5,597,707 Members 34,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need a decent kernel for CM7.2 0 - Etana making phone bad.

Tip us?

gk141054
Old
(Last edited by gk141054; 30th April 2012 at 08:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] Need a decent kernel for CM7.2 0 - Etana making phone bad.

Hi folks,

Running CM7.2 on my phone but I need some advice on a good kernel to use with it.

I installed 2.6.32.59-ETaNa_LOC_LITE_OTF this afternoon but it has made me phone awful to use.

From standby the screen takes ages to switch on... so long that I think I mispressed the button so press it again so by the time it comes on, it switches straight back off again.

Also the phone is very sluggish to use.

Sometimes it won't even come out of sleep at all and I have to pull the battery...

Can anyone suggest another kernel that I could try please?

Shadowchaz
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Just use the cm7 kernal. If you want voodoo sound look in temaseks unofficial builds.

The standard kernal is very stable...

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowchaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lavina
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Ironkernel was a good alternative but I don't know if is regulary updated you can check setiron g+ page

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Lavina For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcof93
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Probably there is something wrong in your rom..unfortunately etana is the kernel updated most frequentely than the others..at this point you can use the cm7 kernel, swiftextreme or ironkernel but they are very old respect etana..have you tried the v3?
The Following User Says Thank You to marcof93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

salisbury_steak
Old
Thanks Meter 597
This is another vote for the stock kernel. If you want to see if you can make it faster, you can try the snappy mod. It's inside Temasek's mediafire folder.
Thank you for thanking!

LG G2 D802 ESA
ROM: Stock (4.4.2) rooted
LG Optimus 2X P990
ROM: CyanogenMod 7 Temasek Unofficial (2.3.7)
Recovery: CWM Recovery (6.0.2.5)

Acer Iconia Tab A510
ROM: Stock (4.2.2) rooted
Recovery: CWM Recovery (6.0.1.9)

Don't have Dropbox yet? Get an additional 500MB cloud storage free (on top of 2GB) by clicking this referral link!
The Following User Says Thank You to salisbury_steak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]