TF300 WIFI issue!

Search This thread

wtrimble

Apr 30, 2012
I recently purcheased the TF300 shortly after it came out and have loved it so far. Though I have had a couple issues with it. One thing I noticed is that when I am in a room outside of my wireless router (around 20-25 ft away), and have the TF300 in my lap, the wireless connection will greatly drop of. It will go down from 75% to about 40%.

What I found was that if I hold the TF300 up with my hands gripping the bottom of the tablet, I will get good reception. However, when I put both my hands around the top of the back of the tablet, the wireless connection drops immediately. I means it's immediately noticable.

Does anybody else have this issue? Is this common with all tablets? It kindof feels like the "grip of death" that the Iphone 4's had.

wtrimble

Apr 30, 2012
Thanks for the reply.

I guess the main issue isn't me holding my hands over the top of the back of the tablet (testing to see where specifically the issue was), it's when I have it laid down on any surface, like my lap, or on the sofa... seems that whenever there is an obstruction of the top of the tablet, the wireless connection greatly decreases.

Is this true for other tablets? I've never noticed this with my Samsung Galaxy SII using wireless

G

GuestK007

Thanks for the reply.

I guess the main issue isn't me holding my hands over the top of the back of the tablet (testing to see where specifically the issue was), it's when I have it laid down on any surface, like my lap, or on the sofa... seems that whenever there is an obstruction of the top of the tablet, the wireless connection greatly decreases.

Is this true for other tablets? I've never noticed this with my Samsung Galaxy SII using wireless

I picked up the tf300 yesterday. i havent noticed this with this one yet, i used to with my ipad 1g. its a fault of any wireless device thats designed to be as low power as possible. Also, you could try changing channels so a less noisy band (that can also play a part)

It has to do with antenna orientation, you can spin it slowly and watch it change signal levels. for this reason i have my router antennas positioned one upright, and the other straight out. This works for me as the router will use the signal from whichever antenna has the clearest reception.

Last edited:

wtrimble

Apr 30, 2012
After changing channels on my wireless router and moving the antennas on it.. I have not had anymore issues with the WIFI. I think it works great. videos stream instantly.