
7th May 2012, 02:03 PM   |  #282  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,382

3,784 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraig617

I'm on step 3 I can't get my tab into apx mode by holding the reset button and power so I went down to blackthund3r's atx flash tool i've downloaded both of the packages to my desktop's home screen and extracted them and tried to start "A500APXFlash.exe" and it doesn't do anything can anybody tell me what i'm doing wrong

Reinstall acer drivers !
7th May 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #283  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,382

3,784 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibb_nz

running r14 - using apxflash and step 6 to try and revert HC
manually entered apx, plugged in cable, boot/recovery drivers install
should my tab be showing the "entering download mode screen" think i in apx still??
now its sitting on this screen "formatting partition 4" and has been for 15mins
can i flash the hc bootie and recovery manually some how?? and then run
the euu??

New package won't say "entering download mode" it will say "A500 in APX mode"
7th May 2012, 02:15 PM   |  #284  
Flag Shake City

1,573 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato

500 , 501, G100W all the same steps so I think it would be better all info stays in one place. I will supported devices in title.

Oh I see, didn't notice you'd changed it m8, .....hell I'm observant .......sweet az

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

K ta will run again but for future ref. Is there no way to get in manually???
7th May 2012, 02:18 PM   |  #285  
Thanks Meter: 4

121 posts
Getting the same error msg am i supposed to extract the files for blackthund3r's tool onto my sd card or just right right onto my desktop? i don't have anything small enough in my house to hit the reset button so using his tool is the only way i can get into apx mode but idk how to use his tool
7th May 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #286  
Flag Shake City

1,573 posts
More
[SOLVED] - restarted app -followed instructions properly-DONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato

New package won't say "entering download mode" it will say "A500 in APX mode"

sorry civ, never got the system info window after entering sbk, all good OTA'ing now
7th May 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #287  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,467 posts
Quote:

Getting the same error msg am i supposed to extract the files for blackthund3r's tool onto my sd card or just right right onto my desktop? i don't have anything small enough in my house to hit the reset button so using his tool is the only way i can get into apx mode but idk how to use his tool

Mate, I couldn't get it going either. You need to go to APX mode manually... I used an LED I had lying around, the leg was perfect to hit the reset button....
7th May 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #288  
Thanks Meter: 4

121 posts
I got into apx mode and i can see my chip uid and stuff so i'm onto step 4 which says to flash the ics 4.0.3. so i downloaded it renamed it to update.zip put it on my sd card installed cwm and tried to start my tab by volume down and power and it says recovery verified failed am i trying to flash it wrong? if so how am i supposed to flash it?
7th May 2012, 09:48 PM   |  #289  
Thanks Meter: 420

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

All my tools are windows programs - just run them from your PC
The Following User Says Thank You to blackthund3r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #290  
Thanks Meter: 420

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I got into apx mode and i can see my chip uid and stuff so i'm onto step 4 which says to flash the ics 4.0.3. so i downloaded it renamed it to update.zip put it on my sd card installed cwm and tried to start my tab by volume down and power and it says recovery verified failed am i trying to flash it wrong? if so how am i supposed to flash it?

If recovery verification has failed just delete the recovery from boot file in the system partition after rooting or use ICS Root which does it for you (on full zip; doesn't matter on lite zip)

Then flash the patched bootloader & CWM package

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread