XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

Tip us?

tdizzle404
Old
Thanks Meter 1081

DONATE TO ME
Question TDJ

Dude I swear you get some of the craziest people in your threads.

I just wanted to let you know that I don't have the echo,and really don't have any issues to report.
I hope these idiots don't push you away,cause when it comes to stability and battery life your one of the best.
Htc Droid DNA
Grouper
A Must Read for Noob to Dev!
^^^^A good read while you let your phone sit for 10
If Ive helped you please hit THANKS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdizzle404 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cwalker0906
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLaTeS View Post
Oh, right, I done that, so I been doing all my steps correctly, I just never payed atention it says that on the left top corner, I'm going to restore everything and re-do everything all over again, see if I get any luck
thanks bud

you are right, I don't know much about what I'm doing and don't you think the only way to learn it's trying it?
If I knew what I were doing 100% I wouldn't be asking!
Absolutely try but sometimes an attempt can break phone so u have to be carefull

xxKamikazexx
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle404 View Post

I just wanted to let you know that I don't have the echo,and really don't have any issues to report.
I hope these idiots don't push you away,cause when it comes to stability and battery life your one of the best.
Yeah same here. They don't represent the mass users. You only hear from the very few that have problems and never from the ones that don't have issues, because let's face it... they don't have anything to report or complain about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

chrischoi
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle404 View Post

+1!

Same here. I enjoy your work and appreciate everything you do.
I guess there will always be the idiots lingering in the air.

thederekjay
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 8980

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by code_monkey74 View Post
yea, we are unbelievable. god forbid anyone try flashing a theme made for a ucld2 rom which, correct me if i'm wrong, this rom is based off of. The dev can't test every tiny little thing so that leaves some stuff up to us. especially a BETA release. trial and error. And never once in the years that I've been here came back to complain about a "bug" that would or could be possibly caused by me not reading and following instructions. I don't post much because i actually do take the time to read and follow instructions and usually never have a problem unlike a lot of the people posting issues here that obviously can't or do not follow instructions. If i would have had an issue after flashing the theme, then it would have been my fault for not completely following the steps provided on the first page and instead of coming here whining about it. I would know what caused the issue and would go back and do it properly. It's common sense, which I know seems kind of rare around xda these days but some of us still have it. Since others were flashing this theme with no issues, why not give it a shot? And in the end, it's perfect.....for me anyway.
Ok I will say this one more time... The files in the ucld2 base are not the same as the ones in my rom. I know every knows more than I do but have modified a lot of files/framework in my rom package. If you can't understand that I decompile the apks make changes and build them again, well I am sorry for u. This ROM isn't the same as the ucld2 base, it's based off that, but I have modified te files. Why do I even bother since everyone else knows more than I do about what I have included in my rom package...

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."
: : D A R K S I D E : :

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE."

Find me [HERE] on Google+

Follow me @DARKSIDE_TDJ on Twitter
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thederekjay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OldeCrow
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLaTeS View Post
Oh, right, I done that, so I been doing all my steps correctly, I just never payed atention it says that on the left top corner, I'm going to restore everything and re-do everything all over again, see if I get any luck
thanks bud

you are right, I don't know much about what I'm doing and don't you think the only way to learn it's trying it?
If I knew what I were doing 100% I wouldn't be asking!
We all have to start somewhere,

I would recheck the basics if you can't get any rom to flash.

I would recheck your root/reflash recovery, (the touchless version that TDJ recomends) and reflash superuser and binary either from the cw flashable zip or update from the market.
I used the root method found here in the developement section not the one from general:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1311194

In recovery fix permissions before you flash, make sure signature checking is disabled in recovery (I can't find it in my touch recovery so this option may only be in the factory recovery) fix permissions after you flash too.
Signature checking and fix permissions were the two things that stopped me the first time I flashed my SGS2 after coming from the Vibrant...
Current Phone: SGS4T-Mobile
If you don't want me to compare your rom to others maybe you should consider developing soup can's with strings instead.

KiLaTeS
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker0906 View Post
Absolutely try but sometimes an attempt can break phone so u have to be carefull
I know man, but I honestly can not get a noob answer, every thread has 999 pages and still can get a right answer to what I'm looking for... oh well... :/

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldeCrow View Post
We all have to start somewhere,

I would recheck the basics if you can't get any rom to flash.

I would recheck your root/reflash recovery, (the touchless version that TDJ recomends) and reflash superuser and binary either from the cw flashable zip or update from the market.
I used the root method found here in the developement section not the one from general:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1311194

In recovery fix permissions before you flash, make sure signature checking is disabled in recovery (I can't find it in my touch recovery so this option may only be in the factory recovery) fix permissions after you flash too.
Signature checking and fix permissions were the two things that stopped me the first time I flashed my SGS2 after coming from the Vibrant...
thanks, I will save this so when I get back I can try this.
I apreciate

OldeCrow
Old
Thanks Meter 121
I reported both his posts.... Troll
Current Phone: SGS4T-Mobile
If you don't want me to compare your rom to others maybe you should consider developing soup can's with strings instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to OldeCrow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theghazi
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Screw the hater. I am happy to see the best ics rom. I thank the dev. Darkside rom is the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

`SBR`
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by thederekjay View Post
Ok I will say this one more time... The files in the ucld2 base are not the same as the ones in my rom. I know every knows more than I do but have modified a lot of files/framework in my rom package. If you can't understand that I decompile the apks make changes and build them again, well I am sorry for u. This ROM isn't the same as the ucld2 base, it's based off that, but I have modified te files. Why do I even bother since everyone else knows more than I do about what I have included in my rom package...

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."
Agree on this.. he had done coding changes in the systemUI.apk (don't know what it is).. flashing the theme will take away the tweaks he has..

TDJ, You're rom is running very smooth and no Fc's so far..
I have to uninstall the Rom manager and re-install to make the Fix permission working..

Here is my Mod based of TDJ's systemui.apk

changes:
1% Battery Mod
50% Transparent Statusbar
Center Clock

my density is 206, so it may be bit different for you flash it in 220 dpi

if any one interested, flash over the Rom

Download

If anybody knows how to make the statusbar background transparent let me know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to `SBR` For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
darkside venom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe