Rooting Xperia Mini/Mini pro/Active/Walkman on Firmware .62 and ICS 4.0.4
Hi Every1, in this tutorial am gonna show u all how to root firmware .62 on Xperia Mini ST15i.Update : Also other 2011 xperia
Stock Firmwares (Incl ICS)
(not my collection, thank that guy
1) U may lose all the data on your phone. (I have backups of everything so i dint not bother to wipe. But it is a good practice to hav backups before messing with your phone) UPDATE : Phone data is not lost
2) Rooted xperia mini with .62 firmware.
Things you need:
1) Doomlord's rooting kit(thank him for that). http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1321582
2) Flashtool http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/
3) .42 firmware ftf file http://www.4shared.com/file/ZdoKiVWJ...49-6227_.html?
4) For rooting ics follow the other method posted below in weak wifi link.
5) Some guts
Overview of the process:
1) Downgrading your phone to .42 firmware.
2) Utilizing zergrush exploit to root device.
3) Upgrading to .62 firmware with root.
Seems simple isnt?
I would like to make clear that i do not take responsibility if anything should happen on your phone. This idea is not exactly mine and I would like thank fellow xda members for this knowledge.
Please follow the methods as it is or you may end with a brick.
Devices tested : Xperia mini(basic concpet is same "downgrading and upgrading", if any one have tested on their xperia say xperia mini pro for example please let knw).
UPDATE : Xperia Active
Flashing 42 firmware:
1) Download the ftf file from the link above. That is the .42 firmware file.
2) Download and install flashtool and doomlord rooting kit.
3) Now friends please make a backup of your data(contacts,messages, etc)
4) Place the downloaded ftf file in %flashtooldirectory%/firmwares.
5) Now open Flashtool.exe
6) Drag the ftf file to flashtool window.
7) A pop up window with options for flashing will be shown.
8) Uncheck Wipe user data and wipe cache.
( I had an issue here, even though i uncheckd those i lost my data, but its good to give a shot here and if your phone retains data you are lucky)
9) Make sure none of the EXCLUDE or checked.
10) click ok, A pop up window will be telling you to connect your phone in flashmode.
11) Check Unknown sources and debugging in your phone, switch off it. Press the vol down button and connect the usb cable.
12) The flashing process will be done.
13) Now Turn on your device. ( If your phone stops at the sony ericsson logo dont freak out that you have bricked your phone. This is normal)
14) Now if you are able to get to your home screen pat yourself and tell good job!.
15) Check firmware version in settings.
Rooting the Phone:
1) Now check unknown sources and debugging in phone and connect it to pc.
2) The drivers must automatically install.
3) Now goto the directory where you extracted doomlord's rooting kit.
4) Open runme.bat and press any key
5) after few seconds your phone must restart.
6) goto app drawer and make sure superuser app is there.
7) to double check, download rootchecker from market and check.
Upgrading to firmware .62
1) first i did not use my phone much, i just installed superuser and right away updated.
2) this may be a factor since removing bloatware before updating could cause problems. But not sure.
3) To update go to update centre app in phone.
4) Check for update and update.
5) After restart you should have Xperia MINI with root access!
Do not update via pc companion, perform Over-the-air update. Else phone could be bricked.
For Users having weak wifi there is another method.. follow the Link
You are welcome to any suggestions so that anyone who is not clear can understand.