Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[27-04-2012][ROM] CM9 htcleo beta1 [HWA][4.0.4][Kernel : securecrt 6.6C-HWA]

Tip us?

Xylograph
Old
(Last edited by Xylograph; 1st May 2012 at 11:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7,725

DONATE TO ME
Default [27-04-2012][ROM] CM9 htcleo beta1 [HWA][4.0.4][Kernel : securecrt 6.6C-HWA]

Welcome to the

First Hardware Accelerated CM9 Beta ROM for HD2

This rom is based on Bravo CM9 HWA rom by dk_zero-cool so credits to him for a very nice base !
Check the Desire CM9 Rom thread for more information about the ROM in general...

Huge thanks to the following HD2 (kernel) developers for making this possible in the first place : securecrt, Rick_1995, dorimanx, tytung !!

These guys are great and without them we wouldn't have this in the first place...so please folks.. don't forget to give them at least a 'thank you' !

Key Features :

- android 4.0.4 (IMM76D)
- Hardware acceleration
- CM9
- Multilanguage
- All in one cLK/Magldr bootloader concept (e334)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be aware that this rom is still BETA. Therefore, bugs exist...
Don't forget to check out the 'fixes' section below and the 3rd post of my aokp rom every now and then..

Download for Magldr/cLK :

cm9_htcleo_hwa_beta1 - mirror (Flash via recovery)

[md5sum: f167f90bd8b793c305cb786ba609e414]

repartition as follows :

Code:
misc ya 1M
boot yboot|ro 5M
system ya 150M
cache ya 5M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize
You can use the latest HD2 NAND Toolkit to install bootloader/recovery and repartition.

Downloads for SD:

Sd users please check securecrt CM9_htcleo_beta1 for sd

General Recommendations before and after installation :

Quote:
- Backup your apps and settings with Titanium backup and do a clean installation for best performance. (wipe everything beforehand in recovery)
- Default CPU speed and governor = 245-998 Mhz Interactive. Set your favorite speed and governor in 'Performance settings' on 1st boot.
- After setting up your phone consider doing a reboot for better performance.
- If you want to use A2SD download Link2SD of the market and set it up.
- Don't forget to check out securecrt kernel thread for more ICS related kernel developments.
- be aware of your system partition size and make sure you have enough space when installing all kinds of 3rd party system apps !

*** Remember that all the flashing is at your own risk ! Always make backups in recovery and/or titanium backup ! ***

Tips / Tricks & Bugs:

Code:
Tips / Tricks/ Mods 

+ KSM Memory Management :
Due to heavy memory load with OpenGL support, it is recommended to activate KSM to reduce the memory usage and avoid problems like random reboots. This is done by going to "Settings"->"Performance"->"Memory Management" and check "Kernel samepage merging" 
You can also activate zRam if you still encounter low RAM issues

+ For all people (like me) missing some AOKP options in this ROM give Reloaded ICS 1.9b3-041012 a try ! it's great

+ + If you would like to check out the 'TabletUI' mod (check my signature for more info) I have made one for this ROM..Just dont forget to disable the navigation bar before using it : TabletUI_MOD_CM9_HD2_HWA.zip  -  mirror

!! Keep in mind that you can't use both of the above mods together !! Use one of them 

Bugs

- When you need to reboot your phone for the first time using this rom please use the poweroff / on function
  You can get stuck into a bootloop when using the reboot option and will need to pull battery..
- Black bar while using the camera (try lg camera of the market as alternative)
- Barcode scanner not working (try NeoReader of the market as alternative)
Changelog :

Code:
- will come when updates are available
Fixes & (Not) working list:

Code:
Fixes :

- cLK Data fix :

cLK users either flash cm9_htcleo_hwa_cLK_fix_try1.zip  -  mirror to fix Data connection or try Dorimanx new HWA kernel to get Data connection going

- GPS fix :

Please flash cm9_htcleo_hwa_gps_fix_try1.zip  -  mirror (flash via recovery) to get GPS going

Working list :

- Hardware acceleration*
- Audio in/out (fixed)
- Wifi (fixed)
- Bluetooth
- Pinch to Zoom (multi touch)
- Camera (pictures)
- Magldr Data
- cLK Data (use provided fix)
- Chrome
- Gallery
- Phone
- USB- mounting
- GPS (use provided fix)

Not (or partially) working list :

- USB-Tethering (partially.. search thread)
- Video (flash) - search thread for alternatives (mx player)
- Video recording (30 sec)
- probably more.. Start testing please :)
I will try to fix some more stuff, but I won't be maintaining this rom for very long..

Be aware that there are other projects that I want to spend my time on and besides that tytung (and dorimanx) will probably shortly follow with a better build from source !!

This ROM is just to give you guys some results of last week development and something to 'play' with so you can see some hardware acceleration in action !

Enjoy Everyone and keep it friendly please!

Other Thanks & Credits to : Texacise (Drewis) , Tiamat, e334, cmhtcleo, arif-ali, Cotulla, xavierjohn22, dsixda, Bullet92 & jellenl (for making the youtube videos)
The Following 135 Users Say Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

walidhazem
Old
Thanks Meter 527
Nicee!!!!! thanks xylograph
Roms, Guides, etc... for Android in the sd section(HD2)
For windows phone7(HD2),
and the sensation too

one x running ARHD
Galaxy note 10.1 running ARHD
HD2 running mwakious's poseidon rom

IF i helped just hit the thanks button
follow me on twitter

elander
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Excellent!!!

Marvlesz
Old
Thanks Meter 740
FINALLY !!

Thanks to everyone who contributed in this project !!

Downloading !!
Do you have a question about the HD2 ? Ask it here for an instant response.

OnePlus One: Carbon 4.4 with Franco kernel.

Xylograph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7,725

DONATE TO ME
I like the first screenshot best !

Mother hehe
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raff5859
Old
Thanks Meter 11
HWA , i must flash it ;]

Wysyłane z mojego HD2 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
Pomogłem? Daj piwko- będę wdzięczny

DonEmu
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylograph View Post

Mother hehe
If you're not going to maintain this rom does that mean we dont need to take any logcats or report any bugs to you or will all the info we have be needed by the other developers?

Just wanna know how much those who decide to take the plunge need to put this rom to its paces.

Dr_Grip
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonEmu View Post
If you're not going to maintain this rom does that mean we dont need to take any logcats or report any bugs to you or will all the info we have be needed by the other developers?

Just wanna know how much those who decide to take the plunge need to put this rom to its paces.
I am by no means an expert but given that tytung is currently working off an old codebase he'll probably rebase his ROM on this. And if he won't, someone else will. Anyways, bug reports will not go amiss.

DonEmu
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Grip View Post
I am by no means an expert but given that tytung is currently working off an old codebase he'll probably rebase his ROM on this. And if he won't, someone else will. Anyways, bug reports will not go amiss.
Yeah but looking at the desire thread their ICS rom had more bugs than our roms prior to HWA. I thought it was more likely that once they figured out the reason they could boot this as opposed to booting the AOKP or a direct CM9 from source they would either switch to those two more reliable sources.

But oh'well, I'm bored so I'll just switch my main number to my BB and abuse this rom through the night.

Bullet92
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylograph View Post

Mother hehe

hahaha, the best one. Is that a HWA feature?

Let's start playing with it. Well done guys

The Following User Says Thank You to Bullet92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]