FORUMS

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Guide-windows 8-ADB/fastboot solved!

1st May 2012, 07:57 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
This is a guide to help people fix fastboot not being recognized with the new windows 8 consumer preview, which happened to me and i found the easy fix. After installing the preview,
1 connect htc evo 3d, let phone connect and install its own drivers, then under device manager, find htc-update drivers- download and install adb drivers http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2tunwdxr3q2q8ec

2. Next go into sdk manager and install all updates that are current, make sure you dont let computer go into idle and if files arent downloading correctly, simply redo the update till everything updates properly, might take a few times because windows 8 isnt optimized yet for file transfer, who knows, etc

3. FASTBOOT IS NO LONGER UNDER TOOLS, BECAUSE ITS UNDER PLATFORM TOOLS. the update puts fastboot from tools to platform tools, so to get adb/fastboot to recognize you have to shift/commandprompt where platform tools are for it to recognize adb/fastboot and let you issue commands



There you have it..... maybe i should go into developing, i just got lucky with this, i hope this helps one person out.... rocking the new htc one s rom, htc evo 3d until the next 3d, keep the developing coming
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Luthien1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
1st May 2012, 11:30 AM |#2  
iDannyPR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
awesome
1st May 2012, 02:02 PM |#3  
aoaleman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 381
 
More
I've been looking for something like this, thanks so much luthien!
1st May 2012, 05:52 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
sure, anytime......hope it helps more people
1st May 2012, 07:28 PM |#5  
ssojyeti2's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag North Miami Beach
Thanks Meter: 2,690
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthien1

This is a guide to help people fix fastboot not being recognized with the new windows 8 consumer preview, which happened to me and i found the easy fix. After installing the preview,
1 connect htc evo 3d, let phone connect and install its own drivers, then under device manager, find htc-update drivers- download and install adb drivers http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2tunwdxr3q2q8ec

2. Next go into sdk manager and install all updates that are current, make sure you dont let computer go into idle and if files arent downloading correctly, simply redo the update till everything updates properly, might take a few times because windows 8 isnt optimized yet for file transfer, who knows, etc

3. FASTBOOT IS NO LONGER UNDER TOOLS, BECAUSE ITS UNDER PLATFORM TOOLS. the update puts fastboot from tools to platform tools, so to get adb/fastboot to recognize you have to shift/commandprompt where platform tools are for it to recognize adb/fastboot and let you issue commands



There you have it..... maybe i should go into developing, i just got lucky with this, i hope this helps one person out.... rocking the new htc one s rom, htc evo 3d until the next 3d, keep the developing coming

Please search before posting...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1583316
1st May 2012, 08:46 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
maybe this will help people out, thats whats important....not searching for a somewhat similar one, that might not work. the more the merrier, can lead someone to getting it to work
The Following User Says Thank You to Luthien1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 09:57 PM |#7  
laie1472's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 829
 
More
What the Hell. Dude my guides work. This one however is the one that should be removed. This guide is a joke obviously you have no idea what your doing. When you say in your guide to download all the packages are you aware what's that for ??? Its for full on development. You don't need any of that for fastboot or adb. Unless your planning on developing all that will do is occupy space on your hard drive and a lot of it. Also you could have just pointed the user to newer/latest sdk that will put the tools in platform. No need to download the old sdk just to update to the newer one with a whole lot of installs the average user will never need. Your guide should definitely be removed because its highly incorrect.

#Root_Hack-Mod*Always\
Last edited by laie1472; 1st May 2012 at 10:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to laie1472 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 10:11 PM |#8  
aoaleman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 381
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laie1472

What the Hell. Dude my guides work. This one however is the one that should be removed. This guide is a joke obviously you have no idea what your doing. When you say in your guide to download all the packages are you aware what's that for ??? Its for full on development. You don't need any of that for fastboot or adb. Unless your planning on developing all that will do is occupy space on your hard drive and a lot of it. Also you could have just pointed the user to newer/latest sdk that will put the tools in platform. No need to download the old sdk just to update to the newer one with a whole lot of installs the average user will never need. Your guide should definitely be removed because its highly incorrect.

#Root_Hack-Mod*Always\

Didn't need to insult the guy for just trying to help...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aoaleman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 10:14 PM |#9  
laie1472's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 829
 
More
Really ?? Why not reread his post.

#Root_Hack-Mod*Always\
1st May 2012, 10:25 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Crowley, TX
Thanks Meter: 389
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laie1472

Really ?? Why not reread his post.

#Root_Hack-Mod*Always\

Yeah seriously, he tried to put up a guide to help people who couldn't get adb and fastboot to work. It obviously worked for him. If this is what happens when people try and help around here, then thats why we don't see more guides.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes