XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q? One x on T-Mobile?

Tip us?

chanman23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Q? One x on T-Mobile?

What data speeds does the one x get on T-Mobile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
[/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to chanman23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sapplegater
Old
Thanks Meter 29
The only speeds you'll be able to pick up on T-Mobile with the One X will be Edge. Since the One X doesn't have T-Mobiles 3G data bands. Unless you are some on the few lucky cities that has the newly updated T-Mobile towers with the same 3G bands as AT&T.
The Following User Says Thank You to sapplegater For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chanman23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitygrad2010 View Post
The only speeds you'll be able to pick up on T-Mobile with the One X will be Edge. Since the One X doesn't have T-Mobiles 3G data bands. Unless you are some on the few lucky cities that has the newly updated T-Mobile towers with the same 3G bands as AT&T.
Is there a way to check where the new updated bands are? Also is there any version of the one x at all that gets at least T-Mobile 3g?

[/SIGPIC]

sapplegater
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanman23 View Post
Is there a way to check where the new updated bands are? Also is there any version of the one x at all that gets at least T-Mobile 3g?

As far as I've heard there are a few cities in California that have been upgraded there might be a thread on here about I know tmobile plans on having the upgrade completely finished by early 2013, and as for OneXs being compatible some are saying that the OneXL is compatible with T-Mobiles 700/1900 AWS band but it will take some configuring with the radio for it to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to sapplegater For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

denny1514
Old
(Last edited by denny1514; 3rd May 2012 at 06:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default is this whats causing my problem?

i have the one x international version and i can't get any data..i put the t-mobile APN configuration in and no cigar..would this be whats causing the issue?

recondo1202
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Heads up if you are currently using the HTC One X on TMO but are considering switching to Straight Talk.

I just purchased their $45 plan plus paid the $15 for the ATT Micro SIM and am not able to get connected to Straight Talk. As others have mentioned, their CS does not know what they are doing, i.e.: The CS rep told me he needed to transfer me to the correct department and I asked what department that was and his comment was "our Department that handles ATT Micro SIM issues using a Non Straight Talk phone"

So if you are considering this don't cancel your TMO account immediately...

Good luck...oh and by the way, this phone is SWEEEEEEEEET!!!

djdant
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
So even the global one won't get 4g or H speeds on t-mobile? isnt it different from the Att version band wise? I am thinkin about getting this or One s
T-Mobile myTouch 3G
T-Mobile US HD2
T-Mobile G2 (Sold)
T-Mobile myTouch4G (Sold)
T-Mobile Sensation 4G (Sold)
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 (Current)

sapplegater
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdant View Post
So even the global one won't get 4g or H speeds on t-mobile? isnt it different from the Att version band wise? I am thinkin about getting this or One s
Nope the global one won't get tmobile speeds cause it only have the upload band for tmobiles 4G and not the download for it to work on tmobile it has to have the 1700/2100 AWS band. And the main difference band wise on the the international version and AT&T XL is that the international lacks a LTE card.

albatnawy91
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I have the international one x and I am on T-mobile I get like 5 mb which is very good for me

chanman23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatnawy91 View Post
I have the international one x and I am on T-mobile I get like 5 mb which is very good for me
5mb on edge?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
[/SIGPIC]