Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS] MARANGE HTC DESIRE MIUI V4 2.10.26 Beta (uploaded on Oct 31th, 2012) [RET]

Tip us?

lenny_kano
Old
Thanks Meter 677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale8530 View Post
Just check if you have changes in the file public.xml, when you install the framework should do so:

apktool if res.apk-framework ---> framework.1
apktool if MIUI-framework-res ---> framework.3
apktool if com.htc.resource.apk--> framework.2

Added the line - 2 in the framework apktool.yml decompiled.

To me when I have everything framework-miui-res.apk/values/public.xml decompil the values ​​0x03 ... when is that when decompil / recompile, though recompile when they stay the same if you should go
Just to be clear, it doesn't need to be any apk in particular that is installed to 2.apk, I just said com.htc.resources.apk because when I solved the problem everyone was having recompiling framework-miui-res, that was what I had handy. It would work just as well with any framework apk that uses 0x02. That and the line in apktool.yml are enough to force apktool to keep the correct value for the miui framework.
Lennox | Check out my apps in the Play Store
Former MIUI Australia & Xtreamer Mobile Developer
All-around Android nice guy

frankgrasshopper
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Update?

Hello Marange, Will there be an update this weekend?
The Following User Says Thank You to frankgrasshopper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lenny_kano
Old
(Last edited by lenny_kano; 5th May 2012 at 02:01 PM.) Reason: apology
Thanks Meter 677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgrasshopper View Post
Hello Marange, Will there be an update this weekend?
Give it a break. Don't ever ask for ETA's. It's rude, and frankly very annoying, and every single dev would be over the moon if noone ever asked questions like this again.

He's working on several issues and there'll be an update when there's an update that's working and is worth releasing. Until then, sit tight, and let him work.

Edit: I apologise for sounding harsh, but sometimes it needs to be said.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lenny_kano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frankgrasshopper
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello, I wanted to offend anybody. It was more curiosity. On the contrary, I am of the opinion that an update is currently not necessary. The way it works itīs really god.
The Following User Says Thank You to frankgrasshopper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lenny_kano
Old
Thanks Meter 677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello, I wanted to offend anybody. It was more curiosity. On the contrary, I am of the opinion that an update is currently not necessary. The way it works itīs really god.
I do understand, but devs will always let you know when/if there is something coming.

Asking about updates isnt as bad as posts like "downloading now" or "works good thanks" (There's a thanks button for the latter, and noone really cares about the former) but can still be very irritating. Just because official releases are done every Friday, anyone who does any real dev work needs time to test and fix issues, and sometimes an update just isn't worth worrying about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lenny_kano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frankgrasshopper
Old
Thanks Meter 3
to ask for updates also means that people are also very pleased with the work. That's why they always want more. But you're right. as a user I do not see how much time and effort is needed.

marange
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 524

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
to ask for updates also means that people are also very pleased with the work. That's why they always want more. But you're right. as a user I do not see how much time and effort is needed.
Hi frankgrasshopper,

I am not offended and I don't mind as much as lenny_kano when people ask for an update. But I know what lenny_kano means, I program for a living and it can be annoying sometimes. Especially when it pays the bills . But no problem here.

An update: There is a major problem with the 2.5.4, which I need to fix first before I can make a release. It the current update some change in the code causes a blank screen. And it stays blank. It is no bootloop or hang or whatever. Only a blank screen. I notice in the logcat that it is doing stuff, but it does not draw anything on the screen. So I think some patching is needed, but I am still trying to find out where.

So I don't know when I find it, but I work on it ...

Hope everybody is happy again ...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marange For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jukyO
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Hello everyone,

Can someone try to install battery calibrator by jon richards? I was able to install it on Sandvolds 0.6, but now in this rom it gives cannot install in default location (data/app). Here is market and logcat screenshot:

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
||HTC Desire|| Nikez-Evervolv-Turba 3.3.0p1 (JB 4.2.2)|| 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23|| HTC-RIL 1.6.1062G||
2.6.38.8-evervolv-turba-jellybean-nikez-perfection||1Gb Ext4+14.4Gb FAT32

GUIDES
ADB Workshop and Guide for everyone
Installation guide to ADB on Ubuntu 10.10

MY Stuff
Juwe RAMscript Flashable zip
LG Keyboard
Bravia engine for Desire
CM7&MIUI sdcard read/write fix

marange
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 524

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukyO View Post
Hello everyone,

Can someone try to install battery calibrator by jon richards? I was able to install it on Sandvolds 0.6, but now in this rom it gives cannot install in default location (data/app). Here is market and logcat screenshot:

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Hi,

This is just a guess, but I think it could be that it tries to install it in /data/app. Sandvold has this directory, and my ROM doesn't. You could try to create the data/app directory and see if it then installs. Do people know if there are more app that install in /data/app ? If this is an issue for more apps, I will include a /data/app directory in a next build (if this solved the problem of course).

Bye,
Marange

bel57
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Smile help please

Thanks, works like a charm ^^ I have no bug or force close since yesterday
but how to activate A2SD ? I have an EXT3 partition (created with clockworkmod recovery) and I chose EXT3 during installation but it seems not activated, apps are installed on internal memory

my configuration :
HTC Desire : Hboot Data++ - Android 4.0.4 - MIUI V4 2.4.27 Beta - SD Card Lexar 16 Gb Class 4

Tags
facebook who gets miui v4, vote