Bugs

OP mattymon

28th April 2012, 12:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 10

99 posts
More
Anyone notice any bugs so far with the one xl? If so, report them here. I'm getting some weird bugs.

Wifi issue 1: Sometimes when i leave a wifi zone the phone still shows its connected to wifi. Only way to get rid of it is to turn wifi off and then back on.

Wifi issue 2: It stays connected to wifi, however, i notice it jumps up and down quite often and doesnt remain consistent. Sometimes i loose connection at 0 bars and then it goes back to full.

Loading: Sometimes when i leave an application the screen needs to load and i get a "loading" notification in the middle of the screen.

SMS notifications sometimes don't notify me. I randomly have o check myself.

Facebook private messages don't notify me as well. I have to manuallty check. Even though its set to sync.

Sometimes my sim needs to re-register.

This is my second HTC one XL unit. Also, rogers cannot get lte to work on my device. Yes, i have an lte sim and my account has an lte plan. I just came from a sgs 2 lte.

Let me know if anyone else is experience any bugs?
28th April 2012, 01:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 118

464 posts
Those are some serious bugs that would be a deal breaker for me. Hopefully it's just a defective unit and you could get it replaced?
28th April 2012, 02:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Toronto

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextNexus

Those are some serious bugs that would be a deal breaker for me. Hopefully it's just a defective unit and you could get it replaced?

Like i mentioned in my previous post this is my second unit!
28th April 2012, 02:40 AM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto, ON
Thanks Meter: 72

317 posts
More
I can safely say I have not encountered any of those issues yet.

LTE is working great (on Telus). No issues with WiFi. All SMS notifications are working. Haven't received any Facebook PMs yet, so not sure about that.

One issue I have noticed, though I'm not sure if it's with the device or with specific apps, is that some apps that have a dedicated menu key will still show the soft menu key at the bottom of the screen.

e.g...

Note the app has it's own menu key, yet the soft menu key is still visible.
Last edited by ~David; 28th April 2012 at 02:46 AM.
28th April 2012, 04:51 AM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 23

83 posts
Donate to Me
More
I previously stated my wifi was fine, but I am starting to notice some issues with it lately. It seems to drop connection from time to time. Sometimes my SMS also will not notify me, or if they do, I won't have a flashing green notification led.

I was having a problem earlier saying something like 'Network access changed. Calling is restricted' and forced me to have no signal. Switching airplane mode on/off fixed this problem, and playing around with the network mode (gsm/hspda/lte) seems to have fixed this problem for now.
28th April 2012, 05:11 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Toronto

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danada

I previously stated my wifi was fine, but I am starting to notice some issues with it lately. It seems to drop connection from time to time. Sometimes my SMS also will not notify me, or if they do, I won't have a flashing green notification led.

I was having a problem earlier saying something like 'Network access changed. Calling is restricted' and forced me to have no signal. Switching airplane mode on/off fixed this problem, and playing around with the network mode (gsm/hspda/lte) seems to have fixed this problem for now.

I get the same issue with the calling is restricted issue. Then it registers the sim again. Seems like we have some of the same issues. These issues were both persistent on both of the HTC one xl phones i had.
28th April 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 168

1,485 posts
More
I wasn't sure if it was from a screw up of mine or not, but I've noticed Wifi drops as well. I think I've had some network drops too but never any dropped calls and it's difficult to diagnose as a certainty.

The wifi definitely drops though. Hope a custom kernel with better wifi drivers comes out.
28th April 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #8  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 3,801

2,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Haven't seen those on AT&T's version.
28th April 2012, 06:07 AM   |  #9  
Flag Toronto, ON
Thanks Meter: 72

317 posts
More
I've been using my One X nonstop since I got it yesterday, I haven't noticed my WiFi drop even once. Though I'm connected to a 5Ghz network; I've switched to my 2.4Ghz network now and I'll report back with my results later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpenn

Haven't seen those on AT&T's version.

Does the AT&T version have a different radio baseband or anything? Otherwise, the AT&T and Rogers are the same model (X325e).
28th April 2012, 07:21 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,662

4,278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~David

I've been using my One X nonstop since I got it yesterday, I haven't noticed my WiFi drop even once. Though I'm connected to a 5Ghz network; I've switched to my 2.4Ghz network now and I'll report back with my results later.

Does the AT&T version have a different radio baseband or anything? Otherwise, the AT&T and Rogers are the same model (X325e).

i believe our model is PJ83100... i could be wrong on that though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread