Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wolf's ultimate flash and downgrade guide (NO ROOT NEEDED) (root opportunity for .21)

Tip us?

fuol
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStandingDroid View Post
using custom recovery it is so you need to get custom recovery for it

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

using method 3 to gain root on .21 firmware was a success

thanks
That's great news LSD! The OP suggests that method 3 only works on TF101s. Did you just test this on your own TF201?

jouix
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just a big thank you Wolf, i used the 3rd method for my TF101 and it worked perfectly now

DRaulie2003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Wolf, this worked great on my tf101 using method 3. My only question is when I go to create a stock backup is says "Error mounting backup path!" Does anyone know whats causing this error? I tried to search the thread but nothing came up. I want to flash Gummy but I'd like a stock backup before I do. Thanks in advance for your help.

Batlock
Old
(Last edited by Batlock; 12th May 2012 at 05:35 PM.) Reason: Corrected inaccuracies
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks man

Used method 3 to downgrade from 4.0.3 to 3.2.1 on my SL101 because of random reboots and no root. Worked like a charm, after the firmware loaded I had to vol down + power and wipe user data because it went into a reboot loop. Anyway, now back with root privs and used titanium backup to freeze the dmclient so I don't get any notifications about the OTA update.

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaulie2003 View Post
Thanks Wolf, this worked great on my tf101 using method 3. My only question is when I go to create a stock backup is says "Error mounting backup path!" Does anyone know whats causing this error? I tried to search the thread but nothing came up. I want to flash Gummy but I'd like a stock backup before I do. Thanks in advance for your help.
Do you have a micro sd card in the TF?

DRaulie2003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
Do you have a micro sd card in the TF?
No I don't but I switched the recovery to internal storage and it worked. I don't know why I didn't think about doing that? Thanks for the reply I actually jus tgot the nandroid finished and I was getting back on to say I figured it out. Although, I now have another question. I want to flash Gummy and I know I need to wipe data and cache but will that also wipe my internal memory because that is where my zip file for Gummy is located as well as gapps and my nandroid?

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Quote:
No I don't but I switched the recovery to internal storage and it worked. I don't know why I didn't think about doing that? Thanks for the reply I actually jus tgot the nandroid finished and I was getting back on to say I figured it out. Although, I now have another question. I want to flash Gummy and I know I need to wipe data and cache but will that also wipe my internal memory because that is where my zip file for Gummy is located as well as gapps and my nandroid?
You should be fine as long as you DON'T use the Superwipe script.
The recovery skip wiping the data/media portion

proziumwtf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just registered to say THANK YOU Wolf. Since i stupidly updated my Asus Prime to .21 I've been stuck rootless and thought about voiding the warranty and unlocking. Your clever way saved me.

Successfully downgraded to .15, using WW 9.4.2.15, then rooted with the ViperMOD, after that I used Voodoo OTA RootKeeper to save the root and the firmware update came right after I turned on the WIFI, so in less than 10 minutes I had my Stock, Locked, 9.4.2.21 Rooted Prime

Thanks again!

DRaulie2003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When I boot into recovery the only options are to wipe data(factory reset), and wipe cache, and and wipe dalvik cache. But will that wip data option wip the internal sdcard of my transformer? The recovery I'm using is rouge recovery 1.3.0.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Quote:
When I boot into recovery the only options are to wipe data(factory reset), and wipe cache, and and wipe dalvik cache. But will that wip data option wip the internal sdcard of my transformer? The recovery I'm using is rouge recovery 1.3.0.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA
Yeah you'll be fine. I use the same recovery and have wipe to flash new ROMs all the time.