5,598,463 Members 47,003 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][CONFIRMED] SOFTWARE VERSIONS 1.14, 1.24, 1.08, 1.27 and all ICS software v etc

Tip us?

shingers5
Old
(Last edited by shingers5; 1st October 2012 at 03:32 PM.) Reason: added full flash instructions
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3005
Default [ROOT][CONFIRMED] SOFTWARE VERSIONS 1.14, 1.24, 1.08, 1.27 and all ICS software v etc

Hey guys
- not experimental anymore as roots all latest ICS builds and previous unrootable GB roms!
This is classed as experimental as I cannot try it but those with above mentioned softwares can. As we know most of the ASIAN firmwares 1.14, 1.24, 1.28 and Thailand and some o2 DE and Vodafone Dutch firmware versions have not been rootable by Doomlords exploit. This can prove quite disappointing by some who want to flash custom roms etc or just want root on their stock rom. This supersu zip works with most recent firmware releases and on One X so there is a strong likelyhood it will work on SXL as well.
Original Thread here here and all credits to CHAINFIRE(amazing dev) for this. I have attached the latest supersu zip 0.88 to this post.
Procedure:
1. If not already done so unlock bootloader at HTCDEV website. full instructions given on how to do this on the website here
2. flash recovery from here
3. boot into recovery via bootloader and flash supersu zip attached to this post (download and place in root of internal sd before flashing recovery) and reboot. supersu app should be installed on device. run the app and update the binaries as prompted and that should be it. if any issues go to preferences and change su setting to grant from prompt and it should be ok.

please advise if successful so i can update or remove thread. please post what software version you attempted to root and region PLEASE
Extended flash procedure broken down

1. unlock bootloader at HTCDEV.COM
2. with phone connected to pc and usb debugging enabled type: adb reboot bootloader. phone will boot into fastboot mode showing fastboot USB in red border
3. type command: fastboot erase cache
4. flash recovery downloaded aboved by using this command: fastboot flash recovery recovery_for_1.28
5. using press power button to select hboot highlighted in blue
6. vol down to recovery in green and power to select. recovery should launch
7. install zip from sdcard and choose supersu 0.87 or 0.88 and install
8. reboot and enjoy full root
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWM-SuperSU-v0.88.zip - [Click for QR Code] (556.5 KB, 18749 views)
File Type: apk SuperSU-v0.90-language-test-3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (827.0 KB, 8898 views)
GOOGLE NEXUS 5(BLACK)
SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 - I9505
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to shingers5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

volcanomed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks for your hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
Hey guys
This is classed as experimental as I cannot try it but those with above mentioned softwares can. As we know most of the ASIAN firmwares 1.14, 1.24, 1.28 and Thailand and some o2 DE and Vodafone Dutch firmware versions have not been rootable by Doomlords exploit. This can prove quite disappointing by some who want to flash custom roms etc or just want root on their stock rom. This supersu zip works with most recent firmware releases and on One X so there is a strong likelyhood it will work on SXL as well.
Original Thread here here and all credits to CHAINFIRE(amazing dev) for this. I have attached the latest supersu zip 0.88 to this post.
Procedure:
1. If not already done so unlock bootloader at HTCDEV website. full instructions given on how to do this on the website here
2. flash recovery from here
3. boot into recovery via bootloader and flash supersu zip attached to this post (download and place in root of internal sd before flashing recovery) and reboot. supersu app should be installed on device. run the app and update the binaries as prompted and that should be it. if any issues go to preferences and change su setting to grant from prompt and it should be ok.

please advise if successful so i can update or remove thread. please post what software version you attempted to root and region PLEASE
Sorry for my bad english.
It's soo great! my sensation xl rooted now! software 1.29.73.3 europe france. Thank you very very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to volcanomed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maianhtungsten
Old
(Last edited by maianhtungsten; 30th April 2012 at 06:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Rooted

Great...! XL Rooted, Software 1.24.708.2

Thank you very much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	root.png
Views:	3666
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1032195  

shingers5
Old
Thanks Meter 3005
Ahh music to my ears. That's just great. Hope everyone can now enjoy all that's on offer here and more

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
GOOGLE NEXUS 5(BLACK)

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

lameazz
Old
Thanks Meter 62
.. and now the fun began now there will be more happy sxl users

shingers5
Old
Thanks Meter 3005
Remember for some apps you guys will need busybox installed so download from market

GOOGLE NEXUS 5(BLACK)

fbi2010
Old
Thanks Meter 1
software 1.29.73.3 europe france
orange rom, works just perfect......... thank you !

dadoetjoki
Old
Thanks Meter 3
my adb not recognizing my phone

alfchin
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Here's the new root tools
no need to use custom recovery,just run the bat file
usb debug and unknown software source is required

I've try it on 2.28.709.1,it works
Attached Files
File Type: rar TPSparkyRoot.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.71 MB, 3086 views)

shingers5
Old
Thanks Meter 3005
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfchin View Post
Here's the new root tools
no need to use custom recovery,just run the bat file
usb debug and unknown software source is required

I've try it on 2.28.709.1,it works
Appreciate any help but why try and confuse things if posted solution works. Recovery method is offered because most will prob flash a custom rom so will have recovery already.

GOOGLE NEXUS 5(BLACK)