Custom ROM GB.XXKPH.WT-0.4.0
This is a rework of my previous ROM using a new EU stock ROM (XXKPH). The biggest change from my previous ROM is the installation. I am now using the AROMA installer that has been popping up in many different Android phones. It turns our that the AROMA installer works pretty well with Galaxy Player. It will open up more options for ROM developers in packaging their ROM.
Latest News & Status
[06/14/2012] V0.4.0 is now up for testing.
[06/10/2012] Added a screenshot of RTL support in the coming (V0.4.0) release.
[06/06/2012] V0.3.0 is now up for testing.
[06/01/2012] Added a few screenshots of the installer. V0.3.0 is coming!
[05/04/2012] v0.2.2 is confirmed to be working on US devices.
[05/03/2012] The installation issue is fixed in v0.2.2. So far it is tested on Intl device only. US device users please report back whether the fix is working or not.
[04/29/2012] There is still an installation issue with US devices. [FIXED]
[04/29/2012] Release of v0.2.1. Creating "rom-settings" folder on internal sdcard for used with device id hack.
[04/28/2012] Release of v0.2.0.
GB.XXKPH.WT-0.4.0(International or US)
GB.XXKPH.WT-0.3.0(International or US)
GB.XXKPH.WT-0.2.2(International or US)
- (new) Right to left language support. MultiLing keyboard is added if you need one to enter middle east languages.
- Refactoring of device ID hack
- Included "WT ROM Tweaker" app for modifying phone parameters
- Derived from XXKPH 2.3.6 EU ROM
- AROMA Installer
- Deodexed, Rooted & Busybox
- No kernel (so that it works for both US & Intl)
- Advanced power menu (added Reboot, Recovery & Download)
- Lidroid Quick Panel (aka 13 status bar toggle buttons with long press)
- Device ID hack (Similar to Meticulus' hack but a different implementation. See more info below)
- Change ro.product.model to GT-I9000 for better market compatibility
- Three choices of boot animation
- TW Launcher 4.5, GO Launcher EX
- Whatsapp (good for testing device ID hack)
- Format-ext4 (i.e. lagfix) This will format /system, /data, /datadata (dbdata) and /cache to ext4. You can use this to wipe your device before installing the base ROM.
- Format-rfs This will format /system, /data, /datadata (dbdata) and /cache to rfs. You can use this to wipe your device before installing the base ROM.
Change Log: V0.4.0 - RTL support - Include MultiLing keyboard V0.3.0 - Refactoring of device ID hack. - Added WT ROM Tweaker app for modifying phone parameters. V0.2.2 - Fixed mount/unmount issue on US devices. V0.2.1 - Create "rom-settings" folder on sdcard for used by device id hack. V0.2.0 - Device ID hack - Changed ro.product.model to GT-I9000 for better compatibility - Optional boot animations (ICS, Glowing Android & Bios) - Optional launchers (TW Launcher 4.5, GO Launcher EX) - Apps (Whatsapp) V0.1.0 - AROMA Installer - No kernel - Deodexed - Rooted - Busybox - Advanced power menu (added Reboot, Recovery & Download) - Lidroid Quick Panel (13 status bar toggle buttons)
- You have a Galaxy Player 5.0 International or US (YP-G70).
- For US device, you need to have Entropy's kernel. You can get the kernel in this thread.
- For international device, you need to have rumirand's kernel. You can get the kernel in this thread.
- Your internal SD card has more than 200M bytes free.
- Copy the zip package you downloaded from the link above to your internal sd card.
- Turn off your device.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by pressing Vol Up+Home+Power. You can release your buttons once you see the Samsung logo.
- In main menu, use "wipe data/factory reset" clean up your data directory.
- In advanced menu and do a "Wipe Dalvik Cache".
- In main menu, select "install zip from sdcard".
- Then select "choose zip from internal sdcard".
- Pick the zip file you put on the internal sdcard.
- Select "Yes" to start the flashing.
- Now the AROMA installer will start. Follow the installation steps shown.
- At the end of the installation, press 'Finish' and you will go back CWM Recovery.
- DO NOT WIPE data after the installation! Otherwise you will wipe out apps installed in the data partition!
- If it is a success, go back to main menu and select "reboot system now".
Installation Instructions for Mods
- Install the base ROM first using the instructions as shown above.
- Install the additional mod using "install zip from sdcard" in CWM.
- No need to do data wipe after the installation.
- If you want to revert to the base ROM, flash the uninstaller (if available).
- rumirand - For his big contribution in rj's kernel, make sure you visit his kernel thread for latest kernel goodies!
- Entropy512 - For his big contribution in CWM and kernel deveplopment and helpful comments in the forum. If you have a Galaxy Player 5.0 US, you may find something useful in his kernel thread.
- dsixda - For his marvelous ROM Kitchen. If you are a newbie like me, make sure you check out his ROM Kitchen thread.
- Daneshm90 - For his wonderful Auto_Deodexer script. Particularly useful if you want to understand the command behind the scene. See his thread here.
- untermensch - For his guide on advanced power menu.
- clockworx, Decad3nce & racks11479 - For their guide on device ID hack.
- Fr4gg0r - For his TW Launcher 4.5.
- lidroid - For his 14 status bar toggle buttons.
- amarullz - For his AROMA Installer.
- madmack - For his Arabic patch.
- And countless people who posted on XDA.