5,600,984 Members 44,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PATCH] ICS Call echo FIX + [potential] car dock audio fix (Update II - 04/30/12)

Tip us?

yaldak
Old
(Last edited by yaldak; 1st May 2012 at 02:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1446

DONATE TO ME
Default [PATCH] ICS Call echo FIX + [potential] car dock audio fix (Update II - 04/30/12)

FOR AT&T LEAK BASED ROMS ONLY. NOT FOR CM9 or gingerbread!!!

Hi all,

No more call echo

This fix uses the proper T989 audio parameters so noise suppression actually works like it should (car dock should work too in theory). On top of that is Samsung Diamond Voice Engine which really makes calls sound great.

It fixes the issue at the core, within the audio libraries. The audio paramaters and noise cancelling routines now work as they should.

UPDATED
I think I finally fixed this f$cking issue once and for all. For real this time. Try out the newest update I have attached to this post (Diamonds.zip)
This patch is a breed of libraries from the Galaxy Note and the Galaxy Blaze. It took me a very long time to put it together. But with a lot of work and hex digging I found the perfect combination.

I don't even think T-Mobile's ROM is going to sound this good

You might still have to turn down your volume a notch if you have a troublesome case, but I am going to make a bold statement and say that this should fix the problem for a 90% portion of you

Also--by its nature--this newest patch should fix the car dock audio problems. I can't test it to confirm. Please let me know if it does.

Report back with results!

Devs you are free to use. Credit is all I ask I spent lots of time on this and not enough time working on a project due tomorrow >_<

To the kind folks that donated to me in the past few days. thank you and I will thank you personally and address my PMs too. Been on and off the grid because of finals.

Cheers
Yaldak

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727-IcyS using xda premium
Attached Files
File Type: zip DiamondsVoiceX.zip - [Click for QR Code] (478.3 KB, 2591 views)
Projects:
Custom AOSP for T989, T999, P999

Sources at Github
The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to yaldak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intricatedesign
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Dear sweet baby jesus yes!! DLing, gunna see what happens! ur the effin man, seriously.
Have you seen my galaxy lately?

epicroot
Old
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
I've made two phone calls yaldak and asked if they here an echo. They both said no..
1st call was w/ case
2nd call was w/o case

Before it was hit and miss for me some ppl would complain if echoing bothers were not..

So far so good brother

Edit 1 : have not had an oppurtunity to test compass.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
Slung at your screen from my 460hp 450wtq Genesis Coupe.

Remember kids drugs are bad mmkay

yaldak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1446

DONATE TO ME
Good to hear. Compass is still broken in this version

Did 4 test calls myself. All reported no echo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727-IcyS using xda premium
Projects:
Custom AOSP for T989, T999, P999

Sources at Github

marcopolo1
Old
Thanks Meter 68
great work my friend!.. i love your rom. and your fixes.. rotation, facebook font, now echo ! great!
Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500
Crash v 2.5
Network : Claro - Peru
The Following User Says Thank You to marcopolo1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

unlvmike
Old
Thanks Meter 100
I think TDJ already fixed this issue you should ask him for help if he'd be willing to share.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

-Mr. X-
Old
Thanks Meter 2158

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlvmike View Post
I think TDJ already fixed this issue you should ask him for help if he'd be willing to share.

I know people keep saying he fixed it, but if he did. I would expect he would have released it. Unless he is doing the community a disservice and trying to squander the fix for him self only for glory or what ever other reasoning.

Also to the OP. What do the display firmware in /etc have to do with the audio echo? and i understand you're trying to fix the compass so is that why the sensors lib is in there?
If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to Donate it's appreciated, but not required!

gorillaz1
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Based on his new ROM being a beta I think TDJ is testing a fix same as Yaldak.

Hopefully they both work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

daveid
Old
(Last edited by daveid; 28th April 2012 at 10:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 284
Seems legit, my wife won't hate talking to me! Do you drink? If so, what's your drink of choice? If not, I'll buy you a burger.

Here's something to show my gratitude - 0LC82576P94652635.
The Following User Says Thank You to daveid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yaldak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1446

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlvmike View Post

The approach used in the Darkside ROM is different. I did a library comparison to verify it.

While the approach should work because it appears to reverse the noise redcution switch (hence why the TDJ says to keep it on), this approach fixes the problem at its core--audio library side. Noise reduction will work exactly as it did in Gingerbread. Some people in that thread are still reporting the call echo issue because the audio paramters are off in all of the Skyrocket-based roms.

A LOT of work and experimenting was done to narrow it down to this one stupid file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mr. X- View Post
I know people keep saying he fixed it, but if he did. I would expect he would have released it. Unless he is doing the community a disservice and trying to squander the fix for him self only for glory or what ever other reasoning.

Also to the OP. What do the display firmware in /etc have to do with the audio echo? and i understand you're trying to fix the compass so is that why the sensors lib is in there?
There is no display firmware. That's sensor firmware. This is preliminary work toward fixing the compass, as such it is a work in progress. It's not a beautified patch just yet

Quote:
Seems legit, my wife won't hate talking to me! Do you drink? If so, what's your drink of choice? If not, I'll buy you a burger.
A beer will do my friend

The Following User Says Thank You to yaldak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]