Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

GPS dongle dosen't fit LOL!

OP richardmlea

27th April 2012, 03:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 36

96 posts
My dongle arrived today (UK user, delivered by TNT).
Just before it arrived I notice a tiny crack on my touchscreen caused by the dock.
It's going back to Asus before it brakes properly but not before I send it I am getting an independant engineers report done).
To top off a good day the GPS dongle dosent fit properly. There is not enough clearance at the front where it touches the touchscreen. I could possibly force it on an make it fit but this would risk finishing off the crack in the touchscreen. So I cant even test it.
Bahhhhh!
Last edited by richardmlea; 27th April 2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: speeling eror
27th April 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bothell, Washington
Thanks Meter: 218

1,028 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardmlea

My dongle arrived today (UK user, delivered by TNT).
Just before it arrived I notice a tiny crack on my touchscreen caused by the dock.
It's going back to Asus before it brakes properly but not before I send it I am getting an independant engineers report done).
To top off a good day the GPS dongle dosent fit properly. There is not enough clearance at the front where it touches the touchscreen. I could possibly force it on an make it fit but this would risk finishing off the crack in the touchscreen. So I cant even test it.
Bahhhhh!

Do you have a full body skin protector without cutouts for the keyboard? Only reason why I would see the dongle not fitting like it's suppose to.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App
27th April 2012, 04:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

153 posts
More
Mine is quite snug but it fits. I have no screen protector.
27th April 2012, 04:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag Cleveland, MS
Thanks Meter: 162

1,375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdevega

Do you have a full body skin protector without cutouts for the keyboard? Only reason why I would see the dongle not fitting like it's suppose to.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App

I find it hard that screen protectors would make it that tight, I guess ASUS out-did themselves with making this exactly to spec. Not a bad thing lol, but crazy that people are having issues from attachments that are like less than 1 mm thick.
27th April 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 48

223 posts
A crack in the screen + GPS not fitting says to me that the screen hasn't been properly fitted. If you sight along the edge of the screen is it bowed out around the connector or is the screen sticking out above the "case" more at one end than the other?
27th April 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bothell, Washington

1,028 posts
I agree it's a tight fit but that's what you want imo. You don't want it loose and moving around. That will create more problems damaging your tablet... it may also damage the 40 pin connector.
Then I'm sure people here will start complaining that it's too loose and is not snug enough scratching the tablet and such.
27th April 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cleveland, MS
Thanks Meter: 162

1,375 posts
More
Quote:

I agree it's a tight fit but that's what you want imo. You don't want it loose and moving around. That will create more problems damaging your tablet... it may also damage the 40 pin connector.
Then I'm sure people here will start complaining that it's too loose and is not snug enough scratching the tablet and such.

Oh yeah, like I said, totally a good thing lol

Just kind of surprising considering all the mass-production issues we've been seeing from them. I'm wondering how many of these turn out faulty, and if they're only covered for a year under implied warranty or if they'll replace them when they mess up even further down the road, if they'll replace them at all.
27th April 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #8  
Flag San Diego, CA.
Thanks Meter: 654

1,864 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I agree it's a tight fit but that's what you want imo.

That's what she said!!!!

Sorry I had too!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slayer69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 05:58 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bothell, Washington

1,028 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer69

That's what she said!!!!

Sorry I had too!

Ahhh!! Set you up good lol
27th April 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 110

522 posts
More
Mine doesn't fit either. Haha
I'm pushing pretty hard and it doesn't snap in.

Not really surprised.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread