Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Root ASUS Transformer TF101 On Android 4.0.3 ICS

OP eugene17

28th April 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
First things First, this is NOT my WORK I have no hand in the developing of this Rooting Method. I found it useful after hours of searching the web to root my EeePad TF101 with android 4.0.3 ICS

thanks to chan32167 and all that help made this possible

It is easy and simple and yes it gave me ROOT

chan32167ís rooting tool for TF101

Please note that this method is for rooting the original Transformer (TF101) using Windows.

DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide. Proceed at your own risk.

Step 1: If you havenít already, download and install the latest drivers for your ASUS Transformer TF101 [then get it from ASUS Official Website]. ASUS sync

Step 2: Pick up your Transformer. Navigate to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging.

Step 3: Connect your Transformer to your Windows PC using a USB cable. make sure Asus Sync is connect

Step 4: Download tf101 ics root.zip (below) Unzip it using a suitable software (we recommend 7zip) and then launch run.bat.

Step 5: Your device will now be detected Follow on-screen instructions.

If you followed the steps correctly, your ASUS Transformer TF101 will be rooted on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. To confirm this, look for a Superuser app in your apps drawer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture8.png
Views:	7971
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1029003  
Attached Files
File Type: zip tf101_ics_root.zip - [Click for QR Code] (290.1 KB, 27965 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 220
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene17

First things First, this is NOT my WORK I have no hand in the developing of this Rooting Method. I found it useful after hours of searching the web to root my EeePad TF101 with android 4.0.3 ICS

thanks to chan32167 and all that help made this possible

It is easy and simple and yes it gave me ROOT

chan32167ís rooting tool for TF101

Please note that this method is for rooting the original Transformer (TF101) using Windows.

DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide. Proceed at your own risk.

Step 1: If you havenít already, download and install the latest drivers for your ASUS Transformer TF101 [then get it from ASUS Official Website]. ASUS sync

Step 2: Pick up your Transformer. Navigate to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging.

Step 3: Connect your Transformer to your Windows PC using a USB cable. make sure Asus Sync is connect

Step 4: Download tf101 ics root.zip (below) Unzip it using a suitable software (we recommend 7zip) and then launch run.bat.

Step 5: Your device will now be detected Follow on-screen instructions.

If you followed the steps correctly, your ASUS Transformer TF101 will be rooted on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. To confirm this, look for a Superuser app in your apps drawer.

It's old and works only on 9.2.1.17 or .13 as far as I remember so even viperMod is better but worth try.
The Following User Says Thank You to wolf849 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
yes you are right my firmwire was 9.2.1.17 thanks for clarification
30th June 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #4  
xcartay's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Help rooting. I tried everything...
Hi, i have read lots of threads and forums i have investigated and tested. I tried initially with "tf101 ics root.zip" i did the syncing and running of "run.bat" followed every step, and nothing. Made variations of the same process and nothing.

Then i tried with RazorClaw and a advice with "device lacks need file" appear.

Then i tried SparkyRoot and it read "Exploitable file not found".

I dont now what to do anymore, i just want to "Freeze" all the bloatware and crappy uninstallable apps that auto load on my Transformer.

i Got the Asus Transformer TF-101 with ICS 4.0.3.

I uploaded a screen print with firmware versions installed in bit.ly/MILGVv

Please help!

Thanks in advance
1st July 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #5  
Thing O Doom's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 725
 
1,530 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
You can use my PERI tool to root with one-click :]

Link below vv
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1681155
The Following User Says Thank You to Thing O Doom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2012, 06:59 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Thanks Thing O Doom. Your tool worked beautifully.
23rd September 2012, 08:45 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Dnepropetrovsk
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Unhappy don't work on latest firmware
People help me please, this root utility do not work on my latest firmware 9.2.1.27, after first steps i recive:

s60.radikal.ru/i170/1209/d5/f6ccc8e2fb2d.png
Last edited by QAleader; 23rd September 2012 at 08:55 PM.
24th September 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 84
 
245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QAleader

People help me please, this root utility do not work on my latest firmware 9.2.1.27, after first steps i recive:

s60.radikal.ru/i170/1209/d5/f6ccc8e2fb2d.png

Do you even read through the thread before posting? Some posts above yours someone says it only works on 9.2.1.17 and below.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app
17th December 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
worked great
Thanks for the well explained method for rooting my transformer with android 4.03. Worked great.
Cheers gbok19
21st December 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Battery Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing O Doom

You can use my PERI tool to root with one-click :]

Link below vv
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1681155

And such a nice tool it is too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes