Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [Question] Will the proprietary ImageSense chip slow down development ?

OP ChristianFS1

29th April 2012, 07:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Hadsund FTW!!!!
Thanks Meter: 10

87 posts
More
i might pick up one of those things soon (i'm feeling serious G.A.S!!!), so i just want to know if this phone will see a lot of roms, considering the camera chip... if you think it'll slow down the development significantly, please leave a reply and explain yourself, i'll be very grateful. i'm coming from a desire z, is there anything i have to take into further consideration before buying ? cheers
29th April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #2  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,393

6,940 posts
More
For sense roms.. no. For AOSP roms, it's possible. Maybe in AOSP roms the ImageSense chip will just be ignored/disabled. I don't see it as a huge hinderance though, just a camera hinderance.
29th April 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 399

2,516 posts
More
Debateable question. Currently loads of older phones still haven't got fully working camera on asop roms. It will be a 'long' time before the one s has a fully functioning cm9. For the while the no sense roms are sweet. The only difference is the settings....and a few other bits.development will kick in.there are devs working on it. As for the one s...its a beautiful piece of phone. Dont be put off by your asop wish...I love cm...but be honest the no sense roms are great till it arrives. If not Lee Droid is coming soon..so tweaks ahoy..

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium App
29th April 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Hadsund FTW!!!!
Thanks Meter: 10

87 posts
More
It's not because i need an aosp rom, i'm more concerned about longterm-upgrade-ability. If HTC decides to not include the imagechip technology in newer iterations of sense, would it be left behind?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA
30th April 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #5  
Flag Nashv!lle
Thanks Meter: 31

187 posts
More
Well they just developed it... I don't see them already leaving it behind especially with as beautiful the pictures turn out with if. I used it through the weekend and I'm very impressed with the quality. It my be a bit before it gets worked into rom development, but I don't think they are gonna drop it any time soon

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, development, one_s, roms
Previous Thread Next Thread