Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help me i have only 2 weeks left on my garanti!

Tip us?

ableeker
Old
(Last edited by ableeker; 11th May 2012 at 10:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman01 View Post
Perhaps i found another possibility for your problem
Here is a little patcher program you can try:
- start Kies, connect Tab, start patcher, enable spoof true
- in "Spoof Product Code as" dropdown select NEE (or other nordic version?), select it from dorpdown, not write it in with keyboard
- then tick write registry
change back to kies itself and klick: update firmware...

Et voila it works.....hoepfully :)
If GB_Stock_Safe_v5 has codes for more countries, and yours is one of them, it's best to restock to it and to dial *#272*IMEI#*, where IMEI is not the word, but your 15-digit IMEI. This will allow you to select your code.

If you've got a ROM with the CSC for your country, you should first make sure your product code is correct for your country, and then you can flash the correct CSC with the ROM with ODIN.

If your product code is incorrect (like mine was), you should restore the backup of nv_data.bin (.nv_data.bak) in folder /efs. If that doesn't work, or you don't have a backup, and you know your nv_data.bin is damaged, you can try to repair it by hex editing it, like I have described above. This however probably shouldn't be done if you're not sure you know what you're doing, as it may among others damage your IMEI, preventing you not only from upgrading via Kies, but possibly also causing the Tab to be unable to call or use a data connection.

You can also try rodman01's method. I haven't tried it, but ir sounds promising.

small_fish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
can someone explain to me how to do a rom backup for my tablet? i'd like to do that before trying the other options!

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1245
no easy way. You have to do something.
My first "full backup" was using "rotobackup" method but that requires rooting.

The most common one using Nandroid backup requires CWM recovery (hence flash a kernel).

Even Titanium Backup requires root.

You are better off securing a copy of your stock rom if you can find one first.